• ima sensah: YAAH!

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • intuitor: NOPE!

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • sensor: NOOOOOO!!!!1111111

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • intuitor: only waited my life time!

Votes: 10 27.8%

If you could give up eating.. (sensors value food more?)

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Wuthering In The Willows 
#1 ·
a magical green mist confronts you in your mind! blue sharp teeth appear out of nowhere, as it starts to speak:
"YOU! have a chance to give up eating forever. DO.. you take it!"

what do you answer to the omnious green cloud monster?
=)

#4 ·
well, i think they are simply less biased. not analyzing the food to the extense of boredom.. xD

#6 ·
I'd take it on the condition that I could still eat if I wanted to. Otherwise, Thanksgiving is gonna be a downer.

It's not that I have anything against eating or food, but I'd sure save a lot of money.

#7 · (Edited)
I eat to live, not live to eat. Food isn't on my list of things I like most about life. It's a chore that interrupts other things. My relationship with food is almost utilitarian. When I'm not taking care of myself, I don't eat and drop underweight. It's tempting to just guzzle liquids to shut my stomach up.

#10 ·
HELL NO. Why would I want to deprive myself of all the possible wonderful flavors and textures (but mostly the flavors) food has to offer on purpose? Sure, most of my eating is only done when I'm hungry which isn't all that often, but to me, there isn't a reason good enough that would make me want to give up food.

#11 ·
I hate food. It's source of most of humanity's problemz.
If I could live without food, I would want give it up in a heart beat.
The only reason I'm attached to food is because I want to add mass to my physique, so I try to force myself to eat a lot.
Doing so, however, is very time consuming and unpleasant.

#15 ·
It would be one less thing to spend money on, and a lot of the foods I enjoy aren't healthy for me anyway... Still, it's a tough choice. Assuming I would have to give it up completely. (What would happen if I still tried to eat after making the deal, OP?)

#18 ·
the green monster would devour your ability to think, and youd become a zombie of sorts! =)

#17 ·
I love to cook and bake and eat. Exploring all of the different flavors and aromas of food is a true delight. I am fortunate that I am not fat because I truly love food. How could I ever give up juicy melons and peaches and raspberries and chocolate and summer squash and all of that other stuff that tickles my taste buds and tummy with joy?
Perish the thought!!!!

#20 ·
I have inferior Se, so there are moments of overindulgence I suppose...

But in general, I forget to eat. Eating is a chore that interrupts the work I'm trying to do, and I get so frustrated having to stop what I'm doing because I'm getting too shaky on a stomach full of coffee and nothing else. So I'd gladly give up having to eat, although I'd like the option to eat on occasion when I chose to.

When I was a kid, I used to be really drawn to sensory experiences, but as I grow older, it feels like...been there, done that. I've eaten so many amazing things and yet it feels like none of these things can hold my interest or attention anymore. Like I've done it already, and I want something else...more meaningful. Food doesn't hold my fascination as it used to (though I do enjoy good food when it happens). And it's so expensive and inaccessible a lot of the time. It's nice not to bother. I'm tired of eating fruit and cereal all the time because I'm too lazy to eat anything else.

#21 ·
Yes! I so would. But I have issues around eating, being a person who focuses way too much on food and gets obsessive about weight gains or losses. So I would quit eating if possible, assuming 'give it up' would imply that there would be no strong hunger to make you want to eat again.

#23 ·
The main reason people eat food to begin with is because they need to in order to survive. The body's gotta get its chemical potential energy from somewhere, you know.

But food can be a recreational activity as well. I don't consider eating a waste of time when it tastes so good! Just so long as food's eaten in moderation, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.