Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's our weak point but help me imagine a world run by ISTJs.

If the world would was run by ISTJs then national deficits would be relatively small or nonexistent.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Pro: A dramatic fall in the crime rate.
Traffic violations in particular would disappear off the face of the earth.

Con: It's very possible that heavier sentences may be doled out even to petty criminals.
Definitely less probations, more jail time.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
The public dole would be severely limited. A real need for public welfare would be met immediately, but it would be expected to be a short term or interim step to a better long term solution.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Families in poverty would stay small, so that population wouldn't balloon as it does now. We don't go and spread our seed as the less responsible types and other radically different types are more likely to. The average family would side on caution moving forward with another child. "Attitude is everything" would suddenly be a productive message to the poor, and become embraced by those in the lower class.

Well everyone would find each other much more agreeable being ISTJ's and politics would never get too aggressive.

Corruption in government would be down, as guilt would be a much more potent force for each person.

Thats quite a hypothetical though.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Fantasy novel writing becomes a Lost Art.

Dams, bridges and highways get built overnight.

Metal bands no longer have alcohol/substance abuse problems, ever again. Judas Priest's next hit song is called "Abiding the Law". It makes it onto Billboard No. 1 - and stays there.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Fantasy novel writing becomes a Lost Art.

Dams, bridges and highways get built overnight.

Metal bands no longer have alcohol/substance abuse problems, ever again. Judas Priest's next hit song is called "Abiding the Law". It makes it onto Billboard No. 1 - and stays there.
Ok, two thumbs up!! :laughing:

Reactions: Rhee

·
Banned
557 Posts
In a world run by ISTJs:

There'd be no more heavy metal or rock bands due to them being "satanic" and "unchristian". Disturbed would become Sane, Judas Priest would become Jesus Prophet, Iron Maiden would become Steel Chrisitian, etc. Also, there would be no such thing as good music anymore due to all bands being christian rock bands who all sound.... the EXACT SAME! Same voices, same shitty beat, same message... In fact, about the only artist nowadays who'd remain the same would be that pansy ass justin bieber...

There would also be absolutely no disorder or chaos. Everybody would follow a strict schedule that remained pretty much the same throughout the year and there would be severe consequences for breaking the rules like confining the ne'erdoweller in a church to read the Bible for 3 hours straight. Anyone who was doing something like pulling pranks would be "full of the devil" and burned at the stake instantly.

There would be no Halloween anymore. Halloween would be a "tainted, evil day" in which demons supposedly ran rampant as well as possessed people to commit evil deeds. Instead there would be "Purity Day", in which all citizens would go to church, fast, read the Bible, and spend time with their families in order to remember what all God has done for them.

You could bet that another Inquisition would happen. Any and all muslims, jews, hindus, buddhists, etc. would be told to convert instantly to Christianity. If these people refused to do so, they'd suffer a horrible punishment or death.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
@PulpFictionFan--

Are you exposing us to your alternate reality? Or is this supposed to be some type of joke?

I'm really hoping that you are not that clueless when it comes to understanding ISTJs...:frustrating:

·
Registered
175 Posts
For Pulpfictions suggestion to be true, he would have to be ignoring the obvious fact that religion and personality type have no connection. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's joking. At least I hope :mellow:.

Reactions: Achi, Sela and niss

·
Registered
347 Posts
If ISTJ's ran the world...

-Things would actually get done
-You would advance in your career because of your abilities, not because of who you know
-Change would be well thought-out but slow in coming. Considering all the "change" going on in Washington, I don't consider that a bad thing :dry:
-And apparently, there would not be a whole lot of dancing. Or karaoke singing for that matter.

But here in the real world, I'm totally writing Niss in for President in 2012!

·
Banned
557 Posts
@PulpFictionFan--

Are you exposing us to your alternate reality? Or is this supposed to be some type of joke?

I'm really hoping that you are not that clueless when it comes to understanding ISTJs...:frustrating:
@Diligence and niss: I've been around numerous SJs and only a select handful of them have not been either: A) Religious or B) Uptight. It's like every single SJ I know acts like they have a stick shoved up their ass as far as it'll go. Now I have seen examples of "bad" SJs but only in movies or cinema like with Darth Vader, Dexter Morgan, or Sam Rothstein.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Any and all muslims, jews, hindus, buddhists, etc. would be told to convert instantly to Christianity. If these people refused to do so, they'd suffer a horrible punishment or death.
Dude, I think the Muslim/Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist ISTJs would firmly but politely object to that. With the utmost propriety, of course.

There'd be no more heavy metal or rock bands due to them being "satanic" and "unchristian". Disturbed would become Sane, Judas Priest would become Jesus Prophet, Iron Maiden would become Steel Chrisitian, etc.
This bit I thought was genius. Jesus Prophet!!!
And if members of that same imaginary Inquisition try to give the slightest sh*t to Rob Halford for being gay, I'd totally beat the crap out of them. Then he'd be indebted to me for life, and I'd always get tickets to the front row seat.

.... I think I like that line of thought.

The Christianity bit's a bit freakish though. Niss and Diligence are right, religion has no bearing on personality types.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
PulpFiction--dude, I have no religious affiliation whatsoever, and I'm a moderate. Uptight religious-nuts drive me crazy....I like Halloween, only celebrate Christmas and Easter because it allows for fun family memories, I have never read the bible (ok, I got to Exodus, but then got bored), and I enjoy Rock music....

but if the world was run by ISTJs, everybody's socks would match! :crazy:

OWL

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Families in poverty would stay small, so that population wouldn't balloon as it does now. We don't go and spread our seed as the less responsible types and other radically different types are more likely to. The average family would side on caution moving forward with another child. "Attitude is everything" would suddenly be a productive message to the poor, and become embraced by those in the lower class.

Well everyone would find each other much more agreeable being ISTJ's and politics would never get too aggressive.

Corruption in government would be down, as guilt would be a much more potent force for each person.

Thats quite a hypothetical though.
Oh, I thought the question was "what if everyone was an ISTJ" not "instead of run by ISTJ's". Scratch that first paragraph as the outlook of the poor wouldn't change but the conscience of leadership may change and create a better opportunity for those at the bottom to be reformed or there maybe no action for fear of changing the system and the poor will stay poor.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmm... run by? Are we meaning ISTJs in position of power only or the whole population?
Reading some posts one can believe some read the question "if there would be no other type than ISTJs in the world".

I seriously believe ISTJs will do a good, or even excellent, job at most stuff but the people below an ISTJ MIGHT do less than optimal than if supervised by another type. The combination with ISTJs on top and another below could be far less than optimal in several situations. Would ISTJs enforce their lifestyle on others like dictators? I think not.

Just an example, ISTJs as dance teachers! Would that make the world a better place?

Any comment on this?

EDIT: Just saw that Wake above just did that mistake.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
There would be a lot of pointless "codes" and bureaucracy would be abound. Rank would become especially important, and to be regarded with the utmost respect.
Not.

There would be plenty of structure, but it would have a reason that was easily explained.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts