Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else have a certain personality type that they inexplicably collect as friends? I can't seem to stop gathering ISTJ friends and it is so strange! My best friend of 12+ years is ISTJ, my second best friend of 15+ years is ISTJ, I made a close ISTJ friend in college. My doctor was ISTJ and we somehow in the course of my treatment became friends. And I have 2 other friends who are ISTJ who are not as close but still friends. I'm pleasantly overwhelmed and confused by why that personality type seems to like me (I really like them too of course!). The thing is...my chickies will not get along with each other so I have to spend time with them all separately. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm an ISTJ hoarder and if I should do something to break this addiction. haha. Anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
Meesa Gungan
6,487 Posts
I tend to get along very well with people that I've suspected to be ISTJ. I find they might actually be one of the easiest types to get along with. I mean, I'm pretty sure my uncle is an ISTJ, and he's kind of a fussy person, but it's a consistent kind of fussiness, if that makes sense. Like, he likes to know how long a particular change in his household might last, and likes for things to be in a certain order around the house. He can be really grumpy too though haha.
I think I find them easy to get along with, because you easily know where you stand. I find people who prefer Fe a bit slippery. Perhaps, because I prefer Fe, and I know how we can be reassuring to people and not tell them our negative thoughts/feelings, not wanting to hurt other people, but Te's are more comfortable with the bluntness. I like it, because I like knowing if someone is being honest or just trying to make me feel better.
I have a friend whom I suspect to be ISTJ; there's little she'd say behind someone's back that she wouldn't just as easily say to their face.

·
Registered
INFP
1,182 Posts
My roommate is an ISTJ, we get along well. I also have an ISTJ brother. It's true they are the easiest type to get along with.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Does anybody else have a certain personality type that they inexplicably collect as friends? I can't seem to stop gathering ISTJ friends and it is so strange! My best friend of 12+ years is ISTJ, my second best friend of 15+ years is ISTJ, I made a close ISTJ friend in college. My doctor was ISTJ and we somehow in the course of my treatment became friends. And I have 2 other friends who are ISTJ who are not as close but still friends. I'm pleasantly overwhelmed and confused by why that personality type seems to like me (I really like them too of course!). The thing is...my chickies will not get along with each other so I have to spend time with them all separately. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm an ISTJ hoarder and if I should do something to break this addiction. haha. Anyone else have a similar experience?
I’m curious what personality you are?

I’ve realized I collect SP friends. Like, I know most of all types, but they are my deep friends.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m curious what personality you are?

I’ve realized I collect SP friends. Like, I know most of all types, but they are my deep friends.
I don't know what my type is yet. I'm in the process of figuring that out. That's actually one of the reasons I joined here, to get input and become more familiar with the different types.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My roommate is an ISTJ, we get along well. I also have an ISTJ brother. It's true they are the easiest type to get along with.
I tend to get along very well with people that I've suspected to be ISTJ. I find they might actually be one of the easiest types to get along with. I mean, I'm pretty sure my uncle is an ISTJ, and he's kind of a fussy person, but it's a consistent kind of fussiness, if that makes sense. Like, he likes to know how long a particular change in his household might last, and likes for things to be in a certain order around the house. He can be really grumpy too though haha.
I think I find them easy to get along with, because you easily know where you stand. I find people who prefer Fe a bit slippery. Perhaps, because I prefer Fe, and I know how we can be reassuring to people and not tell them our negative thoughts/feelings, not wanting to hurt other people, but Te's are more comfortable with the bluntness. I like it, because I like knowing if someone is being honest or just trying to make me feel better.
I have a friend whom I suspect to be ISTJ; there's little she'd say behind someone's back that she wouldn't just as easily say to their face.
That's interesting! I generally get along with most people, but ISTJs have been my closest friends. Like you brought out, I love how straightforward they are.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Honestly, I don't really collect friends at all. Sometimes a friendship just happens, but I don't think there are any specific types that stand out.

·
Registered
INFP . 4w5
91 Posts
Ah.. it really is bizarre if i may say so. My father is an ISTJ, as far as I know and he's the funniest man anywhere - with the best "saucy" dash of sarcasm.

Although I don't consciously collect any.. er... type (O_O) xxTP types in general kind of stick with me more. Like, I connect and can converse more naturally with fellow xxTP types. Currently, I'm good friends with an ISTP, an INTP, two ESTPs and three ENTPs (darnit they're obsessingly fun to do constructive arguments with).

salud para ellos!

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
i have a knack for collecting very christian friends, which is odd because just yesterday some guy on the street told me i look a member of the band Post Mortem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah.. it really is bizarre if i may say so. My father is an ISTJ, as far as I know and he's the funniest man anywhere - with the best "saucy" dash of sarcasm.

Although I don't consciously collect any.. er... type (O_O) xxTP types in general kind of stick with me more. Like, I connect and can converse more naturally with fellow xxTP types. Currently, I'm good friends with an ISTP, an INTP, two ESTPs and three ENTPs (darnit they're obsessingly fun to do constructive arguments with).

salud para ellos!
Yes! I love the sauciness of ISTJs. My best friend's sense of humor is the best. She also kinda laughs at the darkest things and its great. xxTP friends are fun. I have a couple (INTP and ISTP), but they are not as close as the ISTJ friends I have.

·
Registered
628 Posts
From the big picture perspective, those who tend to be in or close to my inner circle are either NF temperments or xxTP's.

The NF's tend to be those who give provide me with a calming influence and promote emotional stability - often just by their kind/gentle nature and sometimes their very presence in my space has an amazing effect on me.

The xxTP's are my twins so to speak - they give me inspiration and motivation. They are my intellectual and physical co-conspiritors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts