Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you write a script for a film, what would your script be about? What genre would it fall under and which celebrities would you want to act in your film?

Example, I would write about a woman who struggles with social anxiety disorder and contemplates many times giving up on her dream of being a teacher. The setting would take place in a foreign country where she would have to learn a new language and gain the respect of the locals, especially her students. In the end, her perseverence would be rewarded. My film would be based on a true story and hopegully inspirational. I would want Sandra Bullock to play the main character.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
I had half a movie script typed up somewhere about a woman helping treat some mentally ill guy--I think it was either schizophrenia or anti-social disorder that he had, I don't remember. She was using Horse Whisperer-like techniques (complete with the horses) that turned him around where the more "traditional" techniques wouldn't. It was a long time ago I had the idea, I wish I knew what happened to it.

Another story I'd want to do is a true story about a doberman (or perhaps a pit bull), to tackle that dobermans-as-evil-dogs stereotype. Maybe one about being put down (or being saved from being put down) for a bite that wasn't serious, really emphasize how breed has very little to do with aggression. Real tear-jerker thing.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy turned into a movie or three. Something about that series seemed picturesque and dramatic enough for a film. His other books don't quite have the cohesive storyline to carry them, but those ones I can almost see the scenes in my head.

As for actors <shrug> I don't know them well enough to say who would be best for what.

·
Registered
322 Posts
as an INFJ who has a big dream of becoming a filmmaker in the future, I have lots of ideas in my head.

my films all have to contain something meaningful or are based on real life experiences, like making people realising something which seems insignificant but actually it is significant, or maybe giving people hope.

here's one of the ideas: an anti-social and lonely teenage guy who has lost both of his parents. as a quiet surrounding-observer, he notices every little thing in every corner of his eyes. he notices people's pain, people's happiness, the way people express their anger and etc. but nobody notices his, he is like an invisible kid. he decides to keep a journal so that he can write down every emotion that he feels and hoping that 1 day someone will discover this journal and understand him. as he gets older, he gets a girlfriend. he is happy that he finally found someone who he can love and open up to. but his girlfriend never knows that he keeps a journal. one day he gets into an accident. his girlfriend as someone who he loves from the bottom of his heart but he doesn't have a chance to continue to live. in the last few minutes of his life, he tells her about his most valuable thing that he keeps - the journal, and that is the most amazing gift that he is able to give his girlfriend on their first anniversary.

haven't chosen actors yet!

·
Banned
627 Posts
he gets a girlfriend. he is happy that he finally found someone who he can love and open up to. but his girlfriend never knows that he keeps a journal. one day he gets into an accident. his girlfriend as someone who he loves from the bottom of his heart but he doesn't have a chance to continue to live. in the last few minutes of his life, he tells her about his most valuable thing that he keeps - the journal, and that is the most amazing gift that he is able to give his girlfriend on their first anniversary.

haven't chosen actors yet!
this part of the story sounds really interesting. maybe his girlfriend could have had a mission she didn't get to complete, and he learns of this from reading her journal. He could accomplish her mission for her, and give a heart-felt speech at a banquet celebrating the success of the completed mission.

I have the girlfriend and boyfriend characters turned around.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I've thought of doing adaptations of modernist novels such as Franz Kafka's "America"

Also, I'm writing a graphic novel about an older man who's read too many comic books/graphic novels and believes that he's meant to be super hero; he's a trust fund guy so he's really rich and really really bored, never married, and facing a midlife crisis. It's kinda inspired by "Don Quixote" which obviously is one of my favorite novels--the user name, I'm sure kinda gave it away.

I've thought of writing something inspired by "The Stanford Prison Experiment"

I also thought of this story about a young woman in her early thirties, who, spent her entire adolescent to adult life, crippled with agoraphobia, but not long after her dad dies (her mom had already died), she falls in love with a friendly neighbor, and that gives her the impetus to get over her anxiety issues, and go out there and do things, and not be limited by her fears and anxieties. She wants nothing more than to be normal, so that the guy can fall in love with her; it takes her time to realize that she's becoming something "Better than Normal", which would be the title of the film...........................................................................................................................

Reactions: Aizar

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Another story I'd want to do is a true story about a doberman (or perhaps a pit bull), to tackle that dobermans-as-evil-dogs stereotype. Maybe one about being put down (or being saved from being put down) for a bite that wasn't serious, really emphasize how breed has very little to do with aggression. Real tear-jerker thing.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy turned into a movie or three. Something about that series seemed picturesque and dramatic enough for a film. His other books don't quite have the cohesive storyline to carry them, but those ones I can almost see the scenes in my head.

I think that would be so awesome if you went with the doberman idea. We had a doberman when I was a kid; his name was Big Boy, and I was so sad when he had to be put to sleep, I think because he had been hit by a car. I was a little kid; I never felt threatened by that dog I just loved him.

Reactions: Aizar

·
Registered
541 Posts
A script I have that is 90% finished and is about a wise, lovable, elderly man who is in hospital in a big city. His dying wish is to be taken home to the remote island where he lived until his illness brought him to the hospital some months previously. His eccentric sister and quiet grandson(INFJ :) ) decide to take him home, convincing a nurse to assist them. We follow their journey to the island. Along the way there are flocks of sheep, jealous doctors, police chases, sinking boats and romance. Will he get to see his home one last time? Will his accomplices survive the journey!? Trying to make it a drama, rom-com but I'm lacking in the rom-com area and that is what the remaining 10% re-write needs to inject. The grandson and nurse are going to get it on, or are they...only the sequel will tell!! ha.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I'd write about some guy accidentally sent back in time to protect the egyptians against the "plagues" and the inadvertent effect of that on the jews/history

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
A sci-fi for younger people with the idea of revived humans being labelled as 'zombies' and having a lot of prejudice against them as they're seen as unnatural. It would follow the story of a girl who is desperate to go back to her normal life, but can't stop people hating her for having been revived after a car accident.
She suffer a lot (such as her parents disowning her and her best friend turning against her) before meeting a guy who's planning to take down the director of the revival program (to stop any more 'zombies' being made and to stop their suffering) and wants her help - as she's a 'zombie' and he isn't. At the end, she has the choice to shoot the director, but chooses not to as she sees the ideal is good, but it's the people in the society who have made it bad.

Or something like that...

Reactions: Zech

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm also an aspiring filmmaker and all of my scripts tend to be about people and their interactions with one another, or people who feel stuck in a certain place, people who feel misunderstood, people who are craving adventure, or people who need love.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts