Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time again. Time for external clarification of my own assumptions. Anywho this is probably the 4th time I've done this, and I try to be as unbiased in my answers as possible, but as you know I'm only human, so all I can do is try.

Anyway without further adieu...

Prerequisites

What age range are you in?
19 Years so Young Adult.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
Maybe some mild Schizophrenia, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

I think my life is about growth and fighting everything in my way so I can have the kind of life I've always dreamed. I've been a loser my whole life, and I've finally decided to take initiative and change that. I want to live on the cutting edge of everything, and be where the action is. I want to live an exciting life. I want to live out loud on the highest mountain. I want to learn everything that interests me. I want to break through my inhibitions and flow through life flawlessly. I want to be at the top of the world not just socially, but existentially too. I want to get in touch with my soul and show people all that power that built up when I was suffering in my younger days. I want to meet interesting people who don't live very normal lives, and aren't afraid to be different. I want to meet God, and the Devil himself. I kind of sorta want to rule the world too..... it wouldn't be too bad I guess. I also want to be desired so that way I don't feel lonely and rejected anymore.

2. What were you like as a kid?
Quiet, geeky(still am). I was a pretty loner kid back in the day. All I needed were my videogames, it wasn't until I met this Latina girl I lived next door to that I started trying to make friends. I guess that's how first love works

Around middle school I had a hard time fitting in with people because of stupid social anxiety. That and I had these random migraines from time to time.

Once I got into high school shit started to change freshman year. IDK what happened but girls were easier to talk to, I had an easier time talking to strangers and life in general was more fun. Around sophmore year and carrying to senior year, I became very inhibited and just completely hated my life. Even more so because I started having trouble talking to girls again. I had things I wanted to do but was way to afraid to do them.

Freshman year at college was another drastic change. I finally felt like the alpha male I had always wanted to be and talking to people became a synch. I even went on my first date. But around the summer I started to notice I lost touch with myself and I spent a lot of time introspect and thinking about who I really am compared to I was being in college. Now in Sophmore year, life is kinda meh. I was super productivity ninja the first 5 weeks or so and I came to the conclusion that I was super unhappy with college because I was becoming to business-savvy, which just isn't me. I became to focused on school and lost touch with having fun. So now I'm kind of like trying to find my balance between doing what I want and getting through school. Also I've been having the hardest time finding a girl I'm interested in this semester.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
My relationship with my mom is an argumentive one. She's always trying to tell me what to do with my life, and I keep telling her she can't tell me what to do. Like she's convinced I'm going to get married and have kids and she can see them whenever she wants. I keep telling her if you keep trying to control I'm going to cut off all ties to you. My dad and I are.....different. He's a very vain person who spends a lot of time caring about his looks and from time to time tries to give a shit about my life. Only problem is he gave a shit way too late. Not really trying to do anything with me until I was 14, and even then all he talks about is how random girls are cute which is gross because he's a 50 something year old talking about 16 year old girls. eeeeeeeewwwwww.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
Authenticity- I love honesty, even in a negative form
Imagination- Love it
Creativity- Love it too
Freedom- to express yourself, and your dreams
Intelligence-????
Wit- Because people need to learn and nothing teaches better than a good joke
Beauty- hehe... stuff's got to be good look at
Resourcefulness- Smart is sexy, street smart is really sexy
Leadership- You gotta respect a good leader
Action- I love to do
Learning- ???
Skills- Because everyone needs them
Community- I couldn't live without being aware of one, whether I'm against or for it

I hope to avoid being:
Scared
Shy
Cowardly
Overtly Violent
Common
Shallow
Fake
Fat
Vain
Manipulative
Domineering-Unless its warranted
Ignorant
Stagnant
5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
Some social anxiety, but I'm starting to get over it.
6. a.) How do you see yourself?
Honest
Strong
Ambitious
Fun-loving
Very Sexual in a physical way
Heroic
Self-Sacrificing
Generous
Nerdy
Smart and intelligent
Existentialistic and spirtual
Creative
Messy
Earthy
Different
Weird
Thrill-seeking

b.) How do you want others to see you?
Heroic
Philosophical
Desirable
Optimistically Realistic
Trustworthy
Caring
Strong
Creative
Intelligent
Kind of guy you'd share a beer with
Fair
Funny
Honorable
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
Making fun of people behind their backs
Taking pride in nothing
Being unambitious
Lying to other people so they think of you a certain way
Being content with life
Blaming others for their problems
Ignorance
Getting the FUCK in my way!!
Bitchy people
7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.-1
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you-3
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.-2

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
I'm sick of answering this question. Everywhere.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best after a good exercise. When I think about how I in the past couldn't do something that I can do now. When I talk to a cute girl. When I discover a universal truth about the world.

I feel at my worst when I'm stuck in slow traffic. When I'm doing something thats boring and going nowhere. When I have to rely on people for something and they let me down. When there is a lot of stuff I want to do it and everything gets in my way.

Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
People getting in my way.
Some piece of equipment not working right
People picking on my friends
People blaming me for stuff I didn't do
People annoying me

b.) shame

c.) anxiety
Talking to someone I like
Telling someone something serious about me
Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
Get angry, and start walking around aimlessly
b.) negative unexpected change
ANGER! Lots of Swearing
c.) conflict
Get angry....fight if I have to. I kind of like conflict though.
a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
Usually Leader. It seems whenever I'm in a group most of the people can't speak up, so I become leader to push things along.
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
I tell people what needs to be done. I don't really care how they do it, as long as they aren't slacking.
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
Not really. I don't think about them too much.
What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
The underlying meaning behind what they are doing.
Comment on your relationship with trust.
I trust people if I have to, but I'm not naturally trusting.
15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
I consider myself a scholar of sorts so I don't really have a religion all though I enjoy learning about religions.

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To be without needs, well-intentioned
I don't relying or asking people for help.
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
I don't like where I am in life because I feel so limited.
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
I think I do this, but I'm not sure. I've always used my own imagination when thinking about myself so I don't really know how I come off to people
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
For the most part yes, but not financially unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@The Wanderering ______
(2 fixed because you place surprising amount of weight on comrodery, admiration and self sacrifice. the 7-2-8 tritype also seems to fit you well. you remind me a lot of Luffy :laughing: )
What can I say. I like friendship and being with people who are actually worth my time.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@The Wanderering ______

It's not you, but there isn't enough here to type you. It'd be that way for almost any questionnaire. You're not going to get your type by describing your self image.

I see that you have chosen 7w8 for now. What have you noticed that makes you fit into the neuroses of type 7?
A strong fixation on stimulation and the innate desire to be happy. Although I realize now that wanting to be happy doesn't necessarily define 7 because I think most people in the world would desire to be happy, Just as wanting to be successful doesn't necessarily define 3 because most people even those without 3 fixes or 3 wings want to be successful in life. Its just that their definition of success would probably be different than a 3 fixer/winger.

I'm actually considering 4 for core right now with a strong 7 fix because even though as an EP I know I'm meant to be a 7, its as if some part of my subconscious mind won't allow me to accept it and I think it stems from feeling different than the established normality of anything I've been a part of my whole life. Its like I can't accept a correlation between Enneagram and MBTI and I have to be a hybrid or exemption from the rules in order to feel satisfied. Its the strangest thing though. I'm not doing it on purpose. I'm not consciously telling myself I need to be different. My subconscious keeps over-reacting to the idea of being a commonality, and even though I tell myself I should just accept it. I can't and my brain ends up creating a new possibility for what my type might be as a defensive mechanism.

It has to be the enneatype 4 fixation right? Why do you think this is?

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
A strong fixation on stimulation and the innate desire to be happy. Although I realize now that wanting to be happy doesn't necessarily define 7 because I think most people in the world would desire to be happy, Just as wanting to be successful doesn't necessarily define 3 because most people even those without 3 fixes or 3 wings want to be successful in life. Its just that their definition of success would probably be different than a 3 fixer/winger.
Yep, that was exactly why I asked, because a lot of people think type 7 is simply about "being happy." There aren't a ton of people in the world who would say they didn't want "to be happy," but it's the 7 whose id actually drives them to get to that point all the time. It's not a conscious "man I'm not happy, I need to be happy." It simply happens that you start doing things that are satisfying - it's not conscious at all until you learn to identify it. You don't realize what you're running away from either - it's not visible, it's just your response.

As the self pres, I catch myself at the grocery store all the time for no reason than utter excess - it's like "why the hell are you even here?" and there's literally no conscious answer. I just want, and get, and it's probably the same for Sx and So in their arenae too. It's not necessarily implusiveness, but it's definitely compulsiveness.

I'm actually considering 4 for core right now with a strong 7 fix because even though as an EP I know I'm meant to be a 7, its as if some part of my subconscious mind won't allow me to accept it and I think it stems from feeling different than the established normality of anything I've been a part of my whole life.
Avoid that kind of connecting. It's understandable, but not going to help you at all.

Its like I can't accept a correlation between Enneagram and MBTI and I have to be a hybrid or exemption from the rules in order to feel satisfied. Its the strangest thing though. I'm not doing it on purpose. I'm not consciously telling myself I need to be different. My subconscious keeps over-reacting to the idea of being a commonality, and even though I tell myself I should just accept it. I can't and my brain ends up creating a new possibility for what my type might be as a defensive mechanism.
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. My experience was the opposite - there was no way in hell an INTJ could be type 7 on paper, but I eventually realized that these thoughts were coming from the Head, and serving no ultimate purpose other than to rationalize (in a rather messy way, looking back). The 7's escapism creates a habit of conning oneself and those around them inadvertently - but once you identify these kind of thoughts that way, the confusion goes away and your type is clear as day.

I think almost all 7's would find that to be part of their type-created bias.

If you find yourself weighing and shifting a lot as I've seen on your responses here, it might be a good idea to consider 7. That kind of approach doesn't ring "4" to me, even though you do talk about identity. That drive doesn't precede anything, but your constant shifting around might be saying something more poignant.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
The emphasis on comraderie, self sacrifice and social acceptance sounds like social instinct to me.
sometimes. that said, come to think of it, I could easily see you as a Social/Sexual 7
Social Seven: Sacrifice
Social Sevens are characterized by relinquishing their personal freedom and aspirations for social ideals. They have a profound sense of obligation toward others and feel that they must sacrifice themselves to fulfill what they see as their responsibilities. Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack. The passion of gluttony manifests here as a hunger for this sense of social ease and for all of the things that they believe will give it to them. Ichazo (per Lilly and Hart) uses the descriptor social limitations and describes this subtype as "predetermining his social activities," which highlights a different nuance of this subtype. It points the Social Seven's tendency to map and plan his social involvements to resolve his social insecurity.
^think shonen protagonist :wink:

as opposed to
Sexual 7: Suggestibility.
Sexual Sevens tend to merge with whatever ideas, plans, or people they come into contact with. So they are easily influenced, especially by their partner or someone they are attracted to. The prospect of a relationship with someone sets off their mapping and planning, and the relationship gets projected well into the future, with infinite possibilities appearing just over the horizon. So they are suggestible in the sense of being easily swayed and impacted, as well as in the sense of being easily propelled into myriad fantasies by or about a relationship. The passion of gluttony appears here in the many attractions that Sexual Sevens tend to have and in their difficulty in forming deep, long-term contact with one person.

my current opinion is 7w6>8w7>2w3 So/Sx~Darkside (So/Sx with strong Sx)

Reactions: Choice

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@Figure
As the self pres, I catch myself at the grocery store all the time for no reason than utter excess - it's like "why the hell are you even here?" and there's literally no conscious answer.
if my financial situation didn't require penny pinching of Jewish proportions, I would probably fall into this tendency as well. I'm constantly (either consciously or unconsciously) looking for various gourmet pleasures to indulge in, then reality kicks in and I'm surprised that I can't have them

I just want, and get, and it's probably the same for Sx and So in their arenae too. It's not necessarily implusiveness, but it's definitely compulsiveness
guilty as charged (though I'd imagine lots of non Sx dom 7s are similar). when I spot a new "catch", I HAVE to have him

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It depends on why you find yourself unable to accept a common reality. That could easily be 7 at work, and kind of sounds like it offhand - creating new possibilities so as not to have to face a grim reality.
Y'know I'm actually kind of glad you're here flatlander. I could use your special deep-penetrating intellectual powers to get to the heart of the problems I can't seem to observe myself because I'm an extravert, so let me start you off.

Why do I feel the need to special? I think I stated it already but it just fits me better in the general sense of my entire life. The other reason might be I exude a great sense of superiority just by feeling different.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, that was exactly why I asked, because a lot of people think type 7 is simply about "being happy." There aren't a ton of people in the world who would say they didn't want "to be happy," but it's the 7 whose id actually drives them to get to that point all the time. It's not a conscious "man I'm not happy, I need to be happy." It simply happens that you start doing things that are satisfying - it's not conscious at all until you learn to identify it. You don't realize what you're running away from either - it's not visible, it's just your response.
IDK. I keep telling myself to be happy and stay in the moment because I'm trying to avoid my natural tendency to get lost in my head and become inhibited. Like I get in lost in thought REALLY easy and I tend to overthink thing to point where I would avoid doing them. It wasn't until I started just doing stuff that I felt better. Until I stopped imagining myself talking to women who interested me and just talked to them, or until I stopped imagining myself exercising to the brim and having an awesome looking body(which I still don't have) that I felt more motivated to just exercise.

As the self pres, I catch myself at the grocery store all the time for no reason than utter excess - it's like "why the hell are you even here?" and there's literally no conscious answer. I just want, and get, and it's probably the same for Sx and So in their arenae too. It's not necessarily implusiveness, but it's definitely compulsiveness.
I can relate to that to. I feel a compulsion for fun experiences, and sometimes intense experiences like when I go running and have a song buzzing in my head and I stop thinking and just completely lose it to the point where I just merge with ??? and lose myself in an intense stimulative high.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. My experience was the opposite - there was no way in hell an INTJ could be type 7 on paper, but I eventually realized that these thoughts were coming from the Head, and serving no ultimate purpose other than to rationalize (in a rather messy way, looking back). The 7's escapism creates a habit of conning oneself and those around them inadvertently - but once you identify these kind of thoughts that way, the confusion goes away and your type is clear as day.
I'll take your word for it, but I still want to keep this thread afloat because I'm starting to understand the value of asking other people for their opinions.

If you find yourself weighing and shifting a lot as I've seen on your responses here, it might be a good idea to consider 7. That kind of approach doesn't ring "4" to me, even though you do talk about identity. That drive doesn't precede anything, but your constant shifting around might be saying something more poignant.
I guess. I just can't imagine a 7, a head type, weighing and shifting as much as a 3 or a 4 on their own self image because weighing and shifting on your image is what the image triad is all about.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.