Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say all this theory is somewhat accurate and mbti is close to understanding our cognitive functioning and you could, or were forced to change your brain. Regardless of any of that, if you could change your "type", what would you change it to? And why? I'm not saying you have to be unhappy with your type, but I'm curious to see what we kind of wish we were.

For me, I'd have to say ESTP or ENTP. I hate being stuck in my head, and hate being unable to live in the present, so ESTP for those reasons. I envy dominant Se users to a degree. I also hate thinking constantly of what I should be doing and doing nothing most of the time.

Reactions: Creatic and Aldys

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I think I would choose to become a Se or Te dom. I feel like I'm somewhat cheating if I pick ESTP since I already have a very similar function stack, so I'll go for ESTJ. Life would probably be easier as an SJ anyway.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,510 Posts
ISTP, hands down. They're so damn cool.
^ I'm torn between this and ENTJ.

As an ISTJ I relate much more to the ISTP and basically consider them the badass version of my type. But ENTJ tend to be on the wealthy/successful side, very decisive and stable, which is what I want. It's like both these types represent what I could be if I got rid of my anxiety and self-doubt.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
ISTP, which is a little funny considering I probably am one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
^ I'm torn between this and ENTJ.

As an ISTJ I relate much more to the ISTP and basically consider them the badass version of my type. But ENTJ tend to be on the wealthy/successful side, very decisive and stable, which is what I want. It's like both these types represent what I could be if I got rid of my anxiety and self-doubt.
Yeah, I'm only a letter apart from ISTP, but they're such an enigma to me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm fine the way I am. I don't find Se doms particularly interesting or even worth listening to for too long. And there is also the fact that a lot of annoying people I knew were ES*P types.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Wish I was more ENTP. Good ramblers, I would like to be a better rambler. It's a skillset I can ofc practice, meh, too lazy for it.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
ENTJ, wouldn't mind having that commanding instinct that ENTJ have

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I'd like to be an ISTJ. I have worked with a few and I am impressed by the exactness of the sense impressions that they hold in their minds. A major factor that holds me back from being more decisive is that my memories are usually too vague for me to trust anything that comes out of them. It shouldn't make a difference strictly speaking, but Si-doms tend to be much better about this sort of thing.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,469 Posts
"Why daydream/imagine all day?" (Put said judging-functions to work).

Jung himself, said that such biological 'fluctation(s)' can occur in certain developmental-phases; which gives me the impression that it can be augmented to some degree.

Let's have a (scentific breakthrough) via geneticism/biology. Since such augmentation is possible via other outlets of medicine; let's make it happen within personality-theory, shall we?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Probably ESTP, I'd love to get things done sometimes.
Thats 2 this week:blushed:, as a male estp you get a lot of attention from women but trust me as it gets old real quick. Some days I wish I could just go on vacation to a beach with a corona in hand and just watch the waves. Unfortunately women ruin that for me lol.

Reactions: Drecon

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Some kind of Se dom, preferably ESTP. They don't have moral dilemmas and just get shit done.
Haha true, have a job interview Wednesday. Let's hope I don't end up in hr on my first day.

Reactions: Aldys

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I guess INTJ but I'm kind of on the border between INTP and INTJ so that wouldn't be much of a change.

If I had to make a bigger change...I guess ISTP seems the least worse.

·
Banned
601 Posts
INFJ, I do admire the mystical-ism that comes from them, and how they help other people, when I cannot (or incapable would be more accurate) do so myself. But I am also very happy being INTJ myself, cognitively speaking.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts