Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And you could only do one thing. And you were not allowed to change anything. And afterwards you would have to return to your own time thing. Or else the universe would implode on itself and destroy everything, including the nothingness, and all chocolate ever made.

You don't want to do that.

What would you do?

I would travel to about the middle of the 18th century, and read Emily Brontës second novel before her silly sister had the time to, rumour has it, burn it. Apparently she was doing it to save Emily from the harsh, contemporary critics who hurt her a lot over Wuthering Heights. #INFJs

(No, I'm kidding. I love INFJs.)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
This might sound insignificant, but I would go to Woodstock 1969.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
I say *bad* things about Wuthering Heights in here. I'll hide it for fans of the story, so feelings might not be hurt.

Wuthering Heights is an awful story.

Time machine for me and into the Future I go! Oh... let's say 100 years forward, then 500, then 1000, then 5000. I'd look around, observe, then return to present time (too much here I love to give the present up for good).

The past is the past.. sorry, not interested. :p

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
If I could spend about 5 years hanging out and not manage to change or upset anything, that in itself would be a feat. I think it would be awesome to experience the music scene of 1966 to 1971. I would go to San Franscisco, Germany, Britain, Detroit, Los Angeles, maybe New York, Nashville... try to catch as many good shows that i could. That would be so amazing!!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'd get an oxygen tank and go back to the beginning of time. That would satisfy a lot of curiosities...:cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
i would travel 500 years into the future, peek out, and check if humans were still around.

but i suppose coming back would alter things, hmmm...

Reactions: MikeTheKnife

·
Banned
190 Posts
If I could only go briefly, I'd probably check out Çatalhöyük around eight thousand years ago. With a population of 10000 it would qualify as a town, today, but way back when this was the big city, Mac. It was a complex of square mudbrick houses clumped together tightly with no space in between, like some sort of cubist beehive.

If I could go for a few years I'd travel to around the turn of the century. I would learn violin, and get a job playing it on the Titanic. I'd accompany the musicians who played while the ship sank. At the last moment I'd return to the present, shouting "So long, suckers!" or something to that affect. I'd also take some fancy silverware with me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
not wodostock necessarily but i'd there are a few musicans id love to see live who atm are a bit on the dead side so would be less than entertaining (got very close with one had a ticket for the tour that got cancelled, others died before my birth so i had no chance)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
This is a hard question.

I think maybe I'd like to see Shakespeare's plays debut live at 'The Rose', or 'Globe' theatres.

The other idea would be to go back in time and watch myself waddling around as a toddler. I think that would be surreal to see live. Or maybe even see my parents as kids.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since I'm not allowed to change anything, I would go back in time, hide somewhere, and watch my first kiss. But I'd hate for anyone to discover I was watching -- that would be really difficult to explain.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I would go back in time - let's say, ancient egypt- to claim myself as "The man-god from the distant future'', using smartphones and stuff to impress others.

It would eventually lead me to a role as a ruler, where I would start a new world order, where Earth is taken as a home for all mankind, abolishing the notion of countries and kingdoms . I would use my gadgets to advance science, health and education.

This would make humans steer away from the notion of religion, making the knowledge center around the human beings as a specie.

And this would make us go to space by 500 A.D.

Eventually, we would be a spacefaring civilization.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would travel into the future and see what I would be like as an old woman. Would I be married? Would he have died before me? Would I have kids whom I have taken care of and who would take care of me? Would I have grandchildren? Would I be remembered as someone who was more accomplished at an old age than what I am now? What is the new age like?

·
Registered
59 Posts
3 March, 2pm, 1997. I would stop myself from attending my IT class and therefore stop the subsequent chain of events.

Or, I would justb go back to around 1993 and restart high school as an entirely different person...

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
So many things come to mind but if it could only be one thing I would like to be there when Jesus met with the apostles again after He was crucified & resurrected.

Reactions: INFPGuy

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'd want to meet **** habilis and neanderthals and the first **** sapiens. I would love to understand how the universe came to be but I don't think a time machine would help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts