Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is that when I ignore women that are sexually invisble to me, they somehow end up liking me more? Sure, I'll carry over a conversation casually, but I really don't give a flying crap about their liberal politics, pollution, and their life ambitions. It hasn't happened once, but four times. One girl tried to kiss me, and I seriously did not expect that move. Another one, just couldn't keep her mouth shut, and was more subtle, but I know that glazed over bacon look women give to men they are attracted to. The third one all of a sudden out of nowhere developed a crush on me, when I got a wardrobe makeover.

All the women I was attracted to, I would try too hard, and fail miserably. Anyone else perceive a similar pattern?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Research market economics.

That which is less available is valued more highly.
You know, the crazy thing is that once you start looking at sex and relationships through the glasses of economics, it suddenly starts to make a lot of sense. It's quite shocking how many business models can be applied to relationships. Porter's 5 forces, product positioning, differentiation vs low cost, product quality, the triple-constraint and six sigma, environmental analysis, supply-demand, and so on.

Maybe try less effort, you get more pussy with less pressure.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
When you start seeing seduction as sales and sales as seduction, both are improved.
You can't really appeal to logic in any case, you have to appeal to emotion with most people.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since most men are initiators, that causes the price of the male sex to fall since there is more demand for female sex. One could assume that the average woman is saturated by a healthy supply of sexual opportunities, thus causing them to view pursuing men as waste of time, unless there is that one special shiny man that they must have. Now the question is how to become that special shiny man for an array of hot women, rather than plain Jane women that I didn't want to attract. I think it has all to do with money, athleticism, fashion, social stigma. A woman who is beautiful will consider a less than stellar man to be shallow since all he care is about looks. However if a that guy is superior to the hot woman, then she will consider him to be a great catch and will clamor about how he's into for her personality, while in reality he's playing it smart, and really wants some pussy.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You have to put the pussy out of your mind for a while and just work very hard at developing yourself, trusting that pussy of commensurate quality will arrive when appropriate.

Reactions: nujabes

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Since most men are initiators, that causes the price of the male sex to fall since there is more demand for female sex. One could assume that the average woman is saturated by a healthy supply of sexual opportunities, thus causing them to view pursuing men as waste of time, unless there is that one special shiny man that they must have. Now the question is how to become that special shiny man for an array of hot women, rather than plain Jane women that I didn't want to attract. I think it has all to do with money, athleticism, fashion, social stigma. A woman who is beautiful will consider a less than stellar man to be shallow since all he care is about looks. However if a that guy is superior to the hot woman, then she will consider him to be a great catch and will clamor about how he's into for her personality, while in reality he's playing it smart, and really wants some pussy.
Maybe in theory, but in reality men rarely play it that smart. At some point their little brain takes over and they give themselves away. :wink:

Reactions: SlowPoke68

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,918 Posts
Trying too hard gives the impression that they're out of your league, not trying gives the impression that you're not interested. There's a balance between the two that says you're interested, but she's not your only option (but ffs, don't anyone literally say or try to imply that, btw) which subtly sets the bait.

It's not an easy balance to fake and it won't get you someone who's way out of your league either. It can only get you so far. If you are reeling in plain janes, then they obviously don't see you as being much out of their league, so you probably aren't. Therefore it's unlikely that you're going to interest the hottest women. The hot women will more likely just be relieved that you're ignoring them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I didn't tell my whole story, but I guess it will be an interesting input. I practically went through my whole high school years unnoticed since I had long hair that reached mid back, baggy jeans, a skinny body, and was rather eccentric in comparison to other normal dudes. I eventually came to realize this once I hit my Senior year, I recounted all the years that I wasted, and thought to myself that I was not living the fulfilling the life that I would like to have lived as an adolescent. I attracted plain Janes before my makeover, and afterwards they realized that I was out of their league.

So I developed limerence for this girl, and was ultimately rejected, but my fear of approaching women, practically disappeared once I lived through that shocking event. I literally froze, and wasn't going to ask her out. I fell into depression, and eventually got angry and decided to do something about it. I started buying trendy clothes, that fit well, and changed my character to some extent. My results were pretty good, I was no longer sexually invisible, but girls were actually starting to find me quite attractive. Some of those girls were not plain Jane's. For instance, I was in the school library and took notice that this pretty girl looked at me like a was piece of bacon, something to be miiiirrreddd. Therefore I took advantage and made a comment that she should stop fixing her hair, cause she looked good in whatever form she had it in. She took my comment to her advantage and tried to find commonalities, because she was interested. I found out she was a few years younger than me, and much less smarter than I was, and I found it to be off putting. Guess what I did? I played hard to get, and decided that naaaaawwwww I'm going to college in 2-3 months, I'm not going to waste my time. Then after a few weeks I thought to myself "...........SHIIIT BITCH whut de fuck were you doing."

Once I got to college I got big slap in the face, metaphorically. No woman on campus, even the sort of good looking nerdy plain jane I was hitting on was like, no. The simple reason I think was that they wanted an older, more mature, well dressed man. In contrast I am young, still learning to get my hands on things, but I still know how to dress pretty well. I guess in a few years when I'm a senior again, there will be more young women, and I'll be having my fun, especially once I get my degree. Its really hard to meet women without trying hard, since I'm an engineering major.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
They need your attention to confirm to themselves that they are attractive. It's probably not even about you, it's just that the thought of any man not being interested drives them nuts.
i know that's true, but god it's so sad.

i like think there are "healthy", "mature" people out there that don't live their entire lives in some childish mind-game-phase of validation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.