Personality Cafe banner

What setting is your ideal place to live?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question. Imagine if money wasn't an issue (But neither were you super loaded). Basically, you could move anywhere and live out life there. Perhaps you work or you're retired, doesn't matter. Basically, NTs, don't worry too much about the variables. The question is simply asking where would you want to live.

Now to make things simple, I'm giving generic locations, rather than specific cities. In the comments, say your type and where you'd want to live.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I don't know what my type is, but I would really enjoy living on Europa in a special Europan ice-breaker that was protected from the elements, but only if it was large enough and I had the ability to see outside and observe Jupiter in the early mornings/evenings. So I chose "on a boat".

Though, I would like the option of occasionally inviting people over to my Europan boat-house without inconveniencing them.

Also, a boat on Earth would be quite nice.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Durango, Colorado. :happy:

INFJ :tongue:

I had the chance to move there a few years ago, but it would have been an expensive and risky transition.

Now I've got bills every month again. :frustrating:

There are a lot of beautiful places to live elsewhere in Colorado, but I've spent my life looking at 280" of snow every winter, and I'm not keen on including snow in my version of paradise. :laughing:

·
Banned
800 Posts
You don't have a list of alternate worlds? How about I switch chairs? That's about as meaningful a change. Oh, sure there's the cabin, but you're just losing shit to not really escape the people and their authoritarian games. Mansions at least expand the space you can not have to usually deal with external forces, but it's all basically a cell in hostile territory.

Got to go for not being in a sauna though. Give me maybe lukewarm and some windchill. Maybe lower temp and raise humidity. Preferably overcast with cloud variations. Can't really get that here, and laws and culture suck even worse elsewhere. Can't even get a villain lair? Maybe a mansion INSIDE a mountain?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Chose downtown as I would get to see the all the activity/colours of city life but never be forced to participate in it

P.S. It would also be the opposite of the relaxing, quiet mountain view I currently have too (which I do enjoy btw)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Downtown of a major city in a nice apartment/flat/suite But when I retire, I'll move to a cabin in the mountains.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Rustic mountain cabin / Unknown.

If you want to know my type, you must type me.

Stelliferous typed me INTP. His statement is currently under investigation.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rustic mountain cabin / Unknown.

If you want to know my type, you must type me.

Stelliferous typed me INTP. His statement is currently under investigation.

Sounds like something an INTP would say

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm an INFJ and I chose to live on a boat! Nevermind that there's probably a bunch of BS that boat-dwellers have to deal with that I'm not aware of, most likely having to do with finding a place to dock or keeping clear of pirates and whatnot.

I had the chance to move there a few years ago, but it would have been an expensive and risky transition.
I was BORN in Durango! :shocked::proud:

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
INTJ

Tie between rustic mountain cabin and suburban home in a cool climate. But I voted for the former because that was always kinda my "dream home" haha.

More practically I might be more likely to end up closer to the suburb option, just because of accessibility.

Either way... I am much more tolerant of winter weather than summer. And of "too quiet" than "too loud". Cities get too crowded and hot for my taste and I don't really follow what's trendy. As far as I'm concerned all trendy stuff does is drive up the cost of living.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts

Now I've got bills every month again. :frustrating:

There are a lot of beautiful places to live elsewhere in Colorado, but I've spent my life looking at 280" of snow every winter, and I'm not keen on including snow in my version of paradise. :laughing:
Colorado is paradise. :tongue:

My dad had a friend that used to live in Durango, until his wife couldn't anymore because she had Raynaud's disease. He used to visit my family and bring over photos and I'd envy his whole family, lol.

I ended up studying in Colorado for awhile, but yeah, being a dependent undergrad made it nearly impractical to transition to actually sticking around. (Also I kind of had a mental breakdown my second year of college and I would've burnt out completely if I kept going the way I was). I really miss it though, hoping to go back more permanently, or at least to complete a Master's. I don't mind the snow, and depending where you are (foothills) it can melt pretty quickly too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Some humble seaside shack sounds good. As remote as I can possibly be with all the basics I need . . .

Wanna be surrounded by nature and surf but it might be hard to raise a family there :eek:ffended:
Also if it's a bit far from society it could be tricky to have an impact :05.18-flustered::encouragement:

(bytheway I'm ENFP 9w1 2w3 7w6 sp/sx):nevreness:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Is it possible to have somewhere that's got the population density and space of suburbia with the amenities of a city centre? That would be my ideal place. Maybe kinda like a holiday resort or a large hotel that isn't crowded. It would have a fair amount of space, lots of grass and trees, a calm but communal atmosphere, I could walk 30 seconds down the street from my house to go to the coffee shop, maybe there'd be cafes, a launderette, a public pool around too. Bonus points for automated service due to social anxiety. Machines don't judge my food choices :D

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I don't know what my type is, but I would really enjoy living on Europa in a special Europan ice-breaker that was protected from the elements, but only if it was large enough and I had the ability to see outside and observe Jupiter in the early mornings/evenings. So I chose "on a boat".

Though, I would like the option of occasionally inviting people over to my Europan boat-house without inconveniencing them.

Also, a boat on Earth would be quite nice.
Europa is just a plane ticket away, and the climate is pretty good there (at least in the west).

·
Registered
207 Posts
INFJ, suburban mansion/home (warm climate)

It would be kinda crazy since it's so far away from me, but I would love to move to Tokyo actually or somewhere near it in Japan. I think living in a suburb there would be really awesome, I'm obsessed with anime and Japanese culture so I think it would be fantastic :D

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Wish there was 'inter-dimensional travel' technology so that I could teleport out of here. If it were or became possible maybe find another dimension that lacks 'chaos'/struggle etc and is comprised entirely of 'order'?

For here I would want to live at a place made up of entirely bright 'meadows' in the landmass and near/on a lagoon next to a beach. Any nearby houses or anything made up of white bricks with roofs being blue if possible. Temperate climate with a constant warm breeze, able to feel the best of warm/cool at the same time. The kind of feeling you get when you just stepped out from a very hot temperature place into somewhere cooler, and are cooling down.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Wish there was 'inter-dimensional travel' technology so that I could teleport out of here. If it were or became possible maybe find another dimension that lacks 'chaos'/struggle etc and is comprised entirely of 'order'?

For here I would want to live at a place made up of entirely bright 'meadows' in the landmass and near/on a lagoon next to a beach. Any nearby houses or anything made up of white bricks with roofs being blue if possible. Temperate climate with a constant warm breeze, able to feel the best of warm/cool at the same time. The kind of feeling you get when you just stepped out from a very hot temperature place into somewhere cooler, and are cooling down.
Hmm, I don't think you'd like Mechanus...

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
Tropical beach house

Followed by
Trendy/hip area of a major city in a home or nice apartment
Suburban mansion/home - warm climate (i actually prefer continental or new york climate)
Suburban mansion/home - cool climate

1 - 20 of 121 Posts