Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, folks. I've been having a lot of difficulty typing myself for quite some time now. The only aspects of my personality that I'm absolutely sure of are my intuitive and perceiving qualities. Extroversion/introversion and thinking/feeling are entirely open to debate. Allow me to explain myself a little bit better.

Extroversion/Introversion
I absolutely love being around people. They fascinate me. Depending on my mood, I'll either sit and simply observe quietly from the corner of the room, or I'll be the life of the party. I'm constantly surprised by exactly how many people know me. During high school, I could hardly walk down the hall without someone calling out my name. Half of them were people I barely knew. I never considered myself to be popular, but most people knew who I was. I digress, I'm going off on a tangent. However, it all depends on my mood. For days at a time, I'll constantly surround myself with people. Over the past week, I haven't spent a single day alone in my apartment. There has always been someone with me, and not all of them are close friends. On the other side of things, there will be days or even a week where I just have to be by myself. Being around people at that point makes me irritable.

Thinking/Feeling
I'm a very logical person. When thinking about anything, it's in a very detached, intellectual sense. I'm not easily affected by strong emotions. However, when making my decisions, I ALWAYS take into account how it's going to affect my relationships with other people and make them feel.

Whenever I take the MBTI test myself, I test as an INTP. Every single time. However, I had my girlfriend and another friend take the test for me based on their perception of me and came out as an ENFP. I've researched both types quite thoroughly and relate to a significant amount of what's considered "common" for both. Because of my confusion, I decided to take a cognitive functions test. I was even more confused by the results, so I took a different one. On both, I scored almost equally high on introverted thinking and extraverted intuition. Introverted thinking was only a point or so higher. So, my question for you is...What the hell am I? Lol. ^_^

Sidenote: I also took the Big5/Sloan test and came out as SCUAI with a primary type of Inquisitive. >>

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmm - this will be difficult without more information; can you fill out one of the stickied type questionnaires for us? At the moment, I'm leaning towards ExTx, but I can't tell any more without some extra details.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, yes. I was just doing some more research into the functions associated with each type. With that in mind, ENTP does make the most sense. Interesting. Thanks for the input, folks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts