Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
I demand the return of the crazy face! :crazy:
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that you must have a PoLR within Socionics, if you could choose any PoLR, which one would you choose?

What are the most and least inconvenient PoLRs in your job specifically?

How often do you experience a PoLR "hit"? And what's it like? Examples of PoLR hits?

___

My comments: I'd choose Fi! It's definitely the least inconvenient PoLR ("best" PoLR to have) in my job. The most inconvenient PoLR in my job ("worst" PoLR to have) would be Ti or Te, also Ne or Se PoLR would make things difficult. Fe PoLR isn't ideal either. I feel like I very rarely experience a PoLR hit. Maybe once or twice several years ago from a relative who is an IEE. I definitely hit his PoLR a lot more though, to be honest.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't know! I want to be perfect everywhere!
Ok but if I had to choose.. maybe Ne PoLR. <-- am probably biased because Ne is my ignoring

Unlike you, I'd absolutely not choose Fi or even Fe PoLR. Or Ti/Te PoLR. I know from firsthand experience Te PoLR is pretty freaking painful, and it makes me feel quite dumb and stupid and idiotic sometimes.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know! I want to be perfect everywhere!
Ok but if I had to choose.. maybe Ne PoLR. <-- am probably biased because Ne is my ignoring

Unlike you, I'd absolutely not choose Fi or even Fe PoLR. Or Ti/Te PoLR. I know from firsthand experience Te PoLR is pretty freaking painful, and it makes me feel quite dumb and stupid and idiotic sometimes.
I definitely would not choose Ne PoLR myself. I think I'm not aware of what I'm missing with Fi, which is why I would stick with Fi PoLR. Regarding the rest, what I actually said was that "The most inconvenient PoLR in my job ("worst" PoLR to have) would be Ti or Te, also Ne or Se PoLR would make things difficult. Fe PoLR isn't ideal either." So I wouldn't pick Ti/Te/Ne/Se/Fe PoLR.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I definitely would not choose Ne PoLR myself. I think I'm not aware of what I'm missing with Fi, which is why I would stick with Fi PoLR. Regarding the rest, what I actually said was that "The most inconvenient PoLR in my job ("worst" PoLR to have) would be Ti or Te, also Ne or Se PoLR would make things difficult. Fe PoLR isn't ideal either." So I wouldn't pick Ti/Te/Ne/Se/Fe PoLR.
The thought of having Fi PoLR scares me !
I'm still a student, so in that context.. actually, Fi PoLR would be the least inconvenient maybe. Ti/Te and Ni/Ne, wouldn't want to have that as PoLR.. Same with Se/Fe for when collaboration/other people is necessary. Not Si PoLR because then I'd study and study and forget to eat sleep..

·
Registered
399 Posts
I generally get Te PoLR hits whenever I go into the professional world.
One thing I hate is that I seem unable of assimilating and/or using any knowledge or facts if I don't perfectly understand the system/theory behind it.

Example:
In high school when I entered the advanced math class and it was getting harder, I had a hard time initially because I wouldn't "learn" something if it was just a random fact/trick given on the fly. I'd just disregard it unless I knew exactly where it came from. meaning learning things was a longer, more tedious process because I'd have to perfectly understand something for me to finally take it in, into my mind.
Once I started learning from my IEE friend who was so good at that class it's unfair, whenever I asked him why is this that way, I thought he would give me an explanation of why it works and I'd understand everything, but I quickly learned that although he'd always ace the tests, don't count on him to explain concepts to you. the way he'd "explain" things was, oh, it's just like that, when you have the blah, it means do this..
and typically i'd never "refuse" to assimilate knowledge presented like that because WHY???! but I learned from him that sometimes ya just gotta accept it. cause you can't expect to learn the whole thing behind it just do yourself a favor and accept the fact, even though it's hanging so loose! for efficiency damn it!

What's your experience of Fi PoLR

~~~
Also, for anyone else seeking to better understand Te PoLR, this is what made me really "see" it in me, beyond the theoretical explanations:

Let us see in which cases the IEI tends to consider him/herself a bum.
  • When work brings the IEI pleasure personally. Then this is no work at all - this is entertainment. And entertainment is not a real job.
  • When work is given to the IEI with great difficulty. Then this, too, is not work, but some kind of incompetent amateur stumblng around, that another person could have done faster and better.
  • When work falls into the category "everybody does it, and even more," for example, cooking dinner, cleaning up one's home, going to the store, doing homework with your child, going to the fitness center.
  • When the IEI is resting (for what is he tired from? would have been better if he was tired from real work ...).
  • When the IEI is engaged in various urgent matters (but needs to do something else, for those other things present as more serious matters, seriously).
  • When the IEI does something that doesn't bring results, for example, studying foreign language without much success, not being able to "discipline" the noisy neighbors, not getting his kid earn good grades in school, trying to lose weight without success, etc.
  • When the IEI is underpaid.
  • When the IEI is overpaid.
  • ... and so on.
To put it simply: when does the IEI NOT consider himself a slacker?
Only in one case: When there is somebody else who lets the IEI understand (not simply describe!) the meaning and benefit of his work. As well as delineates a framework when activities and work can be stopped, or put aside, and when he has have every right to relax.

Painful Te is also unable to assess the costs of labor, particularly new type of labor. Therefore, the IEI finds it extremely difficult to give up on something (from shame), as well as to agree to something (what if he/she can't manage it?)

What I want to say by all of this?
Only one thing. Painful Extroverted Logic - is an always agonizing conscience about one's own (in)activity. It is constant subjective undervaluation of one's own labor; it is eternal uncertainty in one's own performance at work; it is an inability to take a break with a clean heart and soul. It is a fundamental inability to say "I will not!" when you are being asked to do something that you don't know how to do well (especially asked "nicely"). For difficulties and poor results you will blame precisely yourself, remembering your entire life and blaming yourself for being too lethargic and insufficiently active, blaming yourself for being incapable and never learning the necessary skills, because you could have studied the material more or learned a foreign language at least to the level of corrector.And the idea that it should have been the fault of the professor for not teaching the material well, or the person who dumped all this foreign text editing on you, does not even come into your head, and even if it forms, you will feel painfully uncertain and ashamed about it ..

Source: IEI Extroverted Thinking Te Polr (INFp) (scroll to post #25)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I generally get Te PoLR hits whenever I go into the professional world.
One thing I hate is that I seem unable of assimilating and/or using any knowledge or facts if I don't perfectly understand the system/theory behind it.

Example:
In high school when I entered the advanced math class and it was getting harder, I had a hard time initially because I wouldn't "learn" something if it was just a random fact/trick given on the fly. I'd just disregard it unless I knew exactly where it came from. meaning learning things was a longer, more tedious process because I'd have to perfectly understand something for me to finally take it in, into my mind.
Once I started learning from my IEE friend who was so good at that class it's unfair, whenever I asked him why is this that way, I thought he would give me an explanation of why it works and I'd understand everything, but I quickly learned that although he'd always ace the tests, don't count on him to explain concepts to you. the way he'd "explain" things was, oh, it's just like that, when you have the blah, it means do this..
and typically i'd never "refuse" to assimilate knowledge presented like that because WHY???! but I learned from him that sometimes ya just gotta accept it. cause you can't expect to learn the whole thing behind it just do yourself a favor and accept the fact, even though it's hanging so loose! for efficiency damn it!
I've noticed that's how xEEs explain things. Do x, then do y, then do z, etc. etc. It's not an explanation of the concept, it's just a series of actions. A work flow. To an extent, this applies to ExE types too; they sometimes use Te role to explain things because the Ti suggestive is weaker (even though it's valued).

In my previous job, I worked with a guy who was either SEI or IEI. Weirdly, I didn't really "notice" the Te PoLR in our interactions, only when I analyzed them in hindsight to type him. I'm pretty sure his boss and grandboss (we didn't have the same boss) were both Te egos and they preferred to explain things as work flows. Whenever we were in a meeting together and a task was explained to him, he couldn't figure out how to do the task, unless he understood how it fit together first. But I'd usually automatically explain to him what the Te types said. Kinda weird how that works.

I almost never have loose facts because I fit them together and/or into an existing framework, even if they're provided in isolation (with no framework/theory/system). I think Ti HA might have a bit more trouble fitting them together on their own.

I just remembered this but when I was in college (university), I tutored a student who was likely xEI. I didn't know socionics then so this is a retroactive typing. I think some fields are taught in a very Te way, and she had been taught basically a bunch of facts, without any cohesive framework to tie them all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts