Personality Cafe banner

If you could change a letter in "INFJ"

[INFJ] 
1K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  Chronicles Of Hope 
#1 ·
I saw this post on the INFP forum and didn't see it here and thought it would be interesting to ask!
(Also this is my first time posting! I hope I'm not breaking any rules by borrowing an idea from another forum!)

It would be interesting to be an INFP. I feel like I need to live in the moment more rather than worrying about the past/future haha.

If you could change a letter, what would it be?

#3 ·
Lately I have been feeling a bit mad at my F, because I experience my emotions so intensely. So to be a INTJ might be fun, besides they seem pretty smart so that would be nice :p

#11 ·
I'd much rather be an extrovert. These awkward pauses when first meeting people are not enjoyable. I wish I knew how to fill the space instead of clamming up, and not have as much fear of public speaking. It's strange because as a kid I was actually pretty extroverted, was even disciplined for talking too much in class haha, so sometimes I wonder if I am naturally extroverted, but as I've grown up I have such a hard time opening up to people and am extremely inhibited. It keeps me from having a full experience of life. As Morrissey sings in Ask, "Shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to".

#15 ·
I wanna be an extrovert too! Must be amazing. I try to pretend sometimes, but I know my truth.

I'd like to be an ENTP.

Oh oops, I just realized I posted on the INFJ forum. Haha.

Reactions: mistakenforstranger
#16 · (Edited)
I think I'd change to ENFJ if I had to change one letter, but I wouldn't want to give up being an INFJ; I enjoy having a strong use of Ti and F_ functions - with the combination of dom Ni. I'd change to ENFJ though because I think they are the most likeable type in society, they know how to get along great with almost anyone, and they are the extroverts with a great use of both Ni and Se (so they know how to be present and be intuitive at the same time, WOW!)

#18 ·
I'd change to ENFJ. My sister is an ENFJ - she has tons of friends and just about everyone who knows her loves her. The other ENFJ I know is like that too, it seems like people are just drawn to them. I like myself just fine, but it would be nice to be more sparkly, interesting, or whatever it is that they have.

#19 ·
I would be an ISFJ. I've only had positive experiences with them, they are so kind, modest and focused on helping people. They are also fellow idealists, but generally more straightforward than INFJs. I always think of them as the salt of the earth.

Next I would be ENFJ, because they are able to deal with a greater number of social interactions without burning out. But I don't like dominant Fe, because I already do a lot of things I'd rather not do, and I think having Fe higher in my stack will just make me do even more.

Thirdly I would be INTJ, because I need to get things done and they certainly do. I don't want Te turned 'on' on a constant basis though, because I don't like the idea of going round bludgeoning people with my 'logic' for the sake of 'truth'. My ideal would be to have access to Te whenever I want, like when i need to explain something technical in a concise and clear way. I admire this ability greatly, but not enough to justify the coldness that it expresses in personal contexts.

Lastly, I would be INFP. I love the idealism and gentleness of INFPs, but I'm afraid I would never get anything done if I spent anymore time pondering than I already do. I think of INFPs as beautiful dreamers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.