Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
20,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I already know, this is an outrageous question to ask, but by no means am I inferring that I would love an INFJ child anymore than an ESTJ child on the basis of their type, this is merely hypothetical.

I'm also aware that adoption exists, for the sake of entertainment ignore it and imagine the children are biologically your's.

How many children would you have and what types would you want them to be? Why?

I'd have to choose about ten children all of their types being EXFP. In a house of little silence and hence little reading, it would always be a pleasure to readily read the utter torment written all over my wife's face. Even amongst all of the utter chaos and exclamation my wife will somehow find the time to write a book titled 'My Preposterous Quest to Find Peace and Quiet!'. It would be a dream.

·
Banned
5,683 Posts
Yes, I already know, this is an outrageous question to ask, but by no means am I inferring that I would love an INFJ child anymore than an ESTJ child on the basis of their type, this is merely hypothetical.

I'm also aware that adoption exists, for the sake of entertainment ignore it and imagine the children are biologically your's.

How many children would you have and what types would you want them to be? Why?

I'd have to choose about ten children all of their types being EXFP. In a house of little silence and hence little reading, it would always be a pleasure to readily read the utter torment written all over my wife's face. Even amongst all of the utter chaos and exclamation my wife will somehow find the time to write a book titled 'My Preposterous Quest to Find Peace and Quiet!'. It would be a dream.
Any kind of NT or INFJ or ENFP.

Sent from Heaven using My Will

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
XXXX, less about types, more about how well behave they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would like to have three children. INTP, ENTP, ESFJ.

The NTP's would innovate interesting ideas in to our house and I don't think I'd ever be bored. Maybe they'd play video games with me.

The ESFJ to keep all of us grounded and in harmony. I'm not exactly the most grounded person at times.

·
Registered
790 Posts
none, because I dont want children, they are too annoying.

but as for dogs/cats, I would say ISFJ, loyal and nice, I dont want them to manipulate me like your average XNXJ fat cat.

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Banned
5,683 Posts
I would like to have three children. INTP, ENTP, ESFJ.

The NTP's would innovate interesting ideas in to our house and I don't think I'd ever be bored. Maybe they'd play video games with me.

The ESFJ to keep all of us grounded and in harmony. I'm not exactly the most grounded person at times.
You can adopt me!

Sent from Heaven using My Will

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
People would have to muster the energy to smile back, and the will. Are you saying you want to make an ENFJ clone of yourself to adopt kids with?
Mmm...

Perhaps I'd marry a female copy of myself. I wouldn't adopt kids, though. But that wasn't what I was originally saying.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I love kids as a whole and don't really have any sort of preference for one type or the other. So for me, I have been wondering which child I could mentor the best.

I find myself mentoring children and peers alike on emotional matters in particular, so I think I could do well with a feeler.

I have worked with kids a decent amount through tutoring, volunteering, and babysitting, and I've found that INFPs, ISFPs, ESFPs, ENFPs, and INTJs tend to like my company the most. 7,4,6 and 1 children tend to like me a lot. I think that I would do well accomodating female ENFP 7w6 or a male ISFP 6w7.

That said, the child who I've done the best with caring for is a male INTJ 6w5, so who really knows.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,261 Posts
I currently have one. I like kids and used to want 6 or something like that, but... I've come to realize that I really just want one because I don't like having my attention divided. I prefer to interact one-on-one so I'd prefer to just invest in one really close relationship with my child and not get flustered trying to pay quality attention all the time to multiple children who all deserve my all. I feel like I would not be as good a parent to multiples because I'd likely feel even more scattered and overwhelmed and lacking in alone-time than I already am with just one child and my husband in the house.

As for type, well I have to admit I'm hoping my daughter will be an INFP like me, because I love the connection I feel with my INFP friends and I think I would be a pretty good parent for an INFP because of understanding the emotional sensitivity and daydreamyness. There are some types I think I'd have more difficulty being what they need - (I'd probably drive E_T_s up the wall).

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I really have no preference. It would be easiest for me if we share functions, but for society it doesn't matter at all. Every type has their qualities and I'll love my kids whatever type they might be.

I actually find the idea of being able to choose my kids' personality scary. You'd always treat them as their type rather than a person, since that's what you chose for them to be. They'd just have less free will. Not a world I'd like to live in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd want 3: an ENFJ, INTP and ISTP.

I have no real justification related to MBTI theory. Just wanna see how they'd all interact, what kind of influences they might have on one another growing up, and what they'd each turn out like.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
I want an older ESXJ daughter to help be a cool role model for my two younger boys.

For the boys, I want them to be twins! One is ISTP, and the other is INFX, so the ST brother can be a kind of protector fun best friend for life, and the F brother being the more emotional one that looks out for his twin brother in more, well, emotional ways haha.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts