Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
...and I've known him for several years, and discussed the topic of opinion towards the subject of hugs, and he knows I enjoy hugs and they are part of my natural expression, and I know they aren't particularly uncomfortable for him even if a bit awkward, and I've asked permission in advance so it's not a surprise, he will tolerate a hug upon greeting and one upon farewell.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
There will always be that slight bit of awkwardness from an INTP when I lean in to give him a hug. However, I seem to have the magic touch to make him feel warm and welcome after the one second awkwardness. All the INTPs guys I had dated or am friends with surrender and sigh into my embraces. :) In other words, I give INTPs heartbeats via my hugs.

Reactions: RestlessCryptid

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Needs to be less startled. Less emotion in the eyes.

Needs the expressionless face that still somehow says "This is physically, mentally, and metaphysically hurting the very core of my atoms."

·
Registered
386 Posts
Expect to be hit or scratched in some unusual way. A guy at school poked me in the side the other day. I threw a water bottle at him and it broke on the side of his head. I had to tell him like 99 times not to touch me though....

If I want to be pet, I'll come to you-much like a cat actually. The only person I'd feel good about receiving a hug from would be someone I was in love with.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Needs to be less startled. Less emotion in the eyes.

Needs the expressionless face that still somehow says "This is physically, mentally, and metaphysically hurting the very core of my atoms."
I don't hate being hugged that much. My sister sometimes hugs me and most of the times I just stand there. Sometimes I pet her on the head. Although with her it's more of a protest against unannounced hugs than that I'm actually that awkward.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I'm an INTP and if someone would want to hug me, I wouldn't really care and just go with it because it's socially acceptable. As long as the person isn't ugly or a suspect of someone that would stick a knife into my back. My nerdy INTJ friend on the other hand avoided it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
...they'll be very confused if you are a stranger. Though, if you are a good friend then they'll certainly hug you back awkwardly and pat your shoulder.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
Everytime I receive a hug, I can feel the spiritual daggers piercing through my spine. it could be warm... it could be cold... it really depends on the temperature of the persons' hands.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, my first reaction is to stiffen like a board, when I realize that they're hugging me, just for a slight moment I think about returning the unrequited emotion... then realize its a waste of time and their affection has been duly noted. I then proceed to continue being a board until they are finished, and listen to them laugh about how its either very strange, different, hilarious, and sometimes on occasion, "You know you like it.", and not to say they're wrong but I can't say I am too happy about it.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts