Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm an INTJ and I'm considered a rather unusual and intelligent individual who has few friends in his life and spends the vast majority of his time alone with knowledge, plans, books, textbooks, looking into world affairs, and thinking about complex matters. I both talk and write fomally and I avoid others like the plague. I talk with a voice that is rather deep, cold, robotic,and seemingly unemotional. I don't know if I've met any ESFPs in my life but if I'm correct I knew several when I was in primary school but I never bothered to socialize with them.

As I've approached aduilthood and notice that socializing is necessary in human culture, society, and the workplace, I'm concerned that I may have to deal with extraverted types and sensors such as the ESFP because they are fairly common among other types. I can socialize rather well and I apply a social mask if it's necessary to maintain social stability, However, I'm concerned that once I associate myself with others in my life, an ESFP may become interested me and I'll have to deal with that or I may have a boss or someone I'm working under who is an ESFP or someone similar who doesn't understand me and my needs and will possibly fire me if I criticize him/her for their lackluster labour and poor systemization of the workplace.

To my knowledge, I'm the opposite of the ESFP but what I have realized is that if I want to progress further in life, befriending or having connections with ESFPs and similar types can aid me in that and I'm concerned that my plans will be jeopardized if I don't make connections with others. In the current economy is isn't simply obtaining higher education that gets you somewhere, it's also who you know. Many ESFPs, Extraverts, and Sensors are fairly common in our culture to a certain extent. Some may work in prestigious positions or be very wealthy which can aid me in my plans. However, if I can't connect with them or if they despise me, such connections and opportunities will never be seized and accomplished, thereby jeopardizing my plans and my future.

I also want to consider being open-minded with other types and at least attempt to be friends with other types such as ESFPs. Therefore, I need to know how I can socialize and relate to ESFPs. I also want to know if it's even possible for me to have a meaningful relationship with an ESFP because despite such differences I may learn many important matters from such a type. When there's an infinite quantity of knowledge, there's always more to learn.

ESFPs, is it possible for me, an INTJ, to function, relate, connect, befriend, socialize, comprehend, and work with your kind? If so, please assist me in this for I require help for the sake of my future. Please respond to this as best as you're enabled, thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm an INFJ, and I interact with a certain ESFP on a daily basis. Yes, family. Im just going to insert one little problem I face. While it is quite infuriating I wont lie, when we hit it off we really do well together. Providing a nice balance socially. But once we disagree on something there is no other way that I knew of other than leaving them be to cool off. Because, as my Ni and J stands although we both hate conflict I am most inclined to seek a reason to why they disagree and am open to correction. Most of the time they fail to see that(?) and just wouldnt bother to explain a thing. Although when they strongly believe in something for example someone doing something wrong/unredeemable from their prespective they will confront you. But its best to try and really avoid feeling negativity when near them at all cost as my experience with some of ESFPs I know is... Not one i'd like to look back to. Sorry I didnt mean to seem negative ^^

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm an INFJ, and I interact with a certain ESFP on a daily basis. Yes, family. Im just going to insert one little problem I face. While it is quite infuriating I wont lie, when we hit it off we really do well together. Providing a nice balance socially. But once we disagree on something there is no other way that I knew of other than leaving them be to cool off. Because, as my Ni and J stands although we both hate conflict I am most inclined to seek a reason to why they disagree and am open to correction. Most of the time they fail to see that(?) and just wouldnt bother to explain a thing. Although when they strongly believe in something for example someone doing something wrong/unredeemable from their prespective they will confront you. But its best to try and really avoid feeling negativity when near them at all cost as my experience with some of ESFPs I know is... Not one i'd like to look back to. Sorry I didnt mean to seem negative ^^
This is rather useful, but at least you can be in touch with your feelings with both yourself and others, I can't do that to my knowledge. Others emotions aren't important to me and to ESFPs and many other types they mean great significance. They think that if you don't express your emotions or don't care for family, relationships, or other people then you're a lonely, cold-hearted, ruthless, violent organsim who doesn't deserve to live. Contrary to what others may assume, I do care about others, but in the form of a global scale and of the entire world population as well as issues we're in now for which I want to resolve. How can I possibly be able to socialize with others with this form of thinking?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I totally see what you mean about expressing things, definitely what my ESFP friends does all the time. But please dont be so hard on yourself, just caring about current issues meant that you care about their well beings even if its seemingly from afar. You just need to learn how to make it seem more that way. Or dont, best you do though if socializing is still a priority.
In my experience it does depends on each individual as the ESFPs I encounter are, while sharing the same attributes, different in terms of approach. Some even finds me/other introverts endearing, and almost all of them engage me in funny remarks XD once you get closer you'll see that theyre more than what they seem in terms of thoughts so thats the nice part. I occasionally exchange thoughts about current events with them and its amusing I promise.

When you socialize, try to make the people your goal for a moment. It doesnt matter how you view them because you wouldnt even think about it when it happen. As long as you give an amount of attention to them when you're socializing, to the extend you're able to of course. Isn't that how your friends caught you? :)

(If not how did they get to be your friend i'd like to know because keeping friends exhaust me)

·
Registered
438 Posts
How old are you?

·
Registered
876 Posts
We probably won't see eye to eye in many ways but that doesn't mean you can't become friends with an ESFP

·
Registered
ESTP - SEE Fi
4,694 Posts
This is rather useful, but at least you can be in touch with your feelings with both yourself and others, I can't do that to my knowledge. Others emotions aren't important to me and to ESFPs and many other types they mean great significance. They think that if you don't express your emotions or don't care for family, relationships, or other people then you're a lonely, cold-hearted, ruthless, violent organsim who doesn't deserve to live. Contrary to what others may assume, I do care about others, but in the form of a global scale and of the entire world population as well as issues we're in now for which I want to resolve. How can I possibly be able to socialize with others with this form of thinking?
... just tell them in a simple way ? Like you're not the kind of actually expressin how you feel, you actually act on them in your own "fashion" ?

It's true that ESFP got their emotions on their sleeves but I don't see why it wouldn't work with an INTJ. Sure you'll have pretty big issues regardin some ends but if you view the issue as an obstacle and put all your intellect into solvin it I'm sure you ll figure it out :) of course there's that whole notion of personnal vulnerability and its no easy task for you guys but hey, need everything to make a world they say.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,370 Posts
They are our complete opposites, but it's possible to relate to any person really. I've found ESFPs to be either super annoying or super lovable if they're balanced (that goes for any personality I guess). Besides, I get along with ENFP and ESFJ pretty well, and both of those are "cousins" to the ESFP, so in theory it's not impossible right?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I suppose it's easier to relate to people you have something in common with. Just think: INTJ and ESFP have same functions. Perhaps we're both independent and a well-developed INTJ and ESFP should get in fine with each other. Don't worry about it :)

Opposites attract sometimes. You may both be fascinated by your differences (as well as similarities). Just try to be more accepting and less critical/judging - try to almost be a bit more like them sometimes - that way you may understand them better

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Just treat them as people and have interactions with them that foster that a personal connection

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
They are our complete opposites, but it's possible to relate to any person really. I've found ESFPs to be either super annoying or super lovable if they're balanced (that goes for any personality I guess). Besides, I get along with ENFP and ESFJ pretty well, and both of those are "cousins" to the ESFP, so in theory it's not impossible right?
I ain't no one's fucking cousin. :kitteh:

Screw type, just try screwing her first. See what happens.

That's my advice.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,370 Posts
Why is it adorable?

Tell me,

I'm intrigued. :3
I guess it's because of what you said in combination with your profile picture.

In both cases I'm like: "Nooo, little girl, don't do tha-- or wait, I love it!" ;D

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I guess it's because of what you said in combination with your profile picture.

In both cases I'm like: "Nooo, little girl, don't do tha-- or wait, I love it!" ;D
LOL

I'm actually nearly 30 (I'm just very youthful. Age is just a concept to me). I'll take that as a compliment though. xD

Never judge a book by its cover. ;) :3

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,370 Posts
LOL

I'm actually nearly 30 (I'm just very youthful. Age is just a concept to me). I'll take that as a compliment though. xD

Never judge a book by its cover. ;) :3
Every old lady has a little girl inside of her, and every little girl can be a stern old lady.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts