Personality Cafe banner

What setting is your ideal place to live?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
It sounds weird, but I'd love to be that stereotypical hard-female character from survival movies and live somewhere like this. Ideally alone. In the woods. Leave me alone, people.

But since that's very unrealistic, I'd pick a modern high rise flat. Because they're pretty on the inside - not so much outside unless you can get one in an expensive area.

I've gotta say that if money wasn't a problem I'd move to Maui. It's just gorgeous.

·
Super Moderator
11,111 Posts
Rural Farm Home

I'd rather be with the animals and plants than people. I could easily go to town when needing a people fix. lol And, yep, there needs to be woods nearby.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I chose the mansion with cool climate. Space is important to me so my home should be spacious. I don't like to sweat when I am not doing exercise, so cool climate is preferable.

·
Registered
559 Posts
In my humble opinion, there should be an option that involves a small town in this poll.

Sure, small towns in the United States and elsewhere in the Western World seen not to be doing really well, however, I do appreciate the blend of a quiet and predictable environment while at the same time having some things nearby that you can walk to and have readily available services and goods. Additionally at the same time in small towns you are able to have a general idea of who your neighbors are without the alienation that big cities provide.

Might sound (read) a little strange coming from an introvert type, nonetheless, despite the annoying gossip rampant in small towns, the social capital seems to be high and people really help each other a lot more -- in a rational sense: the pros outweigh the cons.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Most Ideal: Rustic cabin on a mountain (Peaceful. quiet, a good time to reflect.)

Most realistic option for myself:
Downtown of a major city in a nice apartment/flat/suite (I don't have a car, and most 'major' cities are known for providing some form of public transportation)

Maybe: Tropical Beach House (Sure, if it's in Thailand or something. Been there before. Very cheap living.Then, I can get by via tuk-tuks or inter-city busses if needed.)

Type: INTJ

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Suburban home with warm climate and one or two roommates. That's close to what I have now, but it's cold atm. =_=

Either that or a rural farm home with 3-4 friends.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,524 Posts
Downtown! Used to work there before I moved. Was really great with all the variety and things to do. Nice buildings too. However, the thing that got annoying quick was the commute (public transit eww) and the crowded streets/aggressiveness.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Basically, NTs, don't worry too much about the variables.
Easier said than done. :tongue:

I'd like to live in a nice little house in the suburbs, not too noisy, but also not too far from the city centre. The exact place doesn't matter but a warm climate would be nice. I'd also like the house to have a garden and a tool shed to finally have the option to act out my ideas instead of just thinking about that stuck in a flat.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts