Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found the question on r/mbti, shamelessly stealing it:

If your mind was a physical place, what would it look like?

(copy of my answer:)
outside, it's a dark night but the sky is well-lit by a huge, neverending firework (of ideas, projects, interests, …). some rockets' explosions are colorful, some rather boring, some fade very fast, some stay a bit longer. sometimes there's 15 at the same time, sometimes there's a short break and nothing happens. anyway, it's loud and fascinating and energizing.
if you turn your back on the fireworks, you can see a forest. deep into it there's only leaves rustling in a cool breeze and the sound of small animals scurrying around every now and then in thick darkness. a place to calm down and just… be.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I've always imaged my mind as a dusty, professors office (the old timey type, with leather chairs, wood panels and a fireplace).

There's paper and books everywhere, yet I still seem to know where everything is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A place no ones allowed except me and MAYBE one other allowed to visit for short times. As for looks I'd like to keep most of it a secret, plus there too many details, but one thing I'm ok with revealing is there would be machines everywhere large, pocket, torso, normal sized things, useful, useless, dangerous, safe, weird, interesting stuff. Great now I got a new idea.

·
Registered
198 Posts
A warehouse

Reactions: chrisu

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't want to go into a whole lot of detail, but it would be a very mystical place, with unexplainable occurrences. Also it would either be light, dark, or in-between depending on your physical location.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the question?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My mind is a wide open place. There are random facts scattered throughout it, there is no organization to all of it, but I know where it all is and where it belongs. Everything and nothing are happening at the same time. It is a 24 hour comedy show also, I find the dirty humor or joke to be made in every sentence.

·
Registered
32 Posts
(this reminds me of an episode of Doctor Who where a girl has a library inside her mind.)

If my mind was a physical place, it would be a very busy city, and everyone would be in a rush to get everywhere. And every sign is a pun.

·
Registered
305 Posts
A deep richly green forest, spanning out for endless miles without a soul in sight...or is that just rather where i'd like to be right now?

·
Registered
950 Posts
try to describe what it would look like in your mind if others could see what you picture in your head.
Ooooh, ok. Thanks.

Nothing. I can't picture things in my head.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
A loud bar or club. It would be filled with people. It would be dark with flashing lights.
Basically a bar or club.

·
Registered
454 Posts
A main road. When clustered with vehicles, things move slow and order is lost. When empty, the sound of an engine working very hard shoots a vehicle through at blinding speeds.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts