• Water

Votes: 134 32.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 275 Posts

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
Magnets.

(What does it mean to "bend an element"?)

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,240 Posts
air first then water, earth & metal, then fire basically like Aang. i loved avatar the last airbender and the episodes of legend of korra have been so good so far.

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
(What does it mean to "bend an element"?)
It means the power to manipulate an element. It's an Avatar: The Last Airbender thing. ^_^

Anyway, I'd probably go with water. It has healing, which is both cool and rather handy. And I just think waterbending is beautiful.

And yes, I am enjoying The Legend of Korra.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I'd want to bend fire, cause it's alive, and you can create electricity. <3

THE LEGEND OF KORRA IS AWESOME.... just sayin

·
Registered
57 Posts
What I remember is how the Air nomads integrated air bending into everyday life..I like the sound of that. Running fast, some sort of 'telekinesis', gliding around(!!); even the subtle air push to get yourself off of the ground easily, collectively trumps all of the other elements.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I want to give the element of earth a hug. It needs more love. Earth is badass. It can basically block all the other elements with ease, and in my opinion has the same amount of powerful force as fire, without being as destructive and dangerous. And metalbending and sandbending; way cool.

I give to you the highest of fives, element of earth.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know much about this show, but I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to be able to control earth and the various metals found in earth. Like for instance, you could lower the terrain beneath people's feet to trap them in pits, raise mountains and fling them away. You could let enemies sink into concrete, soil, sand, or whatever the element is. You could forms metals into spears and make them rise from the earth. Using earth manipulation you could use other elements too. How about I create a volcano, or a giant geyser? Or even an earthquake that sends out tsunamis! Not that causing natural disasters would do much against a single foe. But still there's so much you could do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ah Air for sure! Second is water, I just love the ability to move air and ability to fly/be swift on your feet. Wooo! Sucks we can't bend in this reality.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
It's damn near a tie between all of them lol. The only thing that keeps me from going "Air for flight, AIR FOR FLIGHT!" is because you can use all of them to fly. Make a nice little pair of boots made out of earth to wrap around your own feet and then up you go! Not sure how, but that one guy in avatar was standing on fire itself, I would probably go a different route myself but pretty neat. Then there is water, you can go the same route as earth by making it freeze.

What really put me through to water in the end though is that you can also use it to heal injuries. You can create it out of thin air or even use it to control plants and nature itself (nature bending ftw?). Then there is still the attack options of ice and using water to steam out fire and use the steam itself to do whatever you want. You can create and control fog or mist even. Water is just too versatile a choice for me really.

EDIT: you can even control the temperature of water. You can use it to decrease anythings kinetic energy even, great for seeking and capturing. Then with using it like captain hitsugya's (spelling?) bankai and using it to create ice wings and a nice little dragon outfit, both for quick movements and for both defense and offense. Then, to keep it from freezing your skin you can keep freezing the outside layer of ice and at the same time using water on your skin to keep from freezing your skin and keeping the inside of the ice dragon uniform warm to ultimately keep yourself nice and cozy. Or just get some badass and warm shoulder pads to sprout ice from. Then with the water inside of the ice wings you can keep some quick, somewhat unexpected projectile weapons with you right there.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I'd go with air or water. I feel a natural affinity with these two elements. Though fire would come third since I like to blow things up from time to time lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
Metal. It would give me a side income as a pipefitter and welder.

How the fuck do you bend earth? Do you mean "the Earth", which is a massive round object, or do you mean earth, as in soil, which is malleable, viscous, or crumbly? Cause the former is prettymuch impossible without ripping the fucker in half, and latter everyone with working hands can do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Metal. It would give me a side income as a pipefitter and welder.

How the fuck do you bend earth? Do you mean "the Earth", which is a massive round object, or do you mean earth, as in soil, which is malleable, viscous, or crumbly? Cause the former is prettymuch impossible without ripping the fucker in half, and latter everyone with working hands can do.
I think this question comes from the show Aang the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. There is water, air, earth, fire bending in the show. Earth bending is bending any type of soil, even the rock hard dirt (which is used often in the show).

21 - 40 of 275 Posts