Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To any INFP who's taken the test more than once, do you find that your INFP-ness goes up and down according to where you are in your head/life at the time?

I've taken the test a couple of times, a few months between each, and I've noticed that my results in terms of percentages always vary (with the exception of intuition, which is permanently at 100% apparently :unsure: ). If it was just a small gap of 5% or something I wouldn't really notice so much, but the jump seems to be quite noticeable (about 15-20%).

I first thought it may be to do with us and our 'dark' and 'light' sides, but maybe it's more related to a specific emotion, like stress ect...

So, I was just wondering if anyone else had this, and if so, do you notice any correlation between the result and how you were feeling at the time?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
You know, personality tests in general tend to be inaccurate and better at providing just a snapshot approximating where you are in exactly the moment in time that you take them rather than giving an accurate portrayal of personality. To understand where you are in a personality theory, you really just have to understand the theory.

In a different time in my life, I most frequently scored INFJ. Now a lot of tests give me INFJ, ENFP, or INTP results.

Reactions: AutumnMarieGrey

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
it is effected my your mood, but the result you get when you're when you in emotionally stable state is generally more accurate, i was sad and i tested as a ESFP once..

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I've taken the test quiet a few times and got INFP every single time.

What changed mainly was E/I and T/F - I've taken a few different ones and few of the same but each time the Introverted has gotten slightly higher but it sometimes just depends on the question itself, I will sometimes answer things quick or other times I'll start thinking deeply about it and all the possible situations which probably has a majour effect, other times I wish I could pick mutiple answers if it ain't a Agree/disagree test.
I ain't to sure what mood of mine effects E/I but I do know when I'm stressed, depressed, Fed up or angry I get very cynical and if I'm taking a test at those moments my T result is really high, at one point I had 55% F.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
My scores are always consistent every time, regardless of which version of the test I am taking, what I am feeling, or any other factor. I tend to be very certain of all categories, just as I was the first time I ever took the Keirsey version of the test, back when I was fifteen.

There is no doubt that I am an extreme INFP.

Reactions: AutumnMarieGrey

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no, I'm not saying my actual type changes. I've been an INFP since the first time I've taken the test, and have never been told any differently, but my Fi result, for example, changes each time I take the test. I've noticed that when I'm more focused on developing myself as person, my Fi suddenly shoots up, and when I've had to finalise a set of decisions my perceiving function goes down.

·
Registered
15,664 Posts
Interesting question you ask. I almost always stay near 100% introvert. However... I have just spent 30 minutes sifting through 2 year old posts to find the cognitive test I took where as I was Fi first then Ti second! Crazy, I thought. I can't find that darn post but maybe I was in a different *mood* as you say or the test was weird.

06-06-2010, 02:38 PM

introverted Feeling (Fi)********************************************** ***********(57.5)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne)**************************************** (40.9)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni)**************************************** (40.5)
excellent use

introverted Sensing (Si)****************************** (30.6)
good use

extraverted Sensing (Se)************************ (24.9)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe)******************** (20.9)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti)************** (14.3)
unused

extraverted Thinking (Te)********** (10.2)
unused

10-23-2010, 09:18 PM

introverted Feeling(Fi)*************************************** ********************** (61.5)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting(Ne)************************************* **(39)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting(Ni)************************************* * (38.6)
excellent use
introverted Sensing(Si)***************************(27.5)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)************************ (24.9)
average use
extraverted Sensing (Se)********************** (22.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti)************* (13.2)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te)************(12.2)
unused

Ahhh.. I just found that crazy post!

01-12-2010, 08:04 AM

When I took the MMDI it had a high Ti
Type Dynamics Results
Fi - 30
Ti - 29
Ni - 27
Ne - 20
Si - 15
Se - 8
Fe - 6
Te - 5

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I score INTP most often, but T/F is always veeery close. Second most score is INFP, still with a close T/F. P/J is the third aspect to vary, but in more recent years I consistently test moderately high on P. I've never scored anything but INTP, INFP, or INFJ on a test. I & N are always high.

Tests are really just good for a starting point, IMO. A lot of it depends on how the test is written also; is this the same test, or different ones?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts