Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apparently that is rare.

I like being in control during debates and when I see weaknesses in logic I attack them immediately.

Its strange because the use of INTP's functions make them very gray (Ne) and also very critical (Ti), so they are typically rather neutral. I guess I am sort of aggressively neutral in a way. I don't like people who aren't being real with me or themselves and I don't like it when people aren't thinking through ideas or things correctly and I will usually demand they do it better.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
There are trends that are more common, and some combinations that are highly unlikely given the nature of each type, but any MBTI type can be any enneagram type. The best way to figure out your type is to study each system separately. Once you understand the separate systems as well as how you fit into each one, the two will make sense in how they work together in your case.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
lols. i think my enneagram type killed my MBTI type. or, alternatively, didn't even let it develop. cause it makes total sense that i don't have a type under MBTI.
I know what you mean. I have clear Ne and Fi leads and seem to have inferior Si which would put me at ENFP, but my focused, goal-driven personality does not engage in 'new things all the time' and scattered behavior, and my hopeless independence and lone-wolf syndrome makes me come off more like a INFP; except that I'm 'withdrawn' by virtue of not having anything real to say to most people nor any interest in talking to most of them, and I'm not actually 'shy,' which would make no sense with INFP.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
fuck mbti it makes me angry, its over generalizations and stereotypes to back up real functions.. I can be as much a drunken party girl performer as I can blend in with the chess club and show off my 4.0 Its no more real than astrology and someday someone is going to disprove it.

Reactions: Animal

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fuck mbti it makes me angry, its over generalizations and stereotypes to back up real functions.. I can be as much a drunken party girl performer as I can blend in with the chess club and show off my 4.0 Its no more real than astrology and someday someone is going to disprove it.
Thats because people use MBTI wrong. Just think of it as purely cognition and nothing more.

Even though Enneagram and MBTI are entirely different, I like to think of the former as Psyche and how you act and the latter as how you process information and thoughts. I quite clearly use Ti but my 8w7 makes me appear INTJ because of cutthroat I can be.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Thats because people use MBTI wrong. Just think of it as purely cognition and nothing more.
Sorry if that was too harsh sounding. I can be reactive. I was not trying to dispute your beliefs. It just makes me GRRRR then I go oh no I should not have said it that way. Tell us about yourself?

Reactions: Negativity Bias

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry if that was too harsh sounding. I can be reactive. I was not trying to dispute your beliefs. It just makes me GRRRR then I go oh no I should not have said it that way. Tell us about yourself?
Don't worry about being harsh. Just be who you are.

I spend all my time thinking about ideas and how to make everything better but am often reluctant to start anything. I really love testing my ideas with people and having a lot of debates with friends or whoever. I am usually pretty laid back but when I am in groups I become pretty damn ruthless.

I am studying to become a game designer or a game critic. Haven't really decided yet but I just like the idea of designing stuff. I have this desire to try and make every idea the best it can possibly be and I often spend my time finding the core of every problem and observing and tweaking it.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Don't worry about being harsh. Just be who you are.

I spend all my time thinking about ideas and how to make everything better but am often reluctant to start anything. I really love testing my ideas with people and having a lot of debates with friends or whoever. I am usually pretty laid back but when I am in groups I become pretty damn ruthless.

I am studying to become a game designer or a game critic. Haven't really decided yet but I just like the idea of designing stuff. I have this desire to try and make every idea the best it can possibly be and I often spend my time finding the core of every problem and observing and tweaking it.
sounds good. I am alternating between here and playing the new Tomb Raider right now, my mouse keeps sticking on the desk and angering me during a kill. What kind of games would you design? mmorpgs, first person shooters or what?

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds good. I am alternating between here and playing the new Tomb Raider right now, my mouse keeps sticking on the desk and angering me during a kill. What kind of games would you design? mmorpgs, first person shooters or what?
I would be comfortable designing anything. Sure I have favorite genres and genres I don't like much but I would try to make the best whatever game I was in charge of making. It doesn't take long for me to understand what makes a genre or game good and what makes it bad. Often times I can do it without even playing the games much, like in the case of RTS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts