Personality Cafe banner

If you are in a relationship with a perceiver...

2923 Views 23 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Marie Claire
I was wondering about relationships between perceivers and judgers. If you are a judger in a relationship with a perceiver, is the level of cleanliness and orderliness in your home a problem in your relationship? Do you have to compromise? How does that work? Can you live with a certain level of disorganization in the home? Do you ever become resentful?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
I was wondering about relationships between perceivers and judgers.

If you are a judger in a relationship with a perceiver, is the level of cleanliness and orderliness in your home a problem in your relationship? No,it is not easy to keep it clean and try to draw a line between his and hers but that isn`t a "problem". Sometimes,I get frustrated because I`m torn between wanting everything neat,clean and in order yet still let people enjoy life. Why can`t they enjoy things without throwing paper on the floor? Can`t they still "enjoy life" if their shoes are put away instead of in front of the couch right in the way? I don`t want to be a 24/7 kill joy. Yet,there has got to be a happy medium found somewhere.

Do you have to compromise? Yes

How does that work? It has to...I`ll make it work. nuff said.

Can you live with a certain level of disorganization in the home? I have no choice. I can`t make my husband be organized. His projects are all piles of stuff and he spends a lot of time hunting for things. My projects are in containers with the things put back so I can find everything again.

Do you ever become resentful? I only feel resentful if people get into my stuff because they can`t keep up with theirs. Then I can get really angry if they don`t ask first and dig around messing up my things and thankfully that happens very rarely probably because they don`t want to get yelled at. ;]
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.