Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a flirting relationship with my IFSJ coworker for months and after some time I asked directly about the situation and he said to me he can't do the relationship with me because we work in the same office and after that it took 3 weeks he kissed me. After it he said to me he can't be anything else with me because of the same working place problem but he is still getting somehow closer and closer. What is the thing that he is constantly telling me "no" and still it is "yes" after a while? It feels stupid to wait but I feel I have no other options.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The easiest explanation is that your coworker likes you are more than a coworker but feels like being a professional should be more important. It seems like this conflict of interests goes one way in the one situation and another way in the other. When he's with you he wants to be with you, when he's in the workplace he wants to act in a professional manner.

ISFJ's are generally bad with conflicts of interest. They want to make everyone as happy as reasonably possible. Once pressure is there to do opposite things, ISFJ's have a lot of trouble finding a way between all that.

As to how to help you with this... I'm drawing a blank. Maybe some ISFJ's in here can help you there.

Out of interest, how did you figure this person was an ISFJ? I can imagine an ISFJ acting this way, but for another type they might have wildly different reasons for the same behaviour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did this training/workshop about communication styles inside our company where we needed to figure out our own MBTI types. He got this ISFJ combination.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think it's like a forbidden fruit situation. The desire grows when you know you shouldn't do something but it's so easily accessible- so you slowly but surely give in to something you want but logically see problems with. Have you considered working in a different section of the company or something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts