Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I’m 20, history of depression, supremely dominated by suicidal thoughts at times. I take seroquel, it’s the only thing that consistently helps. Haven’t got an official diagnosis yet. I guess the medication would even out my mood, make me a little more neutral and controlled. Though I’m currently feeling rather “good.”

2. 2. What type(s) do you usually score as ont ests?

Intp/Infp

3. Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here andwrite your impression of each of them.

(Leeds and Liverpool canal)
This image was too visually perfect to ignore. The person running, I disagree with. I’d be walking. It’s ideal weather, I would feel the cold on my face and I’d be looking all ‘round with an uncontrollable bliss. God’s good work, civillisation seems distant enough too...

(On shadows)

I like the picture without real reason, but it seems to say a lot about something I don’t understand. It reminds me of the restraints, and the pains of reality. That person(?)’s shadow looks morphed and the street light is paranormal. It’s all very grey but not hopeless. I’d like it on my wall.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are relatedto your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I follow my interests, engage the friend. My train of thought would depend on what his ideas were.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Individuality, consciousness, Free-thought.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

Love can change somebody’s nature drastically. But so can other things. I can’t imagine life without perspective, and I can’t imagine my perspective always being the same.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking.S omeone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inwardreaction? What do you think? What do you say?

It depends HOW immoral and how vicious the intent was behind it. But I’d no doubt tell them what I’d think. There are some people who you know are beyond reaching with reason, if it were one of those types, I may just listen with a little smile to myself.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Writing in some ways, good music always. Drugs- but not marijiuna it scared me a bit. So just alcohol and caffeine...

And the regular heroin injection under the bridge.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Anything overly organised, people doing what they are supposed to... Saying the things they’re supposed to.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that?(Please be as detailed as possible)

Introverted. From an early age as well, no-one who knows/knew me would disagree. Being young, especially early high school I felt like some sort of social cripple though nowadays I would say I feel like some form of... paste within predictable social situations, and I remember how to properly breathe as I walk away from them. I guess I’m quirky, surprisingly witty at times around others but I’m truthfully myself alone.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

I really don’t know, I don’t think I’m overly intelligent. I’ve taken online IQ tests and they support my theories, I usually score about 120. The last one was 118. But I have imagination, so lock that one in.

My weakness would be self-discipline. Jobless, I study and enjoy it but to get into psychology (my ideal) I need to do a year training in community services to bump up my gpa, as I was sort of a dropout at 17/18. The work is fulfilling at times but I’m rarely punctual and I’m still a nightowl, no matter how underslept I am.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I get frustrated, my only need is to be alone and I think it’s rational. To be honest the only times I’m "stressed" is when I’ve been working all day (it’s rare) and I usually recover as soon as I get home.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

I was in a circle of friends once and they started talking about art (soft spot), they were all complaining about the avant-garde stuff that goes about for thousands of dollars, granted a lot of it is awful. I believe a sketch of Angelina Jolie was on someone’s phone and they all agreed that it looked so real and considered this to be “good” and talented. My arguement was that art was about opening people to new perspectives, but they were all so stubborn and I was drowned out in a second. I felt like a choking feeling, they were all so wrong and blind and I felt very, very alone.

This could be introverted feeling, I don’t constantly “assess” my internal values and I’m not really moral-based but I do keep passions to myself, the greater they are the more possessive I am, and I’d describe these passions as constantly branching inside of me till it’s essentially a part of me. When these are spat on I start to feel numb and shaken. Out of control. I surprise myself at times at how angry I can get, when somebody starts glorifying guns or regurgitating ideas they’ve gotten from books etc. or sharing stupid statistics, all to appear intelligent.

I suggested the movie “Magnolia” to my best friend and he said it was like “watching paint dry.”

This actually crushed me at first.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

On trains, waiting at lights in the city with all these people, and all their distractions, if they realise they’re suppressing something? Or is it only me, are others content... I suppose I can’t even get past the ridiculous situation of life in the first place. I also previously have had various sorts of cosmic revelations in the past, that were internal and really difficult to explain but I try to remember that feeling. Most of my writing is a sort of psychotic teasing of myself as if I was once touched by God and have now been sent back into a toy-box of sorts and am now trying desperately to describe what it was like.

A blissful mind goes back to basics... Shut up and just experience.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

There isn’t.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

I just did the sloan and got RCUEI and it describes me perfectly.

I know I’m a 4w5, I mostly score an Intp. Or an Infp. There are various parts I relate to of both types. Various parts I don't, have at me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

but they were all so stubborn and I was drowned out in a second. I felt like a choking feeling, they were all so wrong and blind and I felt very, very alone.

these passions as constantly branching inside of me till it’s essentially a part of me. When these are spat on I start to feel numb and shaken. Out of control. I surprise myself at times at how angry I can get, when somebody starts glorifying guns or regurgitating ideas they’ve gotten from books etc. or sharing stupid statistics, all to appear intelligent.
I suggested the movie “Magnolia” to my best friend and he said it was like “watching paint dry.”

This actually crushed me at first.

On trains, waiting at lights in the city with all these people, and all their distractions, if they realise they’re suppressing something?

I highlighted the points above that make me think you are INFP you seem to want growth within yourself and your close friends around you. I believe the INTP types will correct someone when they are wrong but won't typically care if those people don't see the point which is why they are so individualistic. INFP are more inspirational, they want others to see their point of view on important matters but they are non confrontational about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts