1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
INTJ. More to it than meets the eye. All matter is energy. Ect

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nature can be stormy and destroy it's own children it nurtures all the same. A double sided coin. The stoicism, the order, the structure, by the same token, the nurturing yet chaotic nature that sometimes breaks free.

It is all carefully woven to keep this order lest the universe spirals into this chaos. So it let's off in small increments, otherwise remaining it's stoic in control nature.

She is a sweet but strong oneness, indeed.

·
Registered
790 Posts
how can you type a universe while we don't even know everything about our home planet?

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Type is relative. The universe encompasses everything and thus cannot be properly related to anything else. Therefore it cannot be typed.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
For fun, I'd say ENTP, at least as the personification of what most conceive of as "the creator". Same sort of sense of humor, sort of whacky, intellectual, and absurd.

It's hard to divine the essence of the Universe, though. Our tiny minds cannot seem to even be capable of divining the essence of humanity.

·
Registered
966 Posts
INTP

If you view the universe as a single being insted of a shit ton of things it makes it easer to think about. It's definitely introverted because it's pretty isolated for the most part...no sound in space, very dark, a lot of nothingess...not much going on there. I think it would be N because there's so many creative things in it and it's so vast...only an N would be able to sustain all of this for that long. It's a T because it doesn't care about your feelings, it just "is". I think it's a P because it's so chaotic...everything gets destroyed and created, it's always changing, always expanding, can't make up its mind, etc...

Of course...we're applying a human personality type to a HUGE inaminate, indescribable thing that we know next to nothing about...this isn't exactly a scientific analysis.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Everyone is just applying the universe to be their vision of a creator and typing that. Im assuming you asked for "universe" and not creator since a creator would imply some sort of bias. So pick the most impartial type. And no, not impartial to humans (you'd have a case here) but impartial to everything. It doesn't exist. This question gets a 0/10, trulytruly sad

·
Banned
1,428 Posts

Crowby said:
Out of curiosity
Elizabeth Brown: How to Tame Your Inner Attention Whore

I live in Los Angeles, the attention-whore capital of the world. We are a city of underemployed artists, composing Oscars acceptances speeches in our bathtubs while crying into glasses of wine because we can't book the part as the woman in the background of a lunch meat commercial. …

I was so desperate for an audience to see, hear, and validate me, I ended up spending 60 percent of my salary going to two different psychotherapists three times a week just to have someone focus all of their attention exclusively on me.

Part of me knows that I'm smart, hilarious, likeable and not an ogre. The other part of me is sobbing for attention on the inside because I haven't been able to land a part in a single one of the 150-ish commercials I've auditioned for over the last four years. …

Since the two psychotherapists I was currently paying weren't enough, I talked to Gail Saltz, a psychoanalyst and clinical associate professor of psychiatry at the New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill-Cornell School of Medicine, about what I can do to curb my inner attention whore. …

Saltz gave me some practical tips on how I can tame my inner attention whore in ways that will, hopefully, make me more likeable and popular.

Saltz says the real question isn't "Why am I such a loser that I can't be in the background of a lunch meat commercial?" but rather "Why would I ever define myself in relation to a lunch meat commercial?

"With attention-seeking behaviors," she says, "the reasons could stem from anything from real insecurity to 'I need this moment-to-moment to reassure myself that I'm okay or I'm likeable or people want to be with me. I'm entertaining. I have value. I need the applause to tell me I have value.'"

Saltz says that treatments like psychotherapy can help us unearth the roots of our insecurities, gain a deeper understanding of where excessive needs for attention stems from, and develop alternate coping mechanisms for those moments when we feel the urge to dance on a table in a tube dress at our grandma's 100th birthday party.

"In the moment is the hardest time to employ anything because you're driven by the wave of the feeling state," she says. "If you've rehearsed already you'll be prepared. Understanding the origins of your drive goes a long way."

I talked to Saltz about how difficult it is to hear other people talk at parties when I have something substantially more interesting, entertaining, and insightful to say. What I can do, I asked her, outside of sticking my fist in my mouth, to combat the urge to one-up them? She says getting attention and applause has come to feel so good to me, I've come to use it as a coping mechanism for my low self-esteem. Sweet.

"It's a matter of practicing letting the impulse pass," she says. "You think 'Ahhh…that feels so good. I just want to feel that good again. I don't want to feel bad.' It's having insight into that compulsion to do it and the obsession that's driving it. It's recognizing it as a cycle and being willing to, at times, be capable of forgoing the compulsion." Saltz suggests I remind myself that I won't be 'cured' by getting applause or attention. And if I am, it's only a five-minute cure before I'll be right back in the same spot. "If you can allow the feeling to pass, then it doesn't reoccur over time. It doesn't keep recurring with the same intensity," she says. (S)

·
Registered
614 Posts
INTP

If you view the universe as a single being insted of a shit ton of things it makes it easer to think about. It's definitely introverted because it's pretty isolated for the most part...no sound in space, very dark, a lot of nothingess...not much going on there. I think it would be N because there's so many creative things in it and it's so vast...only an N would be able to sustain all of this for that long. It's a T because it doesn't care about your feelings, it just "is". I think it's a P because it's so chaotic...everything gets destroyed and created, it's always changing, always expanding, can't make up its mind, etc...

Of course...we're applying a human personality type to a HUGE inaminate, indescribable thing that we know next to nothing about...this isn't exactly a scientific analysis.
I think we can also try INFJ
I agree with introversion and intuitiveness
Introverted because like @mninp said "isolated for the most part...no sound in space, very dark, a lot of nothingess"
Intuitive also because there are many creative things in it.

But I think the universe is more Feeling because humanity exists and by the weak anthropic principle, there is a degree of subjectivity built into the universe which is humanity.
And I also think that it is more judging because there is an orderly method of natural law. But maybe not that much because there is also a lot of chaos.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
The universe is an ENTP because...
It operates first and foremost on the fundamental principal of entropy. It started as an explosion and it never stopped being an explosion (Ne).

Along its journey it developed a strict set of internal rules and structures (Ti).

I would argue it's got Se and Fi as its last functions because frankly it doesn't give a rats ass about your or anyone else's feelings, it's got its own agenda (Fi) and the past is an illusory mental framework that only humans possess -- the universe operates strictly in real-time (Se). Ne / Ti seem the more predominant functions though, so I pick ENTP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts