Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading a little about dimensional models. . . . Essentially what is being said or found in some studies is that clear 16 function, (dom function) preferences are not verifiable from evidence in testing. To boil it down, just as we have evidence for ambiversion (real life people experiences), we have degrees of importance or intensity or value that we place on "P", "N", "T" etc. Aside from discussing specific testing methods, this opens up a new world of how to understand people?

24 different categories that could matter more than four letter types?

JI
FI
TI
NT
ST
JE
FE
TE
NF
SF
PI
FP
TP
NP
SP
PE
FJ
TJ
NJ
SJ

NI
SI

NE
SE
P
E
I
J
S
F
Bold letters show a progression of interchangeability or adaptability, far left and far right showing a more clear priority preference (left being the defining preference), and * "leftover psychic ram" going to the right. What I'm not showing here is that N preference (in a dimensional evaluation system) would still be a much higher priority than what would qualify as ENTJ in this case.

Sometimes I admire how a person seems to fall into the right place in life, by sheer volume of trying things and knowing people. That person probably looks more like this? . . . . .
P
E
N
T
F
S
I
J
This would feel a Dixie Cup in the wind? But I'm old enough to appreciate and exercise some "Fe". I flip a mental switch when It's time to do Fe.

Of the 24 types, are you Pe dom? Are you Okay with the way your life is going for the most part?

*This ties in with something I just read, about how nobody can do or be everything. Why (and How) Creative People Need to Say “No”

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
So confuse :confused:

How is Pe dom different than the ESP? Extraverted perceiving function.

Sorry, l've seen bits and pieces of this but was mostly drawing meaning from it by context and my own means.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

http://www.capt.org/research/article/JPT_Vol72_01_0312.pdf
@OMG WTF BRO @Sporadic Aura

The above link talks about a variation of testing that answers a lot about gaps we see with people who don't fit a model. (See Page 9 and Page 18 for the shorter, general idea). Not to say that part of the trouble isn't that some people are not being honest with themselves, but scientifically, typing has problems. The angle presented, deals with how we all still have levels of how we priorities or are influenced by functions, essentially even if we have the same top 4 and fit the same I/E category.

So ESTP, and an ENTP who is highly extroverted, could have more in common with each other than two ENTP's where one of them is more strongly influenced by Ti than the other. This explains what you hear around PerC, about two kinds of INFJ's, One may identify most strongly with NI, but another identifies more with more feelers.

When someone has trouble knowing the difference of T or F, I have found this hard to even believe! Yet I know my own P/J is a matter of some things cause too much chaos or dysfunction to be left undefined or unordered, and some things are useful, interesting, and realistic to be open ended about. I follow the Ne dom pattern that life needs to keep offering something undiscovered or I get bored, But I do finish projects, or else I wouldn't get paid.

So the 24 types (op) are like a prioritization within your category -but I'm doing a little cherry picking here because I'm not getting into the details of testing.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
This is interesting, is their any other links that explain this more in depth?
Nope, feel free to ask.. it's just a Jungian typo that takes the function/orientation balance into account. Sometimes the orientation dominates the perception or judgment function, sometimes not, sometimes both functions. Consequently, 4 subtypes emerge and call for new temperaments..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts