Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to realize that the only ability I actually have is shape-shifting. Not literal of course. What I mean is I can imitate anything I see. I can act like other types. I can fake intelligence, interest, work ethic. The crappy thing is I can only do this on a shallow level. Jack of all trades master of none.

So I conclude that my only real talent is not really a talent at all.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you asking us what you can do to not be a Jack of all trades? Find something you like and you'll get good at it. <-- sounds simple but it is totally true.
Easily said by an ENFP. You're always finding things.

·
Registered
17,196 Posts
I too can sort of sink into other people's styles. Appeal to their humour any other vibes I get from them.
But since trying to improve myself i'm more interested in bring more of myself out. I don't lose myself in groups i'm still very much me, the people im friends with I enjoy time with very much but the way I always thought of it has been I can go into their world but they can't into mine even if I was really bold and showed them it.
I'm thinking as I become more secure in my identity I will be able to stand as a friend to anyone but still on the outskirts of it all. A sort of loner who won't back down from his beliefs and proudly promote them by being completely honest with how he thinks about things.

I'm not sure if any other INFP's feel like they fit anywhere but I'm sure they can certainly be within anything quite easily. Feel different but can blend in really well with other personalities.

·
Registered
287 Posts
There is many times when I can walk into a situation and adapt quickly to everything going on. So I suppose in that since I can share with you.

But I also feel that there are things I can do well.

And I'm sure there are abilities that you are also good at. You just have to find them.

Sometimes what people do well isn't something that is commonly praised. Like a person who goes years without and accident or ticket while driving is not necessarily praised for doing well. If you do bed you get tickets and shit so there is a penalty for doing bad. But doing well just doesn't get you anything. So maybe it isn't that there is nothing that you are good at, it is just that there are things you are good at that aren’t commonly praised.

Reactions: Erutpar

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Oh, I can relate to that a little. Like @Wellsy, I can sink into people's styles. I'm not going to be emotional around my INTJ friend. For example, I can be very sarcastic with the right person, and so around my INTJ friend, I'd be slightly different than around my ISFP friend, because I just happen to express a different side of me with each.

Totally faking traits that I don't even possess though? I can't do that at all.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes what people do well isn't something that is commonly praised. Like a person who goes years without and accident or ticket while driving is not necessarily praised for doing well. If you do bed you get tickets and shit so there is a penalty for doing bad. But doing well just doesn't get you anything. So maybe it isn't that there is nothing that you are good at, it is just that there are things you are good at that arent commonly praised.
Wow, you're absolutely right. I haven't received a speeding ticket for the entire 13 year duration of my driving record.

I love you, man.

·
Registered
287 Posts
@Erutpar well the example was just an example. I hope you go beyond it.

And 13 years is a long time. I average a ticket every 4 years so far. (and a deer every other)

Reactions: Erutpar
1 - 8 of 8 Posts