Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were not your personality type which top five personalities would you want to be and why? (all types welcome :))

I am an ENFP but if I wasn't...

1. INFJ - because usually INFJs are very interesting and deep people and have many interests and hobbies, many love music, art and I feel like it would be interesting being an INFJ because I think I would draw many people's attention on me because of the INFJ's natural mysterious aura.

2. ENTP- first of all, some of my best friends are ENTPs and I just love them. The ENTP is such a creative spirit full of just life and of natural love and just a never ending charge of energy and curiosity for the living experience. Plus it may be nice to be a T for a while just because looking at the world in a more rational way maybe would give my nervous system a bit of a break and I probably would have more cash right now cause being an ENFP of course I followed my heart and I don't earn a lot in my job (but I love it and I would not change it just to get more $$).

3. ESFP- cause the ESFP has a more light-hearted approach to life, although of course they can be in their feelings a lot too. I think at times the ENFP has that keen old-soul awareness and analysis of the world that at times can get heavy, so for me it would be ok to take a break from that, just for a while though ;). Plus I think ESFPs really have a blast in many contexts and many of the ones I know are very strong and individualistic (do you say that?) people.

4.INFP- I think ENFPs and INFPs have various points in common and I like their strong sense of self and artistic qualities that spark a love and a respect for the experience of life. I didn't put them first because I feel like at times there is to much unnecessary moodiness to the INFP and many of my INFP friends go through a lot of depression and mental health issues (just like ENFPs in the end) but I feel like, just based on my experience that the INFP duels in it more. I also feel, being and ENFP, that I would want to take more initiative and I see that the INFP is usually less action-oriented than the ENFP.

5.ESFJ- because they tend to be more relatable to other people in comparison to the ENFP, so it would be fun cause I feel I would be more wrapped into the social experiences, at times I feel like I don't fit in as well being an ENFP and I sense that many people don't relate to me much and feel like I'm just kinda in an unknown mysterious bubble ahahah. But I would actually never change that I love being myself

How about you?

·
Registered
15,133 Posts
Top 5

1. Infp
I guess we have similar functions and I do relate with knowing my identity and have internal values . I relate to the type quite much and tend to balance the same energy with an infp - considering the fact that I question if I’m an infp every once in a while - I will put it top on my list

2. Entp -
I relate a lot to entp due to being intuitive doms and big picture oriented I find myself very similar to the type . Many of the closest people to me in my life are entps and it tends to be instant connection bc they can catch on with my process of thinking and amusement from novelty or abstract . Also I always test entp- which amuses me but since I have many personal relationships with entp in real life and I understand the type best besides my own type I’ll go with entp in my second spot

3. Isfp - ah I cant think of much it’s the 3rd and last option that crossed my mind - mainly bc I have mistyped 2 isfp as enfp when I first started dabbling in typology where you see someone /character who’s similar to you

Can’t think of the next 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 ♍
167 Posts
Wanted to be ENFP or ESFP, but back then I didn't know about mbti.

If I would change my type suddenly, how absurd my previous life would look to me? My relatives possibly won't recognize me...

ENFP>ESFP>ENFJ>ISFP>INFJ

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,047 Posts
Probably an INFP because their functions are a lot like mine. I think I can also pull off ENTJ since my Te is starting to strengthen.

Se and Fe are really hard for me to envision being my first function so that leaves out ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, and ESTP. I think I would have a very hard time with Fe period so that would also leave off types that have it second slotted like INFJ or ISFJ.

I guess when I go cold and stressed I can become a lot like an ISTJ so my answer would be INFP, ENTJ, or ISTJ.

ENTP/INTP would have been on that list but Ti is hard to wrap around because my Te is very strong.

·
Super Moderator
7,717 Posts
Probably INFJ, because I like being myself - I like being an INFP. And I feel that INFJ and I tend to be similar. If I'm an INFJ it will mean I will still get to be a deep thinker, maybe I would even be a little more mysterious rather than an open book, who knows.

And on the days I think 'ignorance is bliss' and wish I wasn't such an over-thinker, being something like an ESFP or ESFJ would serve me well...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm an introvert myself so I prefer to other introvert types. I like each of these types because of the functions. Also, my relationships with these types have been more positive than negative so that influence my preferred orders as well. Again, just my opinion.

1. INFP - Very similar on the outside but they represent a strong pole. They stand firm in their beliefs and accepting of others, yet oblivious to the outside world and others people's feelings.
2. INTJ - I know very little about Te, but they are very straight-forward. They mind their own business. There's something about them I appreciate but can't pinpoint why.
3. ENFP - The Ne that can think of anything endless. Te is present but not overbearing like ExTJ. Their shadow function is the INFJ.
4. ISFJ - The details is very much appreciated. Like the INTJ, their communication is direct but the Fe stops them from being too blunt.
5. ISTP - Se is present but not overbearing like ESxP. I also like the Fe-inferior. ISTP is last because of their Ne-polr. I experienced Ne-polr from an ISFP and I did not like it.

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,194 Posts
I like my own type, so I don't think about this frequently.
In fact, sometimes I can't differentiate that well between myself and other types, due to balanced functions.

If I were another: I think I'd like living as an ISTJ for awhile. :)
For one, a reduction in ethical, spiritual, or emotional strain.
I tend not to take things at face value, investigating for deeper meaning, hidden intentions, or whatever else, that may not even exist in the first place.
This is most definitely one of my worst idealist habits, when taken too far. Like chewing nails, lol.

Perhaps I could accept life as is, without inventing additions to read into.
That, or craving some breed of holistic emotional satisfaction, or feeling restless at every turn.
Always pining after something "more interesting"; the veteran fire-that-can't-be-quenched.
This is also frustrating and, bluntly, kind of ridiculous. :/
You throw it fuel and it only swells in response.
Also, perhaps I would be more cautious about my safety, appreciate family tradition, etc.
My mother would relax a bit.

Other types... INTJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, ESFP might be taken for a spin. Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Depends on the stage in life I think?

Teens: ESFP/ENFP
Twenties: My type. INFJ. 20's were full of growth & building confidence/seeing my value.
Thirties+: ENTP or ESTP probably. They (older ones) seem to have the best balance of T & F, they're fun, and they dgaf about pretty much all the things.

I would pick INFP because I think how their brains work is beautiful, that Ne got me like :hearts:, but most that I know don't seem to see how amazing they are. A bit of a tortured soul. :unsure:

Also every type has so many great things about them that I admire. I think it would be fun to experience all of them, but those are my tops.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My brother is an INFJ so I know I act nothing like him. The other one is a disorganized INXP.

I did take one MBTI test out of twenty that I decided to just answer in the extremes only yes or no, I got ISTJ for the first time.

I guess I could be an ISTJ if I wasn't an INTJ.

Though ENTJ does fit too if I was more willing to enjoy being around people.

I would conclude ENTJ or ISTJ.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
ESTP.

I wouldn't mind being someone who's more action-orientated, more alpha, less passive. I guess I'd kind of associate ESTP me with a lot of confidence whether that is warranted or not and that would be the dream. That confidence comes with charisma but at the expense of my empathy. Probably a bit too harsh at times.

But I'm happy being an ENFP. Would just like to steal some more ESTP qualities to round myself out, I guess.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I don't feel great about it for my personal preferences, but I'm only a few inclinations away from going ENTP. But I think it'd be pretty cool being ISFP, their POVs always seem magical to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts