Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had a time machine or were just bad ass like me and inherently possessed the ability to time travel, and went back ten years in the past, what would tell your past self and why?

I would never go back to meet my past self because I promised myself at a very young age to immediately kill my future self so I can avoid any sort of paradox and ensure my present selfs existence.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
what? so we could laugh at each other where one goes "I predicted as much!" and the other goes "I told you so!"

mmm... both of us would be equally depressed... if not, even more so.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
what? so we could laugh at each other where one goes "I predicted as much!" and the other goes "I told you so!"

mmm... both of us would be equally depressed... if not, even more so.
This, all I’d do is trigger full blown depression in my younger self earlier on.

Then again, I could hand over some winning lottery numbers.

Edit:

I suppose I could show my younger fatter self that I’d lose some of the pudge.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I would be like: don't work in the pharmaceutical industry, you will become the most cynical and jaded person who ever walked the face of the planet.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Since I was only 7 then, I don't think I'd have many productive things to tell myself. I always found it cringey when strange, old people tried to give me advice.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Since I was only 7 then, I don't think I'd have many productive things to tell myself. I always found it cringey when strange, old people tried to give me advice.
When you're my age you'll realize they were all right.

D'oh.

I still hate getting advice, though...

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you're my age you'll realize they were all right.

D'oh.

I still hate getting advice, though...
I'd say the majority of advice I get from old people was wrong, still is, and I don't see it changing. I don't get why old people think their experiences can relate to mine. And anyone who starts a lecture with the stereotypical "Well back in my day" is immediately tuned out. I could give a shit about how everything went wrong since the days of penny trolly rides and william taft.

Reactions: Samurai Blur

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I don't think I've changed too much since I was 15. "Be more focused on a particular area" would probably be a piece of advice for my younger self.
I'd really like to meet my future 35-year old self and see what she has to say. Hopefully I'll have made huge improvements by then in terms of happiness and success.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think I've changed too much since I was 15. "Be more focused on a particular area" would probably be a piece of advice for my younger self.
I'd really like to meet my future 35-year old self and see what she has to say. Hopefully I'll have made huge improvements by then in terms of happiness and success.
I recommend a healthy dose of alcoholism. Cures my nihilism and depression everyday.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
To self: Pick VERY different major in college. Do things which will actually land you in a career you will enjoy.

And by the way, here are some stock tips.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, I can hear my 35, 45, 55 and 65-yr old selves gathering to warn me against that.
By 45 you'll be delirious. Old strung out addicts seem to be stuck within a delusion of infinite happiness and abstract possibility.

Sounds awesome to me.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
What a waste of time travel :p
I concur... telling ones' old self to stop procrastinating would only get them to procrastinate even more because they know they have more time to resolve things more than... um... I / We / Us do... how do we refer to ourselves in past future tense during that present again?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts