Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, what am I? My I/E always types within a 10% percent difference, and I've gotten answers both ways from tests. I've read articles, taken many tests, and asked friends. Is it actually possible for me to be both? If not, what are your opinions?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on the circumstances. I also think more like an INTP.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually meant to say "Thinks like INTP" instead of "Looks like an INTP". You caught my mistake.

Reactions: Zone

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Seriously, what am I? My I/E always types within a 10% percent difference, and I've gotten answers both ways from tests. I've read articles, taken many tests, and asked friends. Is it actually possible for me to be both? If not, what are your opinions?
Figure out your dominant function: Ne, or Ti.

Figure out which is more "negative" to you: Si, or Fe.

It's not about I/E on an MBTI test, it's about which function you are leading with, which makes a subtle difference in the psychology.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
If you always score in the middle of E/I, you could be an ambivert. You may enjoy the stimulation from groups, but like time alone too. I am a heavy introvert that can deal with moderate amounts of social stimulation. I'm not 100% I, but my preference is for introversion. If you have trouble with deciding what your preference is, look to the cognitive functions and decide how you most naturally take in information. INTPs and ENTPs have many similarities but their functions are in a different order and there is a different emphasis. I would recommend you take a cognitive functions test if you are still undecided to get some insight into what you rely on, although some of those tests may not be that accurate.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it thinks like an INTP, it is an INTP. That's the definition.
As an INTP do you crave social interaction? Do you have leadership abilities? Do you talk to random people you meet?
And ENTPs actually have Ti as their aux, so a developed ENTP could/would think like an INTP.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you always score in the middle of E/I, you could be an ambivert. You may enjoy the stimulation from groups, but like time alone too. I am a heavy introvert that can deal with moderate amounts of social stimulation. I'm not 100% I, but my preference is for introversion. If you have trouble with deciding what your preference is, look to the cognitive functions and decide how you most naturally take in information. INTPs and ENTPs have many similarities but their functions are in a different order and there is a different emphasis. I would recommend you take a cognitive functions test if you are still undecided to get some insight into what you rely on, although some of those tests may not be that accurate.
Could you recommend a test? The only cognitive test I've taken was incredibly off.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Could you recommend a test? The only cognitive test I've taken was incredibly off.
I was hesitant to give you one, because I haven't found any that are remarkable (although some have helped me to narrow down the possibilities of the functions I use). Tests from similarminds or the quiz section on this site could give you a start.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As an INTP do you crave social interaction? Do you have leadership abilities? Do you talk to random people you meet?
And ENTPs actually have Ti as their aux, so a developed ENTP could/would think like an INTP.
Most people want a lot of social interaction. I have poor leadership abilities, but I have gotten myself into leadership positions anyway from time to time. Usually didn't end well; I got caught up in my inferior Fe and tried to use it as if it was a well-developed function, but I didn't have the instinctive idea of how to use it skillfully. I seldom talk to random people I meet, but I might take the initiative to a conversation if the other seems at least as uncomfortable and alone at a party as me.

The difference between an ENTP and an INTP is not just that their Ti and Ne is in a different order; the INTP has inferior Fe while the ENTP has inferior Si. You should seek some information about this to make sure which of the two you are. If you are completely sure that you are one of these two that is.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here, take this one, and post your results:
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.57
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.2
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.92
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||| 7.39
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.935
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||| 4.01
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||| 2.45
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||| 1

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ESTP
or Second Possibility: INTJ
or Third Possibility: ISTP

I'm not a Sensor, and I'm not a Judging type,(I did read summaries for the types) so...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most people want a lot of social interaction. I have poor leadership abilities, but I have gotten myself into leadership positions anyway from time to time. Usually didn't end well; I got caught up in my inferior Fe and tried to use it as if it was a well-developed function, but I didn't have the instinctive idea of how to use it skillfully. I seldom talk to random people I meet, but I might take the initiative to a conversation if the other seems at least as uncomfortable and alone at a party as me.

The difference between an ENTP and an INTP is not just that their Ti and Ne is in a different order; the INTP has inferior Fe while the ENTP has inferior Si. You should seek some information about this to make sure which of the two you are. If you are completely sure that you are one of these two that is.
I am sure I'm one of the two. I have some difficulty recognizing when my inferior is impacting me. Could you provide an example of how the affects are different?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Those results, to me, looks like the ones of a developed ISTP.

Try reading something about the functions instead, if you are really interested in this, or post in the 'What is my type?'-subforum. You aren't likely to get very far this way.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, that thread got absolutely nowhere. This at least got me some info.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.57
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.2
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.92
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||| 7.39
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.935
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||| 4.01
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||| 2.45
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||| 1

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ESTP
or Second Possibility: INTJ
or Third Possibility: ISTP

I'm not a Sensor, and I'm not a Judging type,(I did read summaries for the types) so...
That's an awfully high Se result, kind of uncharacteristic of an INTP. It could be that you're an E7 INTP, but based only on this I am thinking extraverted primary, and if we're convinced you're not a sensor, then Ne.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's an awfully high Se result, kind of uncharacteristic of an INTP. It could be that you're an E7 INTP, but based only on this I am thinking extraverted primary, and if we're convinced you're not a sensor, then Ne.
I have made a point to develop some skills that are associated with Sensing, so my test score on Se depends on what questions are asked.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts