Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this thread on the INFJ forum and I thought it was interesting.

Me: I would never want to be an ISTJ or an INFJ. So I would probably go with ENTJ cause we share the same functions,but they are even more practical and career diven.Also they are extroverts,which helps with having a decent social life and actually enjoying it.
I really like INTPs too but I'd prefer to be ENTJ.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Me: I would never want to be an ISTJ or an INFJ. So I would probably go with ENTJ cause we share the same functions,but they are even more practical and career diven.Also they are extroverts,which helps with having a decent social life and actually enjoying it.
I would change to ENTJ as well. I am too introverted for my own good and have trouble getting my ideas out. That could just be my crippling shyness though. I need to work on that.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
601 Posts

Me: I would never want to be an ISTJ or an INFJ. So I would probably go with ENTJ cause we share the same functions,but they are even more practical and career driven.Also they are extroverts,which helps with having a decent social life and actually enjoying it.
I do concur with the ISTJ assessment.. they tend to be too simple for my liking. Ironically, I would choose INFJ over INTP over ENTJ. Some of the INFJ's I met recently seem to be genuinely nice people on first impressions, and I am rather motivated to see what makes them "tick". I do admire the INTP's quirkiness and their "stability" (in facts and science), but I feel they at points of time, they are too rigid, too rooted in their ways to consider radical alternatives in the fields of science (Most likely a Si-Se conflict in the above scenario). I strongly dislike the idea of being extraverted, although one of my best friends is an ENTJ and I can see a lot of myself in him.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would change to ENTJ as well. I am too introverted for my own good and have trouble getting my ideas out. That could just be my crippling shyness though. I need to work on that.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
I am not actually very shy personally.I can say/do anything when I have to or really want to..I just really really dislike smalltalk and every other shit that people use to connect,to the point that I don't even try to do that stuff anymore.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ENTJ all the way. They are my favorite type. While I admire INTPs from afar, I wouldn´t want to be one. Sorry INTPs, I like my driven ambition. ISTJs are probably a nah. The ISTJ vegan girl in my class ruined ISTJs for me. As for INFJ... I realized at some point that they are very different than I take them for. I don´t know any though and don´t have sufficient data to say for sure.

For me, it´s ENTJ - ISTJ - INFJ - INTP

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do concur with the ISTJ assessment.. they tend to be too simple for my liking. Ironically, I would choose INFJ over INTP over ENTJ. Some of the INFJ's I met recently seem to be genuinely nice people on first impressions, and I am rather motivated to see what makes them "tick". I do admire the INTP's quirkiness and their "stability" (in facts and science), but I feel they at points of time, they are too rigid, too rooted in their ways to consider radical alternatives in the fields of science (Most likely a Si-Se conflict in the above scenario). I strongly dislike the idea of being extraverted, although one of my best friends is an ENTJ and I can see a lot of myself in him.
Yeah ISTJ is a no.
I would maybe like to have an INFJ friend,but I wouldn't like to be one..I hate the idea of being a feeler tbh.Not sure I've ever seen an INFJ in real life though.If I judge based on a fairly reserved ENFJ that I know,I don't care about the type at all.
About INTPs,I have a similar opinion to yours.My brother is INTP and even though I really like him and we have a lot of fun together when we meet,his lack of practicality and his emotional immaturity holds him back. I completely admire his deep logic though.
I really don't feel like I would like to be an extrovert (About ENTJ),but it is definitely helpful in terms of being able to put yourself out there.Which is something that I suck at.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I would have to go ISTJ. I've known several ISTJs and ISFJs among my friends and colleagues, and have been consistently impressed by their precision and attention to detail, as well as their prodigious memory. Si-dom is a powerful and underrated talent. Contrary to the image of Si-doms as dull and rote people, some of the ISTJs I know have rich intellectual interests to rival those of any INTJ; they just conceive of them in a fundamentally different fashion. All in all, ISTJs cover the bases of skills I want and don't have, though I am sure the grass is greener on the other side. One of my coworkers is an ISTJ woman who idolizes me.

ENTJs are also a good choice and show impressive confidence and leadership skills. I have no inclination to lead however, and have been generally disappointed by ENTJs I've met off of this forum. Somewhat weak reasons, but enough that ENTJ would place under ISTJ for me.

INTP would be interesting, though I would really rather not be a P-type, on account that meticulous planning is a huge reason I've gotten to where I am. I also don't want to place on the Ti/Fe-axis, since I greatly prefer Te to Ti (as I find the latter too prone to navel-gazing and not grounded enough) and Fi to Fe (the latter is far too nosy, and cannot help but involve itself in other people's personal matters). Those preferences apply doubly to INFJ, on account of it being an Fe ego type.

·
Registered
642 Posts
INFJ for a day. I don't understand Fe but I want to, and I know probable XNFJ philosophers have one hell of a track record for insight.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
INTP. I like them and their live and let live approach. And it would be cool to be the type that produced Einstein. (I'm sure someone will argue that Einstein was an ESTP or something, but to me he is the archetypal INTP.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
INTP as well; they seem to have less of the traits I dislike about being an INTJ (argumentativeness, perceived 'arrogance', dislike of being wrong/misunderstood to the point of weh) and lots of intrigue, darkness, and unique imagery that I really like that I just don't really have naturally. I think it would be really neat to be an INTP.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
In order: INTP, ISTJ, ENTJ, INFJ

Reactions: lolalalah

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
INTP so I could be more of a technocratic mathlete which would improve job prospects. Plus, Einstein and Lincoln are pretty much rockstars.

Reactions: Cobble

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
ENTJ all the way!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Well, no, they don't. At least, after searching, I couldn't find any. I was referring to the way many claim famous people as their own type. A google search tells me that most people agree that Einstein was INTP, but I also found assertions that he is INFP, ESTJ, ENTP, ENFP, INTJ, ISFP, ENTJ.
Oh, sorry--total misunderstanding of a joke. I'm usually better at picking up jokes, but I shall improve. But thanks for clarifying and being patient with me :)

Reactions: Green Girl

·
Registered
272 Posts
If I changed any letter I would not be me anymore. I'd be some other person. I would not want any other person to go through what I have gone through in life, so I wouldn't change anything.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah this is an easy one for me too. Definitely ENTJ. There’s no other type that I’d even consider changing to. As an ENTJ, I’d still have all the great stuff about being an NTJ, but with a heavier focus on the external world. I really admire quite a few ENTJs, especially their natural leadership abilities. I appreciate their honesty and soft spots in much the same way I do our own.

Extraversion would be nice to have at times (though introversion is not an excuse for having poor social skills), and would definitely be a benefit to my planned career path.

That being said, I don’t know if I would change if I could. Changing anything like that would fundamentally change who I am as a person, and most of the time I like who I am and wouldn’t rather be any other way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts