Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the world was full of INFP's, how well would we get along with each other?

I'm thinking of the most extreme up's and down's the universe would ever see, lol.

I would feel like I'm fighting with the odd, spontaneous, over emotional parts of myself.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it would be good. :wink: The world would be a bit kinder.

Lol.Nice. There would be so much love and sex all over, with little restraint :tongue:

But then again, wouldn't we need some practical help from SJ's and NT's?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
hahaha it would be great. But i do have to admit that those practical types have some good points.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well as the only INFP I know in person is my grandma, I think there'd be much more serenity and love in the world. It would probably be more egalitarian, since INFPs generally aren't domineering. I do think we'd piss each other off now and then, but there'd always be someone else you weren't annoyed with to go to for comfort and venting sessions. There'd be so much more beauty.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I'd Alpha male it, create an organization to instill purpose within those who wish to follow, ignore the passive INFPs and kill relocate the defiant ones.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.
How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."
-- Julius Caesar

In the end I'll be a hero to some and a tyrant to others, how exciting (p.s. sorry to ruin INFP-land, but if there's an opportunity to seize power, a number of people will try to take it).

·
Registered
915 Posts
Nobody would want to do the boring jobs. We'd probably pull straws for them.

Deadlines would be missed all the time because, "it was a sunny day..." Everyone would probably travel excessively. When anybody fell in love it would feel like thier "soul mate".

Airplanes would write in the sky more often. And there would be so many books written we'd start using them as tables and chairs.

There would probably be a lot of cottages and everyone would have giant gardens with draw bridges.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure there would be abundant peace. INFPs can accuse people of being 'mean' and can then treat them poorly without this bothering their conscience..and then since they seem so innocent and convincing they get their buddies to also gang up on the accused abuser..Yes, this happened to me by another INFP and over a decade later I am still somewhat affected by it. INFPs can sometimes be oblivious to the damage they cause because they can be so caught up in who damaged them.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
It would either be utopia or there'd be war all the time. Think about what happens when someone violates your ideals and morals. Now remember that so many of us have conflicting or at least very different morals. We may generally be a "peaceful" bunch, but I know when someone steps on something important to me, it takes very little for me to turn on them, despite feeling bad and guilty about it later. Now if we have entire populations gathering like that and feeling so strongly against another population's mores and values and ideals it could get Very Bad very quickly.

I hate to say it, but there is perhaps good reason for there to be fewer of the NFs and NTs than the other types, and that would be one of the reasons.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tend to see it as a complex world of extreme abuse, excessive guilt and most passionate advocation of values :crazy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I notice that when an INTJ (like my best friend) has conflicting personal values with me, we can actually be less emotional about it because we learn from our differences even when it can get troublesome. It's like a dual balance that can be healthy when achieved properly.

However, when two INFP's have clash in personal values and deal with it on similar emotional wavelength...... one word: FUCK

·
Registered
204 Posts
I notice that when an INTJ (like my best friend) has conflicting personal values with me, we can actually be less emotional about it because we learn from our differences even when it can get troublesome. It's like a dual balance that can be healthy when achieved properly.

However, when two INFP's have clash in personal values and deal with it on similar emotional wavelength...... one word: FUCK

Yes, and it can be very difficult for me at times because I have a different way of looking at things. For example, I think many people who partake in community service have a bit of a superiority complex going on...They value helping others, but I value humility and I don't think many of them are humble.

I look hispanic (I'm actually Iranian), have a well paying job and a nice home, but I can't tell you how many 'white' people have tried to 'help' me, assuming that I'm uneducated and poor. One of these individuals is an INFP (as she told me) and goes out of her way to help people, but she barely has her own life in order and seems to go out of her way to help those who are minorities, but I don't think she realizes this. Once I tried to turn it around to 'help' her and she took major offense, lol.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
none of us are perfect, especially us INFP's who harbor a dark side. i can foresee gang warfare, something akin to the vendetta of the HUTUS and TUTSIS in that movie Hotel Rwanda.

Reactions: Lad
1 - 20 of 35 Posts