Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohh boy, so since the beginning of this semester i've been ignoring this girl (personal reasons - nothing to do with her) in my math class and i've gotten this sense that she might be an ENFP. She seems very child-like, bubbly and wants to get along with everyone, but whenever she glances at me I look down protected by my castle of anxiety. Now usually whenever I do this to anyone they can easily move on, but there's three weeks in the semester left and still gettin the stares.

Now I guess my question is to the ENFPS, if a stranger was ignoring you for so long how'd you feel and would you really get hurt? (I read a couple of forums of ENFPS getting ignored, but usually over someone they knew).

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
@S_A_K_I_B Going on the assumption that she is an ENFP...

ENFPs like puzzles. If I had to guess, she's probably trying to figure you out. If you haven't outright snubbed her, she probably hasn't taken your reaction as anything but shyness...but that doesn't mean she's not still curious.

Young ENFPs are not exactly hard to read. If she was upset, you'd be able to tell.

·
Registered
305 Posts
@S_A_K_I_B There could be numerous reasons for me staring at someone. Oftentimes during classes I could just be daydreaming and you'd happen to have a nice hair, bag, shirt, whatever that would catch my attention and I would just stare at you by accident. Also, if someone seemed pretty introverted and what I might see as "a loner" I would propably start wondering if they're okay, what's going on and just look at them and smile to show that I'm friendly and approachable, hoping it would make them feel better. Then again the girls just might find you as a cutie :)

I don't think I would feel hurt when ignored by a stranger. Or it would depend on HOW it happens. If I'd smile at you and you'd look at me like you wanna kill me, I'd be surprised and wondering why would someone do that. Then again if someone would ignore me just by looking away I wouldn't be hurt, just wondering why, again. So all in all, I wouldn't feel hurt but yes I would think about it since I wish people to like me. But I'd leave you alone.

How you described the girl made me think she could also be an ESFP. I know one ESFP who is much like me but she's much more outgoing and "aggressive" in her approach. For example when I want to be alone I try to make it clear by saying something like "I could use a minute just by myself" or I just leave and go somewhere alone. And still, she'll come after me, even knocking the bathroom door asking if I'm okay. So she sometimes seems to have less ability to read people than xNFPs I think, in general, do have.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@S_A_K_I_B Going on the assumption that she is an ENFP...

ENFPs like puzzles. If I had to guess, she's probably trying to figure you out. If you haven't outright snubbed her, she probably hasn't taken your reaction as anything but shyness...but that doesn't mean she's not still curious.

Young ENFPs are not exactly hard to read. If she was upset, you'd be able to tell.
Actually that sounds about right

@S_A_K_I_B There could be numerous reasons for me staring at someone. Oftentimes during classes I could just be daydreaming and you'd happen to have a nice hair, bag, shirt, whatever that would catch my attention and I would just stare at you by accident. Also, if someone seemed pretty introverted and what I might see as "a loner" I would propably start wondering if they're okay, what's going on and just look at them and smile to show that I'm friendly and approachable, hoping it would make them feel better. Then again the girls just might find you as a cutie :)

I don't think I would feel hurt when ignored by a stranger. Or it would depend on HOW it happens. If I'd smile at you and you'd look at me like you wanna kill me, I'd be surprised and wondering why would someone do that. Then again if someone would ignore me just by looking away I wouldn't be hurt, just wondering why, again. So all in all, I wouldn't feel hurt but yes I would think about it since I wish people to like me. But I'd leave you alone.

How you described the girl made me think she could also be an ESFP. I know one ESFP who is much like me but she's much more outgoing and "aggressive" in her approach. For example when I want to be alone I try to make it clear by saying something like "I could use a minute just by myself" or I just leave and go somewhere alone. And still, she'll come after me, even knocking the bathroom door asking if I'm okay. So she sometimes seems to have less ability to read people than xNFPs I think, in general, do have.
Firstly thank you, in the context of math,...... http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/347/248/0e7.jpg
Second, Yeah actually curiosity sound about right. Kids in my class give me similar stares (more from her) since I would say something funny then quickly return to my castle of unseen anxiety. She does tend to laugh hard in a conversation, to the point where other kids notice as well, then quickly look back at me where my head is still down and returns to the conversation. I was also thinking ESFP, but something about her look doesn't seem (no offense) plain and simple more like she's stuck in the clouds.

Nonetheless thanks yall, much love
~SAKIB

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
I'm not an ENFP, obviously enough, but I'm dating/best friends with one. So I'll tell you what I know from that much.

As one of the above posters stated, ENFPs love puzzles, and INs are essentially that for them. INxJs fall into this category more than almost anyone else because of our weird, complex personalities and how stubbornly private we tend to be. My boyfriend describes me as a "reservoir of concepts" that he wants to explore, and that's one of the things that he finds most attractive. ENFPs see mysterious places/ideas/people/etc as their playgrounds, and an INxJ provides them with a very expansive one.

Just going off of what my boyfriend told me (he's probably a good deal older than the girl you're mentioning, so I don't know if she'd handle things the same way), ENFPs tend to deal with rejection pretty quickly and just move on to something else. Having Ne as their dominant makes them prone to seeing every possibility, so she'll probably find herself occupied with other ventures before too long. If she really bugs you and you don't see her as being worth that kind of time, then don't worry about it. Just don't be needlessly cruel.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
If I was thig girl I would be really curious about you. And I will begin to ask myself why you're so distant and if I can do something to make this change.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ohh boy, so since the beginning of this semester i've been ignoring this girl (personal reasons - nothing to do with her) in my math class and i've gotten this sense that she might be an ENFP. She seems very child-like, bubbly and wants to get along with everyone, but whenever she glances at me I look down protected by my castle of anxiety. Now usually whenever I do this to anyone they can easily move on, but there's three weeks in the semester left and still gettin the stares.

Now I guess my question is to the ENFPS, if a stranger was ignoring you for so long how'd you feel and would you really get hurt? (I read a couple of forums of ENFPS getting ignored, but usually over someone they knew).
Being ignored can be pretty bothersome to most ENFPs. She may not necessarily be hurt, but she's probably trying to come up with a number of possibilities of why you're ignoring her XD I would try to talk to her at least once. That might help her ease up a little

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being ignored can be pretty bothersome to most ENFPs. She may not necessarily be hurt, but she's probably trying to come up with a number of possibilities of why you're ignoring her XD I would try to talk to her at least once. That might help her ease up a little
That kinda sounds right too though, little bit of bored, little bit of that. On the last day of class i'm just going (try) to scream "HI" and quickly run away so at least she knew I noticed her. :)

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Curiosity doesn't mean love. Once you open up she's 'still free to think you're an idiot or such. Though usually I could be friend with idiot of all sort at least 'till they do something bad to me. I mean I will know you're an idiot and when it's needed I would tell you but this doesn't mean you can't have something enjoyable too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Curiosity doesn't mean love. Once you open up she's 'still free to think you're an idiot or such. Though usually I could be friend with idiot of all sort at least 'till they do something bad to me. I mean I will know you're an idiot and when it's needed I would tell you but this doesn't mean you can't have something enjoyable too.
Tru tru, i was just trollin doe :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts