Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how to start, so I suppose I'll just do a run-through of some suggested info from the sticky, in unimaginative list form :).

Sex - Female
Age - 23. I feel like a very old undergrad (anthropology) or a very young actual adult.
Personality - I usually test as an INFP, although the F and P tend not to be that pronounced. I tend to have interesting, if argumentative friendships with INTJs and am a little intimidated by some ENFJs, but everyone's different! I'm a little skeptical about Myers-Briggs typology in general, although I'm open and obviously find it interesting enough to be here. Not as familiar with the Enneagram, but I appear to be a 4.

Basically, since I'm an old undergrad, I've been in the same place for a long time doing the same things. I've seen a lot of friends graduate, and I feel a bit like I'm still in Limbo. I do have post-graduation plans that probably include grad school in public policy, but I have obligations that will keep me in town until May. So...I'd like to do something a little different and maybe find cool people to talk to.

I'm an intermittent vegetarian, a respectful agnostic, an epistemic solipsist, and once wrote a paper arguing that people are inherently good. Also, I have pet rats.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Kylan and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Kylan. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
39 Posts
from that description I instantly like you :D

Are you willing to debate your opinion on the nature of people? It is a field that interrests me.

Oh yeah and Welcome

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww, thanks! I like being instantly liked :]. And you are represented by an adorable kitten. I am pro-kitten.

About personality...I remember reading once that although there seems to be solid evidence for introversion vs. extroversion as a dichotomy, there doesn't appear to be as much evidence for the other three measures being opposed, if that makes sense. I'm obviously not an expert, though, and it does seem like useful shorthand. For example, if I say I'm an INFP to people who pay attention to this sort of thing, they know that I'm probably introverted, reflective, and take myself really seriously :p.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hello there!

I feel ya; I've been in a two-year college for more than four years now (22 years old), and hell, we don't have to rush life. I still get called "a baby" so I hope that counts for something! Getting it over with is harder than it looks D;

You're definitely a thinker in that "F"! I can truly appreciate that! I'm agnostic as well. =)

Pet rats, too! The good them about them is that you can never have too many so long as they're not co-ed. =P

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found the meijers bridge system to be a good start for getting to know someone. Even so I have to say there are still a surprising lot of different personalities to people that have the same type so there's still plenty of space to be surprised :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts