Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this forum we're always trying to type various artists/famous people. If you were famous, do you think that we'd be able to type you through looking at the way you interview/appear to be to others?

I think I might be mistyped as either an ENFP or ENFJ because at times I subconsciously try to hide my introversion to make others feel a little more comfortable (I'm aware that being outgoing/open are not definite cues to extraversion but a lot of posters on here tend to use those as cues). Although, if it was some sort of group interview (ala Graham Norton Show) I would probably be very reserved.

Edit: What did I just post? Hopefully, somebody can decode this sorry excuse for a post)

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
1,285 Posts
No. I'm not cut out for fame. Too much attention would make me do and say things I don't really feel reflect me very well. The constant cognitive pressure of having to be aware of the way I am portrayed in the media and otherwise would drive me bonkers. Hopefully I would be an artist of some kind so I could at least express myself that way, deprived of even those outlets then I would withdraw myself from the public eye in whatever way I could. It also depends on what, exactly, I would be famous for. If I was able to work on my personal confidence a little bit and I was able to create my own image and be accepted for it then yes, you would most likely be able to tell even if most of the rest of the planet thought I had gone off the deep end. Though I still wouldn't want fame. Too many people thinking they know you and having opinions about you without actually having the slightest clue about you as a person.

·
Registered
515 Posts
On this forum we're always trying to type various artists/famous people. If you were famous, do you think that we'd be able to type you through looking at the way you interview/appear to be to others?
The thought of celebrity-style fame...ugh. Maybe you'd be able to type me; my face gives things away, and putting on masks exhausts me. *sigh* Anyway, to answer your actual question, you probably would be able to type me, if you knew enough about the cognitive functions and MBTI. Maybe not hit the nail on the head, but you'd at least get introversion and feeling, I think.

...oh, and if you asked, I'd tell you. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
You tell me.
Would YOU be able to figure out my type, based off the fact I would get pissed at anyone- and I'm aiming this as the stereotypical journalists here - that would try and intrude on my privacy? The fact that I would be nervous, shaky and blush in interviews? That I would do those silly nervous laughs and make a complete idiot out of myself? And the fact that I would force myself to be slightly more extroverted with fans, just because I would feel their dedication deserved it. The fact that I would speedtalk my way through speeches...
Although knowing me and my obsession with personality types, I'd probably just tell people.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't really have a comment on the actual question, I have no clue what others would type me as. I don't even know what I type myself anymore...

But I just want to say that this question is awesome. It is one crazy backwards constructions of an idea... I love it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you read my memoir, it would be painfully obvious that I'm an INFP, as it makes ferocious use of Fi and Ne. You could type me if you have familiarity with the functions, but I might be mistaken for an INTP (usually) or ENFP if you met me in public.

Just watch this clip, and pretend you don't know:

Reactions: lirica

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't really have a comment on the actual question, I have no clue what others would type me as. I don't even know what I type myself anymore...

But I just want to say that this question is awesome. It is one crazy backwards constructions of an idea... I love it!

Thanks! HUG :proud:

Uncouth Angel - I would probably type you as some sort of I**J

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think I would get miss-typed as an INTJ or ENFP. I have certain walls that I build when I'm in public that account for the TJ change and if I'm actually out in public the I would need to be an E to make people happy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't know.. I think you might be able to type me correctly. Maybe mistake me as a T, or maybe even E, but I think you'd definitely get the N and the P.

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
I'd be a very reclusive famous person, the sort who doesn't make appearances or do interviews, so people would probably have to make conjectures on the basis of my work. If they were going on my writing, it most likely reeks of NF so I might be properly called an INFP. Apparently I come off as an NT in daily interaction though, so maybe people would assume INTP or INTJ. I don't want to be famous though. If I was a published novelist, I'd go with a pen name and never do signings xD

Reactions: refugee and lirica

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You would have a very hard time deciding between INFP and ENFP, because if I were famous it would be for something I love to do, and when I'm doing things I love my enneagram 7w6 kicks in and makes me appear much more extraverted than I really am.

Reactions: refugee
1 - 18 of 18 Posts