Tags
give intp
27K views 127 replies 112 participants last post by  Alice Alipheese 
#1 ·
Finish the sentence,

If you give an INTP a hug...

#3 ·
she'd fall asleep in your arms.

(sleepy intp -> sleepiness melts away the hug-repelling barrier. Takes away my resistance. It's like, whatever, do what you want to me, I shall enact my revenge anyway by making you feel obliged to bear the weight of my motionless limp body) :bored:

#6 ·
If you gave an INTP a hug, then it was was probably in your imagination because INTPs such as I would have kicked you in your testicles or ovaries and then you'd die. Realistically, I'd probably be stunned for a few seconds and then suddenly remember that I'm being socially awkward by not reciprocating, so I'd subsequently give an awkward hug back. :wink:

#14 ·
She will hug you back, but with a tad bit of reluctance. But she will appreciate it. :proud:

#16 ·
If you are running toward an INTP with your arms outstretched, they might sidestep you at the very last moment so you end up hugging a random person behind them. Or the wall. Hopefully the former, 'cause running into a wall will hurt.

#28 ·
I'm not sure exactly how you meant it, but my why would be much more of a curious why, as opposed to an indignant one.

#24 ·
When I can see someone getting that goofy "I'm going too hug you" body language, I step slightly to the side so that I can perform my "air hug" I will touch the left upper half of my body to the right upper half of theirs. I then wrap my left arm around them with out touching them so that I may tap them twice on the back. Usually they are so put off my this they won't do it again.

#30 ·
If standing, then receiving a hug from someone that I haven't seen in a while is nice... but they have to initiate (it's very rare that I do).
If in a car, I feel extremely awkward and uhhh... close to them and start thinking either how close we are, what I can feel on my body, how awkward this is, etc
If someone is upset and I really care about them, I usually just stare at them or look away completely and don't hug them. =/
If it's a stranger or someone that I barely know, I will avoid the hug, or stand there like I'm frozen until they let go.

The thing is though, that when hugging for real and when it's mutual, it's one of the best feelings ever. It just makes me feel more human.

#31 ·
I have an INTP I hope to give big hugs to when we meet one day. Hope he's ready! He says he's looking forward to it!

Reactions: AstralVagabond
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.