Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I don't think so.
I am 23, female and feeling... normal?

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
www[DOT]flickr[DOT]com/photos/jerrybay/9786057604/in/explore-2013-09-17
I am not sure what the photo was supposed to be about. I am sure that they took it the way they did for a reason and its nice but I don't really get it. I wish I could see more of what is through the door. Maybe that is the point? I'm sorry this isn't my forte.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I wouldn't be worried. We have plenty of food and drinks so even if we can't call a tow truck we won't be all that uncomfortable until someone comes along. I would feel bad for my friends probably missing the show. I don't really care for concerts so if they convinced me to go with them they must have been huge fans. Outwardly I would mirror their feelings on how this "sucks" and tell them that we will probably make it for the second act still. Musicians are always late right? I might get out and look at the car but I don't know enough to really help. I would just feel bad not having something to fix this.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would not want anything to do with an after-party. I will go and smile and make small talk, because that is what people do. After a few minutes I will suggest to the drive that (s)he goes ahead and enjoys herself. I can be DD this time, so you have fun. I will go from one friend to the next trying to not seem so awkward until I feel that a reasonable amount of time has passed. Then I announce that since I am driving back, I should probably crash in the car until the party is over. I assure them that I had a great time and that they are wonderful friends and retreat to the car. Maybe I thought ahead enough to bring a book. I probably did.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
If what they are talking about is just different with my current beliefs, great. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I firmly believe what I do and long drawn-out discussions on things that don't really have a conclusive end are tiring but I will probably just smile and ask a question to be polite. If it is something intentionally hurtful, I will just ignore it. They are drunk and I know that they are really great people. I would probably just ask if anyone bought a CD at the concert and put it in to stay away for the ride home. The only thing that would really upset me if they were being hurtful to someone else I care about.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It depends on the situation. If it is just something I disagree with personally, I will not cause conflict for the sake of it.
That person probably believes in their own beliefs as I do. I am the type to work avidly for something than against something else. I may not make the impact that more vocal people do but I feel more comfortable doing the behind the scenes stuff. If it is hurting someone I would have to act though. I will not let someone hurt somebody-else.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Reliability, honesty, compassion, love, forgiveness, and hard-work. I guess that my values are shaped by how my family raised me and the values that the community I grew up in shared. I don't think that values change that much after adulthood. Maybe some values become more relevant than others though.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
A. I tend to be very driven. I either work for something wholeheartedly or I am utterly disinterested by it.
B.I don't like that I procrastinate. It is terrible and makes it seem that I don't have a good work ethic. I do, it is just I get caught up in things being perfect. I do always get things done on time. I just have to pull all-nighters sometimes.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I cautiously trust them. From what I have heard, the first instinct is usually correct. I have had a professor once explain that this is because the brain stores information in several areas. While you may not remember the exact event that led to your knowledge of a subject, one part of your brain may still be able to retrieve the information. I do not like working off of hunches, but if there is no more concrete information, I will.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
A. Recharging type things. Going for a walk, taking time to read, a nice cup of tea or coffee slowly enjoyed, cooking.
B. Parties, loud busy places. I try to take it all in and it just overstimulates me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
My emotions. I am highly emotional and I can always pick up the emotional cues of others but actually letting my emotions out is something I struggle with, especially if I don't really trust people.

Well, thank you for reading that. I would really appreciate any thoughts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost definitely INFJ.

I saw in your post a lot of Fe and some inferior Se. I could add more info on cognitive functions but you already get INFJ right there.
The perfectionist part is a classic INFJ thing.

EDIT: I can add more information on why I think so if you want.
Thank you, I am reading the profile now. I have not looked that much into INFJ before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts