Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an INFJ, and my mind continually goes off on a tangent.

I find myself thinking of all sorts of things like, "What would my life be like if I was teleported into the Middle Ages?"

"What's the probability of alien life existing?"

"If I ruled the world, what would I change?"

What do you think about?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I like to think about how life would be different now if I had made a different decision than I did in the past.

I like to think stuff like "What would happen if there was no such thing as (insert noun)?"

I watch the people around me and try to figure out what their type is or I just analyze them in other ways.

I think a lot about the things I've done and why I did those things.

I think a lot about my future self...how I will change. What opinions will I hold that I couldn't possibly hold now? And I think, "In the future, how will I look back upon this moment?"

A lot of the time, I'll make up little stories that involve time travel or some paradox. That's just a result of watching/reading too much sci-fi.

Also, sex.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I find that I will be driving my car and then will start considering "If I drove off the road now.. How much damage with i do to myself?"

I wonder how much trouble I would get into if I randomly punched that person in the face?

Wonder how hard it would be learn english.. And I wonder what would happen, if my parents spoke to me in Chinese one week, German another and English the last, during my development.. Would I understand all the languages? Would I only speak 1? Because my mind might learn to associate conflicting terms and only just learn to associate one it defines as "dominate". Or would I speak a jumbled up language.. Would I use a different language to describe different object?

And then there is the weird connects.. Like yesterday, I seen the username of a youtube member and instantly I was taken back to a dirty picture that was passed around school, that was referred to under the same name!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't know? I think about scenarios often with people. I think about situations and our reactions and especially my reactions. The enneagram talks about fours seeing their inner lives like a kaleidoscope of emotions and that's pretty accurate. when I think I don't really think I just have these sorts of emotional reactions that are attached to happenings or thoughts or whatever and I can focus on the past present or future of these but often focusing on the past or present in access can lead to imagining possibilities and then reacting to those possibilities as if they were already manifested. I can imagine a lot of scenarios and possibilities to things I can react to and I think in this I am able to generate possible feelings that help me make music. However, this can get dangerous as I can begin to imagine an entire world and get lost in my own feelings about this world and maybe even confuse it with what is real. So often times I think about ways I can ground myself a little more in reality to make sure I don't get pulled away too far.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I spend a lot of time trying to figure out if I'm adopted.
I also think about people. I watch people. I study them...
I think about cats, mushrooms, bacteria in the sponges...
I think about fish and bugs...
I sometimes wonder if my opinion of myself would be any different had I not been born with hypermobility in my toes...

Stuff like that.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Fantasy/sci-fi worlds.
Other countries (trying to imagine living there).
What people might be doing.
What would happen if a monster/enemy creature suddenly popped through my window.
What the world will be like in ten, twenty years.
Also, planning stuff in advance - so thinking about exactly what to do tomorrow, or the next day, or next week...

There's plenty more, but I've been trying to leave my mind on standby more recently, as I've got a lot of work to do, so I've forgotten it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think about so many things. What will be the future of human race..etc. Thanks to Si who keeps me mentally in this world.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Depends. Most of the time I'm studying people as creepy as it sounds. Otherwise, if I'm just sitting alone, I'm probably working on different internal systems/ theories I've developed - just for fun tho.

One thing I've been working on is a story actually... I have a bunch of characters but multiple scenarios, and I'm trying to find a way to incorporate a lot of the scenarios into one "world" of sorts haha... I love the characters so much, so I dont want to separate them from the different scenarios because I think it'd be an interesting experiment to put the characters into different settings with different rules etc. Would create very different outcomes given different roles for each person...

Im weird

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think about a lot of things, my mind and attention constantly pass from a daydream to another.

I think about a place with light pink sky and magenta and light blue grass and where the water tastes like mint.
Or I think about other places in the world.
Or about ruling the world.

