Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Knowing that we all love being INFP (right?), and wouldn't change, the fact is that it would just be fun to see what it would be like to be another type. So what other types would you like to try out?

For me, I'd like to try them all, but for the top of my list:

I get jealous of ENFJs cause people love them so much, so I'd like to try that out. I just want to be loved! (Wow, I'm INFP...) But also I just find them interesting people and I like talking to them a lot. Unfortunately, the feeling never seems very mutual. *is sad*

I'd also like to try ESTP, cause they're my duo, and that's about it.

I also think it would be boring but fascinating to be ISFJ because they're the most average. To be normal for a day!

ENTP - Manipulating and charming seems like fun *mwahahaha*

·
Banned
780 Posts
I'd be an estj or istj to experience what it's like to be "normal".

Reactions: hood

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I would peg ISTJs as more of the stereotypical normal person, but I suppose ISFJ works also.
I would probably want to be either of those types for a certain amount of time only because the prospect of leading with Si and having inferior Ne is odd for me.
Also, Fe-dom types might be the best at manipulating people perhaps.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Why not go for ESTP? I'd never want to permanently change myself, but if it's just to try something new, ESTP sounds like a good type to sample. It's about as different from INFP as you can get, and they seem to be a lot of fun.

It's difficult to pick just one, though. Honestly, if it were possible, I'd love to experience life from as many perspectives as possible.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would peg ISTJs as more of the stereotypical normal person, but I suppose ISFJ works also.
I suppose, since its important for them to be normal, but I think od ISFJ as the average because they are the most common type at over 13%

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If you want to be more normal, consider your gender. If you're a woman, "F".. man "T". But ESFJ and ESTJ and most of the SP types also do a pretty good "normal"

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I suppose, since its important for them to be normal, but I think od ISFJ as the average because they are the most common type at over 13%
Meh,...I'm not sure about the statistics...

I think that ISJs might be seen as the stereotypical normal/average person because they're least apt to stray from what's expected, accepted, or learned and the least likely to question(I think) as Si-dom types. Now that I think about it, ISFJ seems like it might be the classic, submissive stay-at-home mom while the ESTJ seems like the classic father who goes out to put bread on the table and whose main focus is promotions and the such.

.../end posts taking the type-switch thread too seriously :mellow:

Reactions: caraez

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meh,...I'm not sure about the statistics...

I think that ISJs might be seen as the stereotypical normal/average person because they're least apt to stray from what's expected, accepted, or learned and the least likely to question(I think) as Si-dom types. Now that I think about it, ISFJ seems like it might be the classic, submissive stay-at-home mom while the ESTJ seems like the classic father who goes out to put bread on the table and whose main focus is promotions and the such.

.../end posts taking the type-switch thread too seriously :mellow:
That's a pretty good insight - I think I'd agree with that. Would that make ISFJ the 'norm' for my (female) gender after all? Or perhaps ISTJ is the way to go. Considering this:

If you want to be more normal, consider your gender. If you're a woman, "F".. man "T". But ESFJ and ESTJ and most of the SP types also do a pretty good "normal"
it would be ISFJ.

And don't worry, I love discussing unimportant things way too in depth.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ENTJ. Get shit done WHILE being organized and methodical about it? How cool is that?

Any type of S. Probably an introverted one. I'd want to try Si and Se. I'm curious to see how I'd go about things and I'd want to experience for myself the "Jesus, seriously?" reaction of listening to Ns talk.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I were to try being another type... ENFP -love those guys, INTP -I'm pretty close to it anyways, or INTJ -something about that type...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wouldn't branch out too far from INFPdom.. I'd most likely try to be an ENFP. They look like they're having fun! (Disclaimer - Not to say we INFPs don't) :]

·
Registered
751 Posts
I would give the INFJ a shot, just for a difference in flavour. Plus the Ni interests me a lot.

Otherwise I would choose INTP because having Ti seems much more interesting than Te, or have the best of both and be an INTJ, settling for Te again but being a damn good thinker in the process.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ENTJ - Being a methodical, sexy badass
ESTP/ESTJ - Very interesting to see my dual, plus the typical alpha male (or is that ESTJ?), "normal"

Really any NT because I am almost invariably attracted to them. Also, would be great to see for once how they think. Kind of scary, but at the same time, fascinating.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts