Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm normally sort of lousy when it comes to details. I mean, I only care about details when they are related to something of infinite importance because I can always see the big picture. When I'm angry, though, I become obsessed with details and very perfectionistic. I don't know if this is my ESTJ shadow coming out, but most people seem to like it when I'm like this - to a certain extent. When I get too angry I can't get anything done and am pretty much a basket case. I was wondering if other INFPs turn into perfectionists when they are angry/stressed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can be okay at details... But it has to be an area of interest... And the details have to matter. I also can only keep track of so much until the whole thing becomes difficult to keep track of.

Im often noticing details that others overlook, but I don't attach any meaning to them or make a judgement. I'm not overly concerned about the form of a thing, even though I can see the differences...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I can behave like this at work. I usually don't give much importance to details but when I am under stress I can turn a little obsessive compulsive and perfectionist.. I have taken the Ennegram test from PerC a couple of times and I always get Type 1 at the end of the tri-type which pretty much explains why I behave like this sometimes. I don't know if being obsessed with details has to do with your ESTJ shadow.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
When I'm angry I find it very difficult to think logically, I think this hinders my ability to properly attend to details. I try to focus on details, but I don't do it very well.

When I really care about something, I'm super detailed oriented, almost to an unhealthy degree.

When I don't care about something, I'm horribly lazy and messy.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not sure about details, but when I am angry, I can really focus on whatever I'm doing, and the results are amazing! Sometimes I like to go jogging or play tennis when I'm mad and I can really be a beast at tennis if I'm furious about something.

Wish I could channel this to use when I wanted... XD

·
Registered
352 Posts
That would be an affirmative. But then, I'm a little perfectionistic most of the time, at least in regards to to the creation process (baking, writing, painting). When I'm creating something, I like it to be as close to perfect as possible. Like @Luke mentioned, I can be very detail-oriented.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts