·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you think you were and why?

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
8w9. Though I'm definitely a 7 where it matters (core fear/neuroses), I relate more to the 8w9 type description in being patient and wanting peace, but setting up boundaries for myself or others, and guarding them. I recognized the bunker mentality, especially with people I don't trust or get a bad feeling from. Same deal with the intensity - I caught myself taking action to swat away pain, and love the body sensation of getting down into something, including conflict. I knew exactly what the type felt like physically when I read about it.

What cracked it was that I don't do all this right away, it always comes after thinking about it first. I do sometimes resort to these strategies, but they're off and on throughout the day. I am always, however, thinking. When things get bad, I tend to make bizarre assumptions and fail to act from scattered thinking than make poor decisions from acting without thinking at all, at least as a first strategy. When things are good, you're more likely to remember my ideas than my exertion on its own. When it comes down to it, I'm a realistic idealist.

A lot of it too is that the Self Pres 7 is not as high energy as the other two variants. When you take away the energy outward, the type becomes much different than most type descriptions depict. You don't really get a "free spirit" or "partier" 7, more of a practical, earthy one.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Have some 4w3 in me, so yeah. Mistyped as everything at some point in time 'cept an 8 (and even sometimes then there were doubts...).
Same here. I also mistyped on MBTI as an INTP, INFJ, and ENFP.

Reactions: Choice

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
560 Posts
cool! how? those use very different functions :D
It was before I learned about the cognitive functions. I was going by the 4-letter definitions, Keirsey style. Good to have clarity.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Never mistyped my core. Type 7 has always made sense to me and fits me really well, especially with the lines to 1 and 5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts