Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people don't want to live forever or die young. So what would be your magic number? How many mortal years would it take for you to feel fulfilled?

Currently humans are living upwards of 100 years, the average somewhere in the 80s. Is this enough time for you? (Not that we have a choice of course, but if we did?)

Aging on/off/freezing is your choice, but you can't get younger, and you can't bring people with you (can't freeze the age of loved ones).

I think that I'd love to live for about 400 years. Enough to see a century or two go by, enough to reach a few ultimate dream goals and to see the world. Possibly explore space. I wouldn't want eternal life.

Reactions: Turlowe

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Four or five hundred years sounds about ideal, and yes aging off please, I'm already in my forties. Ideally I'd like to leave it open ended, so I'd probably pick a really big number and just snuff myself when I was ready to go.

I'd use the time to do a lot of things I hope, theres so many things I want to learn, so much I want to see. I'd love to explore space and with such a long span I could do this even at fractional c speeds. I'd want to see the generations of my family (assuming there are any) grow up and old and help them where I could. Then as I start to get really tired of it all I could write about all I've learned in all the years and hopefully share any wisdom gained, then I'd be happy to let go and see what if anything is next.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I want to die in my prime. 45. I've achieved at 29 what many will never accomplish. Rationally, I've lived a quantifiably great life; no tomorrow is promised; and at 45-50. I'm young enough to have control over my posthumous faculties. (Ie will/insurance, asset management, etc).

Also I struggle with addiction. Living sober is not easy, and frankly I'm too goddamn stubborn to relapse. But it's not sustainable nor favorable for how I live my life: in the fast lane on the edge and like an inferno.

I'd rather die fulfilled and accomplished and sober at 45-50 in my prime than a long drawn out messy dramatic decline.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Four or five hundred years sounds about ideal, and yes aging off please, I'm already in my forties. Ideally I'd like to leave it open ended, so I'd probably pick a really big number and just snuff myself when I was ready to go.

I'd use the time to do a lot of things I hope, theres so many things I want to learn, so much I want to see. I'd love to explore space and with such a long span I could do this even at fractional c speeds. I'd want to see the generations of my family (assuming there are any) grow up and old and help them where I could. Then as I start to get really tired of it all I could write about all I've learned in all the years and hopefully share any wisdom gained, then I'd be happy to let go and see what if anything is next.
Five hundred years and the writer still lives in the INFP. Yep.

Reactions: Turlowe

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I'm in my 30s, my life has been going downhill since my teens, one mental illness diagnosis after another, poverty, unemployment, relationship issues...I don't think INFPs are made to live a long happy life on Earth. At least not this INFP. I've seen people with much bigger problems enjoying life. Too sensitive, maybe. Maybe in afterlife I can be a poet who gets paid in gold bricks and makes a castle and lives happily ever after but not here.

Ah, I sound so depressing. I don't know, maybe in a few years things will get all good and would want to live to age 500 or 5000 or a billion.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Half of me wants to say 500, and the other half of me wants to say that I think sticking to a normal lifespan sounds better, because it would be lonely to watch all the people I love die generation after generation.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'll be the first to say forever. So that I could become Overlord Of The Universe. I mean, I'd have forever to do it! Though I could end up floating in space for half of forever, too. That might suck. Pretty sure the senses would fail even if one doesn't die, though. So living half of forever in a comatose dream state would be rad, too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would like to live up until my late 70's or early 80's. I'm sure by then I'll be suffering from all kinds of health issues to the point where I'm actually looking forward to embracing death.

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
Forever young,
I have a strong disposition toward being forever youthful.
Do you truly desire to perpetuate your existence for eternity?
Forever, and ever.

Forever young,
I should very much like to be young for a distinctly lengthy amount of time.
Is it your greatest wish to live for an indefinite and inexhaustible amount of time?
Forever young.

·
Banned
2,205 Posts
I don't know, what quality of life would I have? I wouldn't mind living a very long time if I was going to be in good health. Though I dread the future, I'm also curious to see it.

On the other hand, I'd like to die once I start getting old enough that I begin to lose my independence. Once I know I'm losing my ability to care for myself it will be time to end it.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
I don't want to live that long. I want to die at age 35 after I accomplished the things I want. So, that would be 5 years from now...

·
Registered
149 Posts
NO.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.