Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ subs: entj, istj, infj
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, be creative and feel free to have a go!
All types welcomed.

If 'What if' relates to Ne and 'What is' relates to Se, what's the rest of the story?

Ne: 'What if'
Se: 'What is'
Fi: ?
Fe: ?
Ni:?
Si:?
Te: ?
Ti: ?
----

F: ?
N: ?
T: ?
S: ?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
All types welcomed.

If 'What if' relates to Ne and 'What is' relates to Se, what's the rest of the story?

Fi: I am ...
Fe: They are ...
Ni: It will ... (with uncanny certainty)
Si: It does ... (usually)
Te: They know ...
Ti: I know ...
----

S: ?
My answers to the extent of my understanding. I will edit if something strikes me.

·
Banned
233 Posts
"Ne" does not equal what if. It equals an extraverted type that prefers intuition over sensation.
Imagining "what if" is Thinking. Intuition, whether I or E, is knowing something without knowing how you know.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
"Ne" does not equal what if. It equals an extraverted type that prefers intuition over sensation.
Imagining "what if" is Thinking. Intuition, whether I or E, is knowing something without knowing how you know.
I agree that "what if" is more like already attempt of judging/filtering out some suitable possibilities although it's not bad definition either. I'd say Ne is more like nonlinear list of "which alternate ways the object/idea could be described" while expanding them :)

It doesn't always necessarily come without knowing how you know that (I'd say Ni works more like that) - the more I've conciously discovered how Ne works in my mind, the more I realize it works often on top of factual data / some experiences you have had and then generates permutations of "what could it be-s" to compensate weaker ability to notice details of the actual "object" for strong Ne users :)

·
Banned
233 Posts
I agree that "what if" is more like already attempt of judging/filtering out some suitable possibilities although it's not bad definition either. I'd say Ne is more like nonlinear list of "which alternate ways the object/idea could be described" while expanding them :)

It doesn't always necessarily come without knowing how you know that (I'd say Ni works more like that) - the more I've conciously discovered how Ne works in my mind, the more I realize it works often on top of factual data / some experiences you have had and then generates permutations of "what could it be-s" to compensate weaker ability to notice details of the actual "object" for strong Ne users :)
I disagree that knowing without knowing how you know is more "Ni" than "Ne" because to me, it is just N. Intuition is knowing something without knowing how you know, that is the common understanding of the term and the one intended by Jung, you are welcome to look it up, the I/E attitude does not alter what intuition is. You are of course free to understand things however you want to, my opinion is just that N is the same intuition as is generally understood, adding I/E to it does not change what N is, it only tells you where it is predominantly oriented.

The difference I/E makes to me as far as N is concerned is that:
E - intuitions based on and about things outside of yourself, for instance the weather or business opportunities.
I - intuitions based on and about things within yourself, for instance sudden understandings of things, concepts or anything else.

Just to demonstrate this more specifically I think that for example N+E = the sudden insight/intuition that you should invest in X stocks, or that you should bet on X team. I+N = the sudden insight/intuition of an inner understanding, for example how two similar concepts are distinguishable from one another.

9,999 Posts
Ne: What if I had durian :heart:
Se: I don't have any durian :crying:
Fi: D :heart: U :heart: R :heart: I :heart: A :heart: N
Fe: No one else has any durian either :sad:
Ni: We shall have durian! :ninja:
Si: We have had durian :smug:
Te: A > B > C is how we score durian :kitteh:
Ti: Shipping 420 lbs of durian in 2 gallon containers requires 31 containers :mellow:

Reactions: L P

·
Registered
371 Posts
All types welcomed.

Fi: Value, Gist, heart, meaning
Fe: Harmony
Ni:Gut instinct
Si:Memory, Duty
Te: Rationality, organization
Ti: Logic, reasoning, usefulness
----