Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! I've recently moved to college and have seen a huge difference from how I was in the past. I've normally typed myself as INTP but the older I seem to get the less certain I am of that. So let me begin by saying I know I'm a Ne dominant. The way the function is described fits with I tend to think. I've come across people on here talking about how ENxP's can be social loners. That'd fit. I'm usually talkative and don't mind being the center of attention. I can relate to bothe ENTP and ENFP. I wish I could be both. I'm not overly warm but I can describe my emotions pretty damn well. I guess I have a stigma of male Feelers to be not so masculine. Funny thing is people also have told me how I can be rational/logical/cold/a d-bag (okay that last one's from an ISFP friend). That was kind of jumbled thoughts coming out. It'd be great to hear other's thoughts. I've come to belief that I definately not INTP, really nothing seems to fit when I actually look at myself as a full person. I realize the reason I was shy in High School was that I lacked a lot of confidence to just not care what people think. So since I was shy in my past I just assumed I was an introvert. Well, as the length of this post shows, I often will not shut up. I going to try that now. Any kind of comments are welcome.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
lets see ...

ENTPs are usually verbally quick, require more stimulation and interaction with the environment therefore you may find them outdoors more often rather than sitting at home, this extraverted interaction does not have to involve other people as unlike F-type extraverts they are no that people oriented and you may find them outside tinkering with various gadgets in loneliness. Like other N-dominant types they usually have no problem flipping dichotomies around and probably secretly believe that both sides of a dichotomy being true or at least granted validity is probably the best model for the world. They usually have no trouble switching meaning on words. Very responsive and drawn to the weird in their environment. Are usually preoccupied with making things click together into a single model.

To contrast the INTPs - usually socially slower, rare to initiate contract, respond to their environment as way of interacting rather than initiate conversation, for example an INTP may be prompted to answer your questions but less frequently prompted to bring up a new topic for discussion, usually spend more time at home in environment that is familiar to them, to N-dominant types they may seem kind of slower but that may be my Ni-biased perspective, Ni and Ti seem to annoy each other so whenever my Ni is showing Ti grinds to a halt and whenever I have to process information put forth by Ti-dominant then I have to slow down my thinking. Like all people dominant in judging function they are more prone to take a model and pull it apart into pieces, judge the pieces, rank them, rather than combine pieces into one whole like N-dominant types do. Socially also colder than ENTPs as their expression of feeling is often limited to being polite with other people, whereas I have seen ENTPs call to group unity, people respecting each other, that sort of thing in time of conflict. Rare for an INTP to step up in such situation and express such feelings. They also can react more strongly and more defensively than ENTPs to anyone who points out that they are lacking in the feeling department. I get a sense that they are more honest than ENTPs and that lying and pretense and saying things that aren't true just isn't their cup of tea thus usually more relaxing to be around.

·
Registered
52 Posts
there is a difference between personality types that can be the center of attention and those that HAVE to be the center of attention to function in a social setting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts