Personality Cafe banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Har. I wish there was a conversion where all your posts about relating to a type just transferred to your new type. I was a 5 then a 9 then 8. So don't ask me what you are.

I have spent times disintegrating to a 5. I'm pretty sure I'm an 8 now.
Yeah, it's like I always say, "No one's the suppository of all wisdom."

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@Pippi

I'm really good at spotting just about every type except 9. A lot of times, there just seems to be nothing to grab onto. Eventually, I can usually eliminate all the other types and circle back around to it.

My dad (the man who raised me, not sired me) is a 9w1/2w1/7w8 Sp/Sx. I thought for years he was an 8 because he always seemed angry all the time (I was rather mischievous as a child, not bad, but very curious and poor impulse control).

He believes his purpose in life is to show others there's always a gentler/better way to go about things, but he's not forceful about it, he's not super critical, he just calmly explains things and they usually turn out to be right. He's the one who gave me the best advice I ever took to join the U.S. Navy out of high school.

Anyway, Congrats on figuring out your core type. Got any ideas about your instinctual variants? How about your tritype?
Yeah. I changed my mind. I'm going with 548 or some related variation.

The titular "fuck" was right. Hmm. :whistle:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think weed is a big reason I mistyped my 8w9 brother as a 9w8 when we were young.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Its strange that people have so much trouble typing themselves. When I was a stupid 13 or 14 year old I discovered the Enneagram. I mistyped myself a 4w3 I think because I wanted to see myself as "artistic" and "attractive". I shelved the Enneagram for a little bit then. But then by the time I was 15 I somehow knew I was a 6w5. So anyways, a long, long time later I took the 16 Personalities test and it nailed me as an ISFP-T. I read about the types and realized it was right. Then very, very recently I discovered the concept of tritypes, and it couldn't have been a week before I realized my stacking is 6w5 9w8 4w3, and I don't have doubts really. Oh, but it did take me a few years to figure out I'm sx/so.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think weed is a big reason I mistyped my 8w9 brother as a 9w8 when we were young.
I don't take or like weed. I related to the nine thing a while back (decade ago or so) mostly because I used to be a big daydreamer. I forget why I related to it again more recently.

Its strange that people have so much trouble typing themselves. When I was a stupid 13 or 14 year old I discovered the Enneagram. I mistyped myself a 4w3 I think because I wanted to see myself as "artistic" and "attractive". I shelved the Enneagram for a little bit then. But then by the time I was 15 I somehow knew I was a 6w5. So anyways, a long, long time later I took the 16 Personalities test and it nailed me as an ISFP-T. I read about the types and realized it was right. Then very, very recently I discovered the concept of tritypes, and it couldn't have been a week before I realized my stacking is 6w5 9w8 4w3, and I don't have doubts really. Oh, but it did take me a few years to figure out I'm sx/so.
I change my mind about typings a lot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Then very, very recently I discovered the concept of tritypes, and it couldn't have been a week before I realized my stacking is 6w5 9w8 4w3, and I don't have doubts really. Oh, but it did take me a few years to figure out I'm sx/so.
How do you figure out your tritype?

·
Registered
567 Posts
How do you figure out your tritype?
I just observed myself and focused or reflected on the types. I used to obsess about the Enneagram when I was younger, so I came out of that obsession with I guess a good general feel for the types. I'm very self-aware for the most part. I guess that's like an ISFP though. So anyways, when I learned tritype was a thing it just took a little focus and reflection. If you really need to know, I guess I could kinda try to rehash my thought processes if you wanted, but I've put that whole process behind me and now just accept what is.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
I also have serious issues with typing myself regarding the Enneagram. MBTI is easy and obvious to me, but needing to understand and see your core fears and desires AND which ones are stronger than others??? Hell, that's a quest for decades! We guard, shield and protect ourself from that stuff like crazy. Even the most reflected, introspective person does. Sure, that's what the Enneagram is about, to help us see that. But it doesn't make it a lot easier to me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I guess I could kinda try to rehash my thought processes if you wanted, but I've put that whole process behind me and now just accept what is.
Oh it's no problem, I thought there was some sort of streamlined method. I wouldn't want to bother you at all. I hope to reach that level of self-awareness soon. Thanks for the response!

Reactions: Ock

·
Registered
567 Posts
I also have serious issues with typing myself regarding the Enneagram. MBTI is easy and obvious to me, but needing to understand and see your core fears and desires AND which ones are stronger than others??? Hell, that's a quest for decades! We guard, shield and protect ourself from that stuff like crazy. Even the most reflected, introspective person does. Sure, that's what the Enneagram is about, to help us see that. But it doesn't make it a lot easier to me.
Maybe its because you're a 9. Sounds like a 9ish thing.

Reactions: Buttahfly
21 - 36 of 36 Posts