Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Utah. :cool:
About time I took the plunge and signed up here. Yes, I put off signing up for things.

My probable types:

Enneagram - 9w1 Sx/So (I like solo sports like the Sx/Sp. I could easily be a professional ski bum. Shame that doesn't pay.)
Tritype/Tri-fix - 9-7-3 or 9-5-3
MBTI - ISTP (It's the best fit. I recognize my use of Introverted Thinking. I've seen Anna Kendrick typed as ISTP and my personality is similar)
Socionics - The SLI Sensory subtype in the subtype descriptions is a decent fit, but I'll admit to being confused about Socionics.

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Hello Deseret!

Welcome to this forum ;)

I see you have still your healthy scepsis, that is good. I am an ISTP too, so let´s make this uncomplicated. Come in, dive in, and find out who you are!

Still questions? Just ask ^^

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Skeptical of Socionics anyway. I don't think the Socionists have figured it out yet, so I'll let them do that before I try to get it. :unsure:

On a side note, for me a good way to learn the Enneagram and MBTI has been testing relatives and friends and comparing personalities. Contrasting myself with tested 7s and 5s helped me realize I was a 9.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I would bump this since I'm coming back after a number of months. I had started to question my type, especially my Enneagram, and now think I'm probably an ISTP 7, rather than 9. I learned that when looking at Enneagram types the fears, desires and motivations are far more helpful than type descriptions alone, which can differ significantly by author.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts