Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and this can be one person or multiple people... what would it be? What would you say, if anything?

They may not have hurt you directly or intentionally. But the fact is you suffered in some way related to them. What do you say?

Give it some thought.

·
Registered
247 Posts
"Although I can't forgive you for what you've done to not only me but my brother and mom, I can understand why you had to leave. I don't hate you, but I don't like you either. At this point it's impossible to fix our relationship completely, I'm sure you know that too. Nevertheless, you're my dad and I wish you the best and hope you're happier where you are now."

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Indirectly -

I honestly feel sorry for you. Your understanding of your fellow human beings is so mediocre that one can only hope that it isn't something that will ultimately lead to your demise. I can only walk away knowing that whatever I may say will not be regarded and that is also sad. I truly hope that in time you will change but it is not up to me to make that change. Eventually I know life's harsh lessons will come back to haunt you and in that moment in time you would think back and then truly understand. whether that is too late for you is a burden you will have to bear. I walk away not because I don't care but because you don't care. It pains me to my core to see you in this state but again I can't be there for someone who is never there for me.

Directly -

No matter how many times you apologize it still doesn't take the pain away. You know full well how much you used me for your own well being. I trusted you the longest of times and you returned that trust back only to take it away once things didn't work out for you. I gave you the respect I wanted to give and you took it and then trampled on my own. You took my once good natured heart and torn it to pieces after confession that you will never ever do that to me. The love, care and adoration I chose to give to you was returned only for you to take it all back again as well. The mere fact that you confessed your love for me first, when I clearly was not ready for it and then when I returned it back you took all of it. Every single last drop, and then you just left me to rot.
You drained my very soul of all its energy and then you told me that I was the bad one. That I was the one who made mistakes.
I'm not going to lie I did make quite a few, but I forgave you for all the ones you did to me. Even when you went back to him and then came back to me again. I took you back, and then it just still wasn't good enough for you was it?
It still wasn't good enough, even when I told you what he was doing to you, even when I told you exactly what type of character he was it wasn't good enough. And afterwards, after realizing I was right, you try and apologize your way back into my arms?
No, seriously no I'm done. I can never trust a person who puts me through all that. I can never. You were so convinced that breaking open my shell, getting me to be myself would help me. So you poked prodded and finally I gave into it. And you wanted it didn't you?
You wanted me, because you didn't want yourself. I gave you all, everything I could give you and then you wanted more.
And you know what hurts the most? You caused me so much pain that it actually still effects the decisions I make to this day.
You did the worst possible thing you could do to someone, you brought them out only to step on them. Now I just find it incredibly hard to be that person again. Because it hurts knowing that when I'm that way how much hurt can be done to me. And you know what hurts even more than the pain? I still miss you, just because I don't have anyone like you in my life right now. And I know you feel the same way. But I just can't go back, its been a year now and I have to force myself not to ever make that decision to go back. You would accept me with open arms but what you did to me still haunts me and I just can't afford to put myself through that again. I just can't.

Phew. Well that was cathartic. =)

·
Registered
317 Posts
-
"Although I can't forgive you for what you've done to not only me but my brother and mom, I can understand why you had to leave. I don't hate you, but I don't like you either. At this point it's impossible to fix our relationship completely, I'm sure you know that too. Nevertheless, you're my dad and I wish you the best and hope you're happier where you are now."
Good gods, this is almost verbatim what I would say to my own father if I had the conviction. My lack of conviction, however, comes from the fact that my dad never left town. He just started over regarding family. My sister and I are the practice kids. He and my stepmom had a kid and she became the child. Holidays could never be based on either of the two adult daughters' schedules. It had to be based around the kindergartner's idea of how holidays work.

-I know you love me. I know you think that you know me more intimately than any of your other three children. It flatters me that you think that you know me best of all. But please listen to me when I tell you that you are wrong. Please consider the aspects of personality that I present to you in an intellectual way, especially considering that presenting emotional/psychological things in a logical manner is something you think beyond my capacity.

I love you, too. You do know me better than I think you do; I will admit that much. But I wish you would admit that you don't know me as well as you think. I am more than you can comprehend because I am my own person, with my own unique way of interpreting everything. I cannot truly understand you, or my sisters, or my husband, or (I am guessing) my future children. I can do my best; that is all. And I hope that I never claim more than that. You shouldn't claim more than that, either.

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
I am still alive. There is nothing you can do about that. I am better than you. There is nothing you can do about that.

I could have made your life better. Instead you will be lonely now and forever. Enjoy what remains of your cold and empty life of regrets. Goodbye. You will not see me again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am still alive. There is nothing you can do about that. I am better than you. There is nothing you can do about that.

Enjoy your cold and empty life of regrets.
I identify with that so much that I am going to go hide in the nook between my sofa and the wall whilst I cry tears of empathy and frustration at the world.

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
Alternatively if my last post was too dark and bitter, I'd like to substitute:

'I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine'

Which to be honest was my immediate response to the thread title.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,449 Posts
There's a group of people that cost me alot of suffering and shit in my life, and every time I'm in their city I'm always on edge. There was one time where I thought I saw one of the guys in a crowd, and I started shaking because I knew that if it was him, it might get ugly. Probably not physical assault ugly, but it would not be pretty.

I've rehearsed it all in my head, from anger "you fucking piece of shit, you cunt, you're a worthless human being" to asking why "what the fuck were you thinking? you're lucky I didn't sue you." to taking the high road "I'm lucky I'm not a miserable person like you."

If I ran into them tomorrow, I honestly have no clue what I would say.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Well, what's done has been done. I've forgiven you, because you mean that much to me, and all I ask for is that you don't do it again. I know you cant help thinking about yourself before others, because maybe you're as afraid of being hurt, and it's all partially my fault for exposing so much of my vulnerabilities to you and still never saying a thing each time you hurt me with one small action and sentence, until I cant take anymore! Also, I'm sorry for all the times I've hurt you! I can be quite rash and impulsive when I feel hurt/angry and during those times you may feel as if I'm not considering your feelings at all, but I want you to know that I do, it's just that I let my emotions get the best of me and then wallow around in the pool of rubble I've made! Lastly, thank you for being my friend and even though youve replaced my position with someone else and honestly it feels as if I'm your rebound friend, I'll still be here for you!

Oh, to this one person I've never had the chance to fully get to know since you started showing your witchy side, I've forgiven you too! Mostly because hatred seems to do horrible things to my mentality, and well thank you for that apology you gave me, even though it was half hearted and only meant to make yourself feel better. Someday I hope you'll learn to be more open towards other views, and maybe stop being so arrogant and witchy. If you dont want people as your friends, dont pretend to be close to them then say theyre not your friends behind their backs. I've never been on the receiving end of this, but I bet it hurts! Most importantly, I hope one day you'll see how fortunate you are, and stop whining and complaining over the smallest things, because you could fix them if you wanted to! Thank you though, for allowing me to see your weak side. We may never speak again, but if we ever do, who knows, maybe we can be friends for real!

(Ooh that was therapeutic hahahas xD The stuff written here are pretty vague though, usually I write personal letters should I choose to initiate the process of resolving conflict!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
You deserve to be happy, and I understand why you did what you did... But you left me when I needed you the most and I'm never going to forget that. There is always a voice in the back of my mind reminding me of how terrified I still am of being left and I'm not sure it will ever leave me. That is the child, this is the adult...and though that inner child creates turmoil is my relationships and emotions still.. I will be okay.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You came to my family looking for a job and a place to stay. You decided to leave because you didn't want to follow the rules of my family. You think that you're already an adult yet you seem to have the rationale of a 14 year old boy. I talked to you, yes I admit at one point in time, I was glad to have an older brother who was like me, alone, kind of odd, and loved animals.

But then you started to mooch off my family, didn't clean up after yourself, and instead of acting like an older brother, you became more of the younger, immature brother. My parents helped you find a job, you lost it. They tell you to find another, you spend the whole time online, going out with friends, or going to the gym. Then you have the audacity of bringing friends over to my family's home without even asking? We don't really know you, you've only spent a minuscule of what? 1 or 2 days with us back when you were a teenager. You then leave to go out and get drunk at a crucial moment with my family and a friend. Only complaining that someone turned on the light when you were trying to sleep.

Oh, and here's the kicker. My father tells you he worries when you come home late, he knows you're an "adult" but you have to follow our family's rules. You leave all day and it's almost 12 AM, my father calls you and clearly in irritation, tells you not to come home, and boom, that's when all hell broke loose with you. Awkward family dinners, silence, abruptly leaving, not cleaning your dish, not wanting to spend time with the family anymore. The moment you said you didn't want to go with us anywhere when you used to want to go with us everywhere, that's when I knew, I knew, that you didn't want to be with us anymore.

Your car granted you more freedom to do whatever you wanted. But instead of doing what you were intending and specifically said you were going to do here, you recklessly did whatever the heck you wanted because you're an "adult" and no one can tell you what to do anymore.

My father slaved in work each and every day paying off his debt to you and my older half-sister. We hardly had time to spend as a family because he worked constantly. He expected much more of you. But then you decide to leave him, and not even say goodbye. Just get up and leave without a single goodbye to even your siblings. What kind of brother are you? And you said you "loved" your little sister. Psh, more lies spewed out.

It hurt me, really to see you just get up and walk out without even a goodbye. I knew you wouldn't even have bothered to say goodbye to us if you didn't see us. And the last words you say to your father is "By the way, I got a job interview." After all that he's done for you, that's all you can muster out. Pathetic. As for your precious, mother, how dare she say no wonder her kids don't love their father. How dare she. She just poured venom in my wound when I heard her say that. She does not know my father. She poured lies into her children's heads that he is the worst man in the world. Why? What is her vendetta for?

Dearest, half-brother I hope you could see through that foggy mask of impudence and selfishness you currently have. I hope one day you can learn that your father has done so much for you before it's too late. I hope you finally decide to make something of yourself instead of having mommy send you money. I hope you'll one day be able to get over this silly issue over my father telling you not to come home because you deliberately disobeyed his rules instead of holding this ridiculous grudge on him over something that is clearly your own fault. I've learned from this experience. I've learned that age doesn't make maturity. It's experience that does.

I'm sorry brother, I do forgive you, but please don't say you love me until you prove it. And as for missing you, maybe, but in all honesty, disappointment was all that ran through my mind.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.