Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay! i ask that question different types to see posible reactions, i will really appriciate if you would share too, i need some advice on that issue, and dont see it as a weaknes to ask as everyone of us has unanswered questions:

-do people every ignore you? what do you do if when you r saying sdomething and person doesnt want to listen, they simply walk off, or put earphones in, or show by their body language that youve gatta stop (hand gesture etc) but keep smiling?

- what ebout if you are correcting someones action, which you think is important and this person has a go at you saying "u are lately speaking more than you should you know", then i reply of course but this person throughts some disrespect at me , like interupts my reply, doesnt let me finish my sentence by saying something like "stop, we finished" with irritated voice, as in what r u making noise here, or even worse shut the doar or walk off, as if u r not important..... isnt it disrespectful to treat someone like that? what you would do, how you would respond in that case? just walk off/do what they tell (shut up), see they leaving the room or ignoring or dismising you but keep talking at them?

-what if you are correcting someone about their action which was clearly wrong, and not a small deal at all, say like that:
- Megan
- yes, she stops for a sec and looks at you
- this morning u were suposed to stay in the canteen, but you leaft and..
- no w thought bla bla bla...dont make a big deal out of it and walks of as she says that

do i need to shout to her back?
would you walk after her, chaising?
what about this coment about "big deal"? it is avery popular coment instead of corecting it or answering for it if people feel that they r wrong they start blaming u as if u r "making a big deal" "always about everything" "always have problems" and its nothing to do with you! its just them trying to make u look bad...but is so anoying!

how do you deal with this sort of situations? do u see what I mean?

·
Registered
472 Posts
do people ever ignore you? what do you do if when you r saying sdomething and person doesnt want to listen, they simply walk off, or put earphones in, or show by their body language that youve gatta stop (hand gesture etc) but keep smiling?
yeah, I figure something's annoying them (possibly me) so I'll ask if something's wrong. If they won't tell me then I'll just worry about it more.
If they send signals that they want me to stop talking, I'll stop talking, because obviously that means they don't want to talk and I wouldn't want to annoy them. So I'd let them do what it was they wanted and hope I hadn't accidentally offended them.

what about if you are correcting someone's action, which you think is important and this person has a go at you saying "you are lately speaking more than you should, you know", then I reply of course but this person throws some disrespect at me , like interupts my reply, doesn't let me finish my sentence by saying something like "stop, we're finished" with irritated voice, as in what are u doing making noise here, or even worse shut the door or walk off, as if you are not important..... isn't it disrespectful to treat someone like that? what you would do, how you would respond in that case? just walk off/do what they tell (shut up), see they leaving the room or ignoring or dismising you but keep talking at them?
If they tell me to shut up I'd do it but privately feel disgruntled that they'd been so rude. Still, I'd figure that they had a reason to act like that. you never know what's going on in someone's life, maybe they're having personal problems, so I should make their life a bit easier by doing my best to keep them happy. and if that means shutting up when they want me to, I'll do it.

its just them trying to make u look bad...but is so annoying.
I'd just accept what they were saying- I'd think "maybe I do always make a big deal out of things... I should try to stop doing that, or people will hate me."

·
Registered
472 Posts
by the way, I know it's not my place, but there were a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes so I couldn't really understand it well... I'm sorry if I answered wrongly if I misundertood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts