Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could go back in time would you change anything about your past or anybody else's?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I'd have tried to be more grateful for what I had as a child, I think. I was such a moody, unhealthy Fi child and I used to have a giant outburst whenever something didn't go my way. A lot of people ended up not liking me, but I never let them know how much I liked them. Same goes for all the teachers I've had, they were all so nice (bar one).

Reactions: Ramysa

·
Registered
762 Posts
What a tough question.

If I had the choice of whether or not *to* go back in time, I think I would (after much wrestling) choose not to... because even difficult experiences have made me into who I am, and all can be redeemed.

However, if I didn't have the choice, and I was thrown kicking and screaming back in time, I would definitely make a lot of different decisions than I did before. Hindsight is 20/20.

·
Registered
823 Posts
But if you changed something in the past, then nothing would be the same today... You're asking an extremely complicated question haha...

I think nothing in the past should be changed, assuming we all learn from the past. Sure, awful things have happened and I wish they never did, but many people need to see those mistakes in order to learn for the future; a shame, but necessary all the same.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,123 Posts
Man, I would prevent or seek medical attention earlier in the course of my husband's cancer. I know if he was still here, we would be living different lives, but I would risk it.

I also would cut back on the drinking WAY earlier and not waste so much precious time being wasted.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would go back to maybe 600 AD and try to teach them calculus and modern physics. Think of the world we would live in now if we had discovered that stuff that much earlier.

Reactions: Ramysa
1 - 8 of 8 Posts