Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you meet someone who looks exactly like you in a crowded street in a very close proximity ?
what would you assume?/how would you act/react?
would you doubt yourself saying....
-wait.. this can't be .... maybe this is just a dream.
-Its probabbly my imagination
-I mustn't seen him properly

OR

would you :rolleyes: and probabbly this is possible but never mind and then then walkaway.

OR

Would you actually try to interact with him/her ?
Try to point out the fact that we look the same

I got this idea when shuffling through numerous dating advice videos. The women in one of those videos said something that went something "like would you be interested to chat with someone like you? would you just jump onto him/her?"

just to create the aura of the setting.
10.jpg

·
Registered
INTP
5,221 Posts
I'd say, exactly, "Oi! Hah, alreet! What you doing in Leeds?!"

I have a twin brother already though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say, exactly, "Oi! Hah, alreet! What you doing in Leeds?!"

I have a twin brother already though.
Is Alreet his name, your twin brothers?

what if you are sure he isn't your twin brother say he's dressed funny or something?

·
Registered
INTP
5,221 Posts
Is Alreet his name, your twin brothers?

what if you are sure he isn't your twin brother say he's dressed funny or something?
Haha no 'alreet' is a way of saying 'hello' in the north of England. Urban Dictionary: alreet

It's basically 'alright/you all right?/hello'

Although to be honest the 'L' is silent where I'm from so it's more like 'a-reet!'.

If it was my exact clone I'd probably approach with caution, stare for a moment then say, "You look exactly like me."

If he replied in a style and manner much like myself, I'd probably have a panic attack.

If he replied in the style and manner of a different person, I'd feel more safe in the knowledge that he was just a person who looked exactly like me.

It's worth noting that he would also be just as shocked as me about the whole situation, so we'd just ride it out together.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I'd avoid them. This reminds me of my high school counseling center where there was a mirror in the lobby that was about the dimensions of a human body. When you stood in front of it, the words "would you hire this person" appeared. I hated that fucking mirror, because I knew was a reprobate and anarchist and there was no way I'd hire that fucker knowing what I know about him. I'm just glad others can't the mental gears.

·
Spam-I-am
13,667 Posts
i would commit suicide by taking out my dopple ganger
i would say ''this planet ain't big enough for the two of us, say yer prayers v'bob's ''
then make him squeal like the fuck pig he really is
then bust a cap between his beady little eyes

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've been wondering if I'd try go gay if I had an exact replica of myself, like a clone, same body, dna, personality. Not that I think I'm super hot but you know it would just be myself I was fucking. I'm giving myself handjobs ever so often so why not fuck myself as well.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have prosopagnosia so I probably wouldn't realize. And if I did I would have to take a mirror to make sure they are not just someone with similar hairstyle.

After confirming that I would probably get curious, come to them and say: "Is something wrong with my eyes or we look awfully similar?". If they also had the same clothes style as me I would start the talk saying "Are you imitating me or is it the other way around? LOL". Then I would want to investigate if we are related. Maybe she was adopted and my parents hide my twin sister existence from me? It could be possible.
^ at least this is what I did theoretically

In practice however I would probably just stare at her for a while and then go away. With so many people in the world everyone must have a few doppelgängers.

In fact I already met two in my life, not my own though.
A junior classmate of my was awfully similar with a German girl we met at school exchange (fun part - the junior and the German girl were each other host and guest during the exchange, I am not sure if it was coincidence though). There was literally no difference when they were standing right next to each other aside from eye color - one had brown, the other hazel-green eyes. I had to pay attention to that detail so I won't speak Polish to the German girl or the other way around.
But again - considering my prosopagnosia they might not be so similar(although usually I see more differences when people stand next to each other). They simply were same height, hairstyle, haircolor and shape of face.

Come to think of it I did see my own "doppelgänger". It was also in Germany. But I only seen a photo on her. I looked at a photo in my host room and wondered "Why does she have my photo? Wait. It can't be my photo. I don't recognize the surroundings and I don't wear that kind of clothes". It was a photo of my hosts friend. And as I stared at the photo some longer and compared it to my mirror reflexion I recognized some slight differences in facial features too.

·
Registered
545 Posts
This has happened to me. I moved as far away from them as I could. It just seemed bizarre. I don't like standing near people wearing the same shirt or coat as me either. I have no logical explanation for why I react this way.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
I once moved to a new town (small town of ~30k) people. People kept greeting me as though they new me. One day I was sitting in a restaurant having lunch in a booth and a woman came and sat herself down across from me and started talking like she knew me. She was calling me "Richard".

This went on for a couple of years. On another occasion later, I was sitting in another restaurant and I noticed this guy sitting at another table. I kept thinking to myself that he looked familiar. I finally realized that he looked familiar because he looked like me. I realized this was probably the guy I was being confused with in town. I went over to talk to him and I asked him, ... "Is your name, Richard?" His response in humor was ... "It depends, who wants to know?"

He wasn't an exact duplicate of me, but he was close enough that I picked up on it and I'm sure it would have freaked my mom out, if she had seen him.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I would be seriously intrigued. I'd say hello to them, ask them if they want to go for a coffee, and attempt to extract information about them. If I find that they're good or we're on the same wavelength, I'd ask to keep in contact with them.

Reactions: yerma

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd yell: "No! You're not me!" then watch in horror as they transformed into a huge eldritch monstrosity whose powers and appearance are based on symbolism to my own internal fears and insecurities and start slaughtering random teenagers who are trying to fight it by wielding medieval weapons for some reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts