Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, so I stole this off the INFJ forum, but oh well...

So, imagine the world has been taken over by the INTP personality type- no other personality type exists.

What do you reckon the rules of this new society would be? Would it function correctly, and if not, how would this society crumble.

What would be your role in this new world?

Thoughts and opinions please.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If every INTP had no individual characteristics? Then I suppose it would be a lot like Plato's 'Republic', with every person having a function and all functions are vital to that society. I thinka nyone who wasn't vital to said society would be, erm, dealt with.
The society would be efficent, intelligent, successful and utterly soulless.
So I guess most corporations are run by INTPs.

Reactions: tierranranfar

·
Registered
618 Posts
My role? Oh I'll be looking for a way to achieve space travel and find habitable worlds. You really think INTPs can work harmoniously together? Unless I'm in charge...in which case, Utopia awaits us.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Let's see...

1. All food would be genetically mutated because of an odd INTP farmer's curiosity. It might not be edible, but at least it's interesting.

2. Vulcans would be hooking up with us, only to break up with us because they think our entire society is heartless.

3. That being said... do you *actually* think that we'd survive? Every INTP would die of old age without reproducing enough. Then again... No, within any rare INTP match, someone's gonna get killed.

4. NASA would come back. In fact, NASA would take priority over keeping the running water going.

5. Certain products would go out of business... such as designer clothes and strawberry-bubblegum-chocolate-lemon-avocado scented lotion. The designer clothes remaining would end up as mops used to clean up after NASA. Or the NASA scientists' NAuSeA. *-*

6. The four main food groups would be: a) Fat; b) Sugar; c) Caffeine, and d) Chocolate.

7. Those little gyro-whirl-y thingy toys would be much more popular than soy products ever were.

8. Autistic children would not be shoved into special classrooms and talked down to. We would test them on things, like how split-brain patients are asked to look at a poster that says he|art, and read it aloud, and point to the word they read. Then, we'd figure out a way to teach them correctly, working around their problems.

9. All Twilight copies would be buried or burned. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

10. Our social interactions would probably be limited to this forum. I would miss the ISTPs, though, because the couple I know are cool.

That was fun.

·
Registered
618 Posts
3. That being said... do you *actually* think that we'd survive? Every INTP would die of old age without reproducing enough. Then again... No, within any rare INTP match, someone's gonna get killed.
Haha, in doing so we would disregard all of Darwin's evolutionary theories. Is that to say that INTPs are at the bottom of the evolutionary barrell...?

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
It would be awesome beyond belief at first, but it would get old really fast. Personally, I like the other types. Can you imagine never hanging out with the NF dreamers ever again, or having the ST bean-counters around to manage massive sets of data, or ExFxs to remind us of how we could stand to get in touch with our own emotions? Yeah, it would get old real fast.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It would be terrible. Nothing would get done, everyone would think the human race out of existence. This is why NT's can never be the only personality on the planet. ST's can, but few new things would ever be invented.

Reactions: Just_Some_Guy

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I hope you realise that you have just saved our entire civilisation...
Not really. While being tasty as fuck, obviously they have no nutrients. I propose that we put the botany/gardening obsessed INTP's in charge of growing our veggies. I'm sure there's a lot of culinary-obsessed INTP's we could put in charge of the food.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Not really. While being tasty as fuck, obviously they have no nutrients. I propose that we put the botany/gardening obsessed INTP's in charge of growing our veggies. I'm sure there's a lot of culinary-obsessed INTP's we could put in charge of the food.
I'm nutrition obsessed. I could help all the scientists devise a formula that contains all vital nutrients with a high fat content, so that we could eat once a day and not be bothered by cooking while we're trying to work. :3

1 - 20 of 54 Posts