And about a lot of other stuff, too much to be all listed here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This question is generating interesting responses. I find I think of things similarly to retrochick, probably because of shared Ni dominance. Anyway, when I let my mind wander I jump to random ideas, and when I stop and try to figure out how I came to that idea, I often times can't remember. When I do remember, it is from two different things that I related to each other in an illogical way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think about everything. A raw idea would just pop into my head all of a sudden. It would normally be some concept about society or religion or the universe :D
My ideas sound off-the-wall to most people. I feel drawn to other N types, who I can discuss my theories with :p I have an INTP friend, and she's good for that.
The problem with being iNtuitive is you don't often see what's right in front of you. This is why I shouldn't be allowed to drive :p

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hmm...

MBTI occupies a lot of my thoughts. I think about it as a system, I think about its parts, I think about how it fits together and how it can be applied practically. I think about the different theories on the matter and how they connect as well as the debates/discussions on various aspects and where I stand on those issues. I don't just think about what I know or have read about MBTI; I'm building my own understanding of the system in my head.

I think about tasks I want to accomplish and how to go about doing them, in what order, etc.

I think about philosophy and my perspective on various issues.

I think about books, comics, music, shows, and movies I've read/listened to/watched.

My thoughts can jump from thing to thing but I always maintain the threads to my original thoughts, and can find connections between them even if they may be unrelated.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Nothing much...unless I go on these crazy tangents in which I feel I suddenly got blessed with x-ray specs that can see to the very bottom of every social and spiritual issue! Then I get all manic and prophet-like as this kind of stuff totally gets me all powered up!

Sometimes I also think about the people I know, their issues/ problems and how to help them :) I also like to make simple, everyday plans, that makes me happy :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Why is this thread only for intuitives? Sensor think too? This is just blatant anti-sensor bias that permeates this site. According to this thread, only sensors can think about interesting things. Why not just rename this thread "what do you think about". Sensors think too guys.

Reactions: Denbox and aj1023

·
Registered
206 Posts
My future: what my career will be, my marriage/domestic life, my accomplishments, etc.

The meaning of life.

Why certain events occur.

Why some people behave the way they do.

Why I have become the person I've become.

Fascination with the interconnectedness of the people and things of the universe.

Occasional "what if" trains of thought of an Ne nature.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Just about everything except the present moment. Interestingly, most of these are things other people have already said. Great minds think alike I guess. I think about the future: my own personal plans and goals, what sort of person I'll be in 5, 10, 20 years' time, how the world might change, how I want it to change. I think about how things might have turned out differently if I'd made different decisions, or I think about the circumstances in which I was born and brought up, and wonder what sort of person I would be if they had been different. I come up with ideas for creative writing, musical compositions, even business ideas I know I'll never use. I'm always thinking about how things could be improved: everything from the way a song has been produced, to major societal change. I analyse everything that captures my attention: theories, philosophical questions, myself, other people. If I could get paid just to think, I'd be very rich.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
"I wonder how the universe was created."

"I'm really glad my dog can't talk I do way too much weird stuff in front of him."

"Why do futuristic tv shows always have people look, talk, and dress the same even if its millions of years in the future? They're not going to be the same."

"If I had a million dollars how could I hide it so my family won't ask for money?"

"I wonder how they'd pull time travel off."

So on and so forth...

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I also think about people. I watch people. I study them...
Whem I'm not daydreaming (and this is something that actually never happens) but when my mind comes to this world is the thing I always do. I observe people, how they "see" things, how they think.

Fantasy/sci-fi worlds.
And this is where I actually my mind lives.(and they're all real to me) And makes me wonder why someone bring me here to this one. I know I see things that other can't see so I wonder what's this world has to show me and for what for.

Since I was a child my mind imagine all the scenes of my life in europe, without thinking in it, because you know, I was a child, no more. Now, with 23 years, I'm doing plans to live there in a soon future, because I still doing my plans about my life and I don't know in the background, is europe.

I'm always having theories in my mind about anything, I always walking "observing" on the street looking for the most tiny sign.

"What if" is a big question in my head, all the time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